+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Clean eating did not come about from ashy bikini lady, it was around a long time before she marketed her version of it.
    Clean eating is removing processed/manufactured foods from your diet. Very simply eating real food, no processed sugar, no boxes, no additives. I see various takes on it including people who still live on packaged processed food because it has macro written on it, use low fat products full of thickeners and other toxic rubbish and protein powders. This to me is definitely not clean.
    It can be tough to get a grasp on as we have so many frankenfoods that we think are normal, but once you grasp the concept of whole, fresh, non processed food then it is very simple, challenging sometimes when we are surrounded by processed rubbish and misleading dietary information and advertising though..ie low fat products and processed vegetable oils are better for you.
    Leaning challenge is a good start point if you can find some information on that. Some good you tubes on it with Soren.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww...no oyster sauce or hoisin?

Do people also do clean eating with their little ones? I'm not sure how I'd feed my Ds without bought cheese and yoghurts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ideally you would have a mostly 'fresh food' diet. You should limit (or ideally cut out) all packaged and processed foods. If you are interested, I would suggest you move in this direction slowly as you become more familiar with it. Also, try to but organic wherever you can (or afford to).

I definitely wouldn't look to a personal trainer for nutritional advice, unless they are actually a dietician.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you have brown rice? And extra Virgin olive oil? I assume salt and pepper are no-nos. but what about other dried herbs? Or can you only have fresh herbs? And was it yes or no to yoghurt?

I think I could do it, not sure about the kids though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Can you have brown rice? And extra Virgin olive oil? I assume salt and pepper are no-nos. but what about other dried herbs? Or can you only have fresh herbs? And was it yes or no to yoghurt?

Some people who eat clean follow a paleo diet which does not have any grains, dairy etc but others that eat clean do eat brown rice and dairy.... IMO you need to work out what works for your body as no two people are the same. Salt & Pepper is fine, but I would recommend getting some good quality salt like a Celtic or Himalayan salt (which is full of minerals, hasn't been bleached and no anti caking agent like the stuff you get from the shops), dried herbs would be fine just check the ingredients list to make sure it is just the herbs and no extra additives it is just the herbs dried. In regards to dairy, some people thrive on dairy and others can't tolerate it, if you want to continue to eat dairy I would highly recommend spending the extra $$$ on organic (grass fed) dairy as you will get so many more nutritional benefits, no nasty additives and IMO it fills you up a lot more compared to conventional dairy. The biggest thing with yoghurt is making sure there are no additives, sugars etc and remember when you see the words fat free think chemical sh*t storm.... When they remove fat they usually add sugar and flavours. You could always buy organic greek yoghurt and flavour it yourself with vanilla (from the pods), stewed fruit, honey etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post

From my understanding - yes brown rice & quinoa. Yes olive oil. Yes dried herbs. Yes yoghurt - but only natural (I have chobani Nat Greek yoghurt).

Not sure on salt and pepper but I have Himalayan pink rock salt & cracked pepper

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought the Ashy Bines diet and a couple of other clean eating diets. Ashy Bines is pretty good and is maintainable as an every day diet if you follow the basic principles. My favourite is Sophie Guidolin though. A lot of research has gone into her diet and she has the body to prove it (after two kids). Sophie's is cheaper too. I follow the basic principles of Sophie's diet which is five meals a day and continue to stay slim and healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am grain free clean eating but that is because grains give me inflammation, so that is just for me. Clean is clean, I can see nothing wrong with brown or white rice, my choice would be brown for GI factor and Insulin balance as again that is important to me for metabolically of PCOS. Quinoa is not a grain so I do use that instead as it is yummy and can even do risotto.
    All the family eats this way as do dinner guests (never a complaint), we still have some dairy, again it is personal choice. However our dairy is never processed cheese spreads or restructured processed milks, just whole organic dairy. Our yogurt choice is no thickeners, no low fat rubbish, no processed sugars or fruit concentrates, just quality natural yogurts....just read the ingredients on EVERYTHING.
    i use butter, pure olive oil ( refined olive oil has vegetable oil added, again read EVERYTHING you would be shocked at some the things in some of our 'pure' foods), coconut oil, macadamia oil, grape seed oil, but no vegetable/seed/canola oils as they are chemical s$&t storms and our bodies cannot break them done without releasing toxic rubbish which cause all kinds of health issues.
    if you want a food, check if it has a les processed, more whole option, like brown instead of white rice etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I follow a paleo lifestyle but you'll find that most people cater this to their own health and well being needs. I've never felt better and highly recommend you looking into it. There is a lot of information in the Internet and you can access free ebooks as well. Let me know if you have any questions =)