+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Breastfed 4 month old is unsettled?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Oh thankyou for your kind words. I sometimes find it difficult as my family mostly FF and find it hard to identify with my journey. My family is always planting the seeds that maybe bub is hungry, my milk may not have the nutrients, am I going to give up BF when bub is teething blah blah blah..now thats to me, what do they say behind my back?
    I dont really have strong BF role models.
    Anyways goodnight Im exhausted!
    I get this from my family too. It's fine when I'm feeling confident, but it is really annoying when baby is fussy and I need the extra support.

I just try to remind myself that there is plenty of BF support out there and that if I do get low supply there are things I can try before switching to formula.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfed 4 month old is unsettled?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Oh thankyou for your kind words. I sometimes find it difficult as my family mostly FF and find it hard to identify with my journey. My family is always planting the seeds that maybe bub is hungry, my milk may not have the nutrients, am I going to give up BF when bub is teething blah blah blah..now thats to me, what do they say behind my back?
    I dont really have strong BF role models.
    Anyways goodnight Im exhausted!
    Ugh my MIL. Threw all those at me n has quite a few times! Your CHN needs to go back to school!!!! We had major growth issues for the first 6wks and saw a brilliant private paed (cost a small fortune but worth it) and he told us 120-150gram per week is what they look for for bubs to put on on avg....so your doing fantastically!!!
    As for nutrients etc ud have never had him growing properly to begin with and he'd have never been satisfied!

We have the same happening too....drooling n chewing on hands etc...we can't feel any teeth but I'm very confident that he's started the teething process....and my dr suggested if he gets really bad try baby panadol....and honestly that's been a dream! I don't use it unless I have to....but when I do my normal happy baby comes back...so it has to b the right thing then! Give it a try

Good luck and ignore others who put doubt....sadly sometimes even family wants u to feel bad coz ur doing something that they couldn't

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone have a great weekend. Hubby is taking me away for some rest and relaxation! We got two hours last night between feeds..I have started back on the motillium and fenugreek just in case too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarplumMummy For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breastfed 4 month old is unsettled?

Good luck and enjoy your break!! I emphasise with the lack of support...my inlaws are the same and their "advice" is simply not helpful!!

My wonderful sleeper turned at 4 1/2 months and not because he is bf. They just change so much all the time but that change was mega for both of us.

Im sure your supply is good but it's a good excuse to make some lactation cookies...helpful and delish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I too also would agree that bub is going thru a growth spurt vs your milk supply. I really doubt that it's suddenly stopped working. If you are worried- have as many skin to skin cuddles with bub in the early hours of the morning. Your lactational hormones are the highest then.

My chubby (300-500gm a week gainer baby) also started to feed 2hrly at 4ish months. It was a phase and she grew out of it and then suddenly slowed down. It's not you! It's them!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you that bub is doing really well, we took him away & he woke only once at 3am. Now we are back home we are waking 1am and 4am but thats an improvement!
    I seriously dont think my supply was low as I was so engorged after taking the motillium and fenugreek. My supply/breasts seemed to have really settled so maybe this was concerning me too. Anyway thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and to date he has put on 175grams in the last week!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarplumMummy For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-08-2012)