+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

I find I buy different items at different stores.

Pants
    I am a lorna jane addict!!! I found the cheaper brands just wore out too quickly (I have to wash after every wear and go several sess). Agree you need to be very sure the pants are fully covering hehe. Maybe if you are losing weight choose a pair with a drawstring top so you can adjust. They are super stretchy so the legs should be ok for a while.

Bras
    Def invest in a really good quality sports bra. Your (.) (.) will thank you after a few weeks of exercise!!!! I have big ladies so I make sure they are super contained and I am not so self conscious of movement! Last I bought on special at Myers 2x berlis for $80? Depends on your size... usual chain stores are useless for me!

Tops
    I have recently bought a few of the tops from kmart and they are awesome! $15? Seem to be holding up well in the wash and super comfy. I get all my little crop tops from there as well.

Off to hunt down the Michelle Bridges stuff!!!!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it definitely depends on what you're doing when it comes down to it.

If you're a regular runner then Lorna Jane, Running Bare, Brooks... Quite a few of those more exxy brands are great because they will last longer and are tailored to that specific activity.
    But if you're just starting out at the gym or only just starting a new running/walking program and you're doing a bit of this and a bit of that there's really no need to splash heaps of money on clothing. When I started training I just wore a pair of cheap cotton shorts and whatever tshirt I had laying around.

The idea is that the less you spend on clothing the more you will have to spend on quality footwear and IMO that's FAR more important than the clothing you're wearing.
    When I'm not pregnant I regularly run in a set of BSC leggings with some el cheapo cotton shorts over the top and a random tshirt. I bought an exxy Nike sweat-wicking singlet and frankly it just sh!ts me because it's not cool and flowing .
    Most days that I train it's in a cheap pair of shorts and a tshirt, I only wear the leggings on alternate days when I do a 5km or more. So you really don't need to spend a lot of money to get good bang for your buck. I've had the same pairs of shorts for running for about 2 years and I think they cost me about $10 in Big W.

There's nothing funnier to me than the groups of women who go out for their walk armed to the teeth with Oakley and Nike fitness gear looking like walking advertisements for the brands and not actually moving any faster than a rather sedate trudge.
    I mean I get that some people aren't able to do more than that. But do you really have to buy up half a Rebel Sport store to do it? I just don't see the point.

ETA: Just realised, old thread is old. Oh well. Heh.
    Last edited by Eko; 20-03-2013 at 11:24.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh how sad... I'm still wearing the worn, tired gym clothes I was complaining about, what, 8 months ago?!

Funnily enough, I wouldn't describe them as any more worn or tired now than they were then. It's like they hit their low point quickly and stayed there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, I think it's been spammed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I'm a size 16 ( hence why I want to exercise). Do any of the good brands actually stock clothing for bigger girls?
    I can't think of another "big brand" as I usually custom my own gymwear. You can have a look here if you interested http://www.mylo-dee.com you can choose the design/color they do any size. keep being active!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post

I must be doing something wrong. I've had Target and BigW gym gear for ages and it's worn just fine. I do have a big gym stash, about 6 or 7 days worth without washing. Even in my BC days (before children) when I was a gym junkie and did 11 gym sessions a week plus walked to and from work every day (20 mins walk each way) my gym clothes wore fine. My favourite gym pants were a BigW special for about $10!
    My faves are my $10 kmart clearance tights! I go to the gym several times a week, plus I play indoor sports and train for outdoor sports, my kmart tights last me years and max they ever cost are $15.

$15 tights and a $6 kmart tank, my gym uniform.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Michelle bridges' range from big w are great!

I have a pair of the pants and they are as good as my lorna janes (& a third of the price )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big W has the best range for bigger sizes

Quote Originally Posted by sandra28 View Post
    I can't think of another "big brand" as I usually custom my own gymwear. You can have a look here if you interested http://www.mylo-dee.com you can choose the design/color they do any size. keep being active!