+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here's a weird one! Has your child told you that you were pregnant b4 u knew it?

Hi there just wanted to ask anyone if this has ever happened to them..
    My son is 4 and over the past week or so has commented that there is a baby in my tummy?? He has never spoken like this before and never really talks about babies ever... he already has a 2 year old sister...but he has said this to me a couple of times and it is spinning me out..
    We are TTC nos 3 but not saying anything to anyone and I am in my TWW -so I guess I am hopeful that his prediction comes true.
    Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    I'd love to hear :-)

Thank you ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Here's a weird one! Has your child told you that you were pregnant b4 u knew it?

Yes!!

My DS was at daycare once, he was 4. They read a book about a pregnant lady. After it was done my DS declared "my mum is fat cause there is a baby in her belly!" When the day care lady told me this I assumed it was due to having had coffee with a pregnant friend who had told DS she had a baby in her belly so she was fat.

A week later I got my BFP.. and DD is almost 3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Haha yep every day. However I just have a food baby in my belly :P

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (17-08-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here's a weird one! Has your child told you that you were pregnant b4 u knew it?

Yep - my DD (about 18 months at the time) said something about a bubba in my tummy which I didn't pay much attention to as we were not ttc ... Lo and behold, a couple of weeks later I got a bfp and am now 25 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DD has told people I have a baby on my belly but I didn't!! Lol

I didn't even look pregnant!!...I hope

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yup. My DS wished his DD into existence. Lots of talking about "can we have a a baby" and "can you and dad make a baby" and "i'd love to get a baby sister".

Woke up one morning and he had drawn a picture of me, with a baby belly. I wasn't knowingly pregnant. But I did a test the next week on a whim, expecting a negative, and was about 5 seconds pregnant.

Coincidence? I dunno! But after 6 years of TTC, I still believe that he wished her here

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewid For This Useful Post:

Inked Mumma  (19-08-2012),MsImpatient  (17-08-2012),withloveandlimits  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Not so much with saying I was, but once we told DS I had a baby in my tummy, he became certain it was two baby girls. With no history of twins & conceiving without help, we laughed it off. Imagine our shock at the first scan when two showed up! And yes he was right about the girls too.

He turned to me that night & said "Mummy I wished so hard for little sisters and my wish came true!"

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Inked Mumma  (19-08-2012),kriista  (18-08-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (17-08-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-08-2012),withloveandlimits  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG ChickyBee that is just gorgeous - your DS is a darling - wishing you all the very best for the arrival of your pink poppets
    Drewid - that is just so cool I think he wished her here too - he certainly was persistant - my DS is certainly not wishing for one more

bub4rosie - wow congratulations that is just so lovely - that sounds similar to the way my DS is (hopefully it turns out just like your little one's prediction ) All the best for the next 15 weeks

Blue&Pink - so glad it wasnt cause you were just fat!!! I am getting a bit worried that I may be - but apart from my post bubs pot belly I dont think so (but maybe I am delusional and should listen to the truth from the mouth of a 4 year old!!)

Waterlilly & OM - I'll keep you posted if it is just tummy or bubby !!

Thanks girls its fun to think that my Bub Nos 3 dream will come true

13. The Following User Says Thank You to clementine For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes both of my kids did! Dd came a week before ds and each time i gave them the we cant have another baby speach, answering loads of questions. I though my IBS was flarring up and took mintec like it was on sale, then it hit me....I am over a week late! .....and here I am 38 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post

He turned to me that night & said "Mummy I wished so hard for little sisters and my wish came true!"
    Oh my gosh, I just made an audible squeal on a train full of people cause this is too cute!!!

A few people are now staring at the crazy lady lol