+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

I bought Target gym gear about three months ago because I didn't intend to stay that size for long enough to invest in anything dearer. Everything is looking very worn and tired; I pride myself on my laundry, but these items have not washed well at all.

They will do until I reach my goal weight, at which time I'll have some fun at Lorna Jane, but I wouldn't recommend them for lasting the distance .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have a combination of running bare and Lorna Jane and I much prefer running bare tights..they are a cotton blend (where my LJ ones are all Lycra) and I feel like they cover more and are thicker.

I have Nike and LJ singlets but I especially like the LJ loose breathable singlets with the elastic around the bottom so they don't ride up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Majke View Post
    Just watch out with cotton leggings because some of them can get a bit see-through. Especially if you are going to be doing yoga or anything with a lot of stretchy moves
    I learnt this the hard way: downward dog pose with bottom towards mirror in cheap super tights. Suffice to say, the sight of my own butt crack was enough to entice me to purchase some new tights..worst thing was getting through the rest of the class knowing it was so bad!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

I looove Lorna Jayne but....I'm also planning on shedding 30kgs and have no intentions of putting that 30 back on. So I hit best and less and bought some of their gym stuff. 3 razor back singlets, 3 pairs of 3/4 gym pants that incidentally cover my butt crack even in downward dog (lmao) and 4 new sports bras and 3 pairs of new socks. Cost me around the $80 mark all up and all is holding up really well and is really comfy.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post
    Cost me around the $80 mark all up and all is holding up really well and is really comfy.
    One sports bra alone costs me $80!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    I learnt this the hard way: downward dog pose with bottom towards mirror in cheap super tights.

I must be doing something wrong. I've had Target and BigW gym gear for ages and it's worn just fine. I do have a big gym stash, about 6 or 7 days worth without washing. Even in my BC days (before children) when I was a gym junkie and did 11 gym sessions a week plus walked to and from work every day (20 mins walk each way) my gym clothes wore fine. My favourite gym pants were a BigW special for about $10!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

wherewerewe91  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    One sports bra alone costs me $80!
    holy cr@p!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    plus I don't like their tacky slogans.
    I don't like the slogan ones either but LJ bring out a huge range without those. Some really nice ones with only the little LJ label on the side. My favs are the crop tops that have the gorgeous backs.....
    http://www.lornajane.com.au/c/clothi...page=0&size=12

Thanks
    Reviews

Michelle Bridges has started her own line now, pretty stylish and no branding. Big w is where u find them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

No lj slogan singlets here either!