+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 has been telling me I'm pregnant for the past 3 years, he's actaully right this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    jessalee U r too cute ..& if you are going to be crazy a train is a good place for it (you probably brightened someone's day watching you cackle)!!!!

zanne & missy_mack - you both give me hope thanks for that
    Is it little boys that seem to do this predicting more...hmmmm I am reading & hoping too much into this...its fun anyway.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess mum was pregnant with all 4 pregnancies after me (one ending in m/c though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not with me of course, but so many times at work kids have been adamant their mum has a baby in her tummy and a month later they come to me and say "guess what, he/she was right!"

I've seen it with animals too. When my SIL was pregnant but before she knew (was following a miscarriage, they weren't ready to TTC again so soon) their dog started avoiding her, like he not only knew there was a baby in there, but that this baby was here to stay.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD has been waiting for a sibling for half a decade.

She keeps telling me about "when the baby girl is born" and "when the baby girl comes". She is utterly convinced that the baby, which we haven't told her about yet, is a girl and wants to be named Lucy.

Every time she mentions how impatient she is to see the baby, I tell her I might have a baby *one day*, but she brushes that off as me being silly.

The dogs sure as hell know. Usually dinner time is a hurricane of half-jumps, leaping around me, barking, tails thumping my legs, headbutts to my belly, and general rough housing.

For the past month and a bit, they've been slinking carefully to their food bowls, slowly wagging tails and no headbutts. There's not even been any pawing at me to get up in the morning, they just stand there at the bedside, staring, with tails thumping on wall.
    When they run, they run around me, and slow down when they come closer. Usually they bounce around me like kangaroos on heroin, but now they walk around me like I'm frail.

This makes me think they know. Maybe I smell different, maybe I'm giving off subconscious body language, I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dog was the same ToughLove, he was also pushing our more bouncy puppy away too. I thought it was really odd until I got my bfp then it dawned on me why he was acting differently

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here's a weird one! Has your child told you that you were pregnant b4 u knew it?

Loving all these stories, your children and are so adorable. I know this isn't the same but my 2 year old daughter often tells her child care teacher I've arrived to pick her up when she has no way of seeing that I'm there yet and I arrive at all different times. Yet she's always right. Kids can be so intuitive.

My doggies went funny with me when I was pregnant too, the female one especially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick......I need to get a dog!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clementine For This Useful Post:

WhitePeach  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Here's a weird one! Has your child told you that you were pregnant b4 u knew it?

Hmm, well I have an odd one. Before I'd had my 12 week NT test/scan with DD, my DS (then 4) told me I had two babies in my tummy. At the 12 week scan there was only one, but at 14 weeks I had a bleed. It was a gush followed by 2 weeks of brown blood that included clots. I have a family history of twins and hyper ovulation, so to this day I wonder if maybe there was two at some point.

I love all these stories

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    Quick......I need to get a dog!!!!!!!!!
    There's a business for me.

Early pregnancy tests, no peeing on sticks necessary. 100% effective. Just put a bowl of food on the ground for four dogs.