+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

Lorna has L and XL and they're always comfy!
    Target quality is crap compared to LJ. It's all I wear and lasts for years. Be careful tho, I dropped $180 in 3 minutes last time I went! Uhoh..
    But like the other women say it may be better to wait to splash until you are at your goal and exercising regularly!
    Last edited by katatonic; 17-08-2012 at 14:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle bridges has a line at big w which is quite good, and not too expensive. She also does bigger sizes in most of it. I have found them really comfortable. If you are hoping to lose weight, then go with something cheaper than LJ IMO- as you will be losing sizes as you lose weight and don't need it to last years. Once you are at your goal weight, then splash out on it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (18-08-2012),wherewerewe91  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Lulu Lemon - awesome stuff - slightly more expensive but lasts ages - my leggings are 2 years old now and still look great (and I lived in them while pregnant).

Best bit is they are Canadian sizes so if you're an Aussie 12 you'll be a lulu 8-10 - kinda makes me feel good :-)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've found Target and BigW perfectly fine for gym clothes. The clothes might be really nice in Lorna Jane but I can't justify $60 for a singlet when I could get one for $5 in Big W. I also refuse to advertise a company's products for them until they pay me so I don't buy items with the brand name blazoned across the front. The only line of clothes like that that I thought I would wear was I think "Running Bare" who (I think it was them) put out a running top with the slogan "run like a girl" on it which I thought was brilliant.

ETA: I would also recommend saving money on the clothes and spending it o the shoes. A good pair of trainers will cost at least $150 and if you need tailored orthotics, well, you don't get much change from $1000 but they are worth every cent.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (16-07-2013),wherewerewe91  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    People have made a good point about losing weight so you may be better to buy the cheaper stuff until you lose the weight.

You can buy basic LJ singlet tops for under 20 bucks on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180777105...84.m1423.l2649
    that one is size 16.

I also like the racer backs. I find them comfy as I don't like t shirts when working out they get sweaty under the arm pits lol and annoy me.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I love running bare, Lorna Jane and I have heaps of Kmart/big w stuff too.

If you havnt exercised in a long time PLEASE don't WASTE $100 on LJ tights. You will loose ALOT of weight in the first few weeks and they won't fit anymore = waste of money.

When your weight starts to Plato or you reach your goal weight, then splurge on something that makes you feel sexy and motivated

No name tights are thin compared to name brands, they do loose their shape quickly and faid and go see through too.

I have 1 pair LJ, 1 pair RB, and 3 pairs of KMART. ALL my shirts are no name.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gym wear/clothing recommendations please...

Thanks guys! I should point out I'm only 60kg and not planning on losing much weight (ill get down to 58 with regular exercise). Was in Target and found some comfy $35 pants and a top... Both of which are comfy. I'll see how they go and when I've got cash to spare I'm thinking of running bare.... I like the look of their stuff :-) P. S I'm not using it at the gym... For running/walking :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    RunningBare still is gorgeous. I've found the sizing is quite small though. I buy 10's when I'm an 8...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't recommend Target or other cheapie brands, they do not last. Though PP's have a very good point re. if you are planning on losing weight.

I usually go into Rebel or Paul's warehouse etc and get top brands but on sale. My absolute favourite gym tights are Skins, they are superduper expensive in Australia but I bought them online from US for less than half the price.
    I do like the look and feel of Lorna Jane tights but they are all too big for me. And although the singlets and tops would fit me I can't justify spending $60 or so on one singlet from there, plus I don't like their tacky slogans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I wear my old Nike soccer shorts to the gym, 2 of the pairs are nearly 10 years old and you can't tell. I just wear t-shirts. No complaints here.