+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls hoping I can jump in on your thread ? We will be starting stim cycle #7 in September.. Age is an issue for my eggs .. I'm 40 next week. We did PGD testing on our embryos last cycle and 5 came back abnormal and 2 were unable to be tested. FS wants to test another 10 embryos (hopefully we can get them over 2 more stims) and if none come back normal then thinks it will be donor eggs for us..... A lot to take in at the moment and feeling a bit over whelmed. I'm hoping I can draw some strength and inspiration from you lovely ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I am new to IVF - just in 2ww after first 3 day transfer. Taking filgrastim, clexane & progesterone...I have high NK Cells and am seeing dr NL at Monash ivf. Just wanted some advice on whether anyone else on Colorado type protocol took aspirin as well in 2ww? But also were you on dex or prednisolone? I hear that the latter doesn't cross the placenta so would be safer if pregnant... But that dex is better at reducing uterine NK cells... Would love to meet some people going through same thing as have such low expectation that this will work! We only had 5 eggs retrieved and though 4 fertilised, one was transferred at day 3 (being grade c 9 cell) the others aren't sounding too flash! We are hoping to bank some embryos and may go down surrogacy path if the Colorado protocol doesn't work & I want to maximise eggs!! I have an AMH of 8 though, so low egg reserve, but with normal FSH - and in my first cycle I had one follicle that grew much quicker than others- it was 18mm at day6 then 22mm the next day. This was on 225iu puregon... Do you think a higher dose would recruit more follies or just mean same thing happens again? Sorry so many questions as it is all new to me... Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have not been on in a long time

Good evening lovely ladies,
    I have not been on for so long!!

but wanted to come back as i seem to not be able to do it on my own.. Just had ANOTHER fet and the first time in all my 16 years of IVF i got my period at 11 dpo and i was on P4 shots ((

anyway just seen a few names still here

hoping to catch up on all the ivf news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, hoping with all your experience you can answer a question for me. On Monday. I had cycle #12, 10 eggs, 9 injected, 7 fert on day 3 told that all were good quality some more advanced than others. We chose to goto blast. Get there today and told ALL had stopped growing at day 3. Has anyone ever had all stop at exactly the same time. And 2nd question the lab tech then asked if I wanted a transfer anyone as they might grow better inside- but I though once growth has stopped that was it? Please share you experience/thougths. Grateful 4 all opinions. Hugs B

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Boysie... I have already posted this same reply on a different thread, but thought I'd post it here too, for the benefit of others too.

You poor thing, I'm so sorry. I am definitely in the 5dt camp - so many embies (not just mine) do great up to d3 and then arrest on d4. From everything I've read, it's d4 that the sperm start playing a part, so definitely look into everything sperm related. 5dt is what I will always do, as it definitely proves that it's an embie problem, rather than a uterus problem. The only benefit of not having anything to transfer, is that you don't have to suffer through the dreaded TWW, and you can start planning for the next better cycle.

And you're right - once the embies have arrested on d3, then they won't restart growing in your uterus. That's just crazy, and I can't believe that anyone would say that to you. I've never heard that ever before.

It is more usual for the embryologist/scientist to phone on the morning of the transfer if there is nothing to transfer - it allows you to cry at home. But then, my FS always phoned me straight afterwards too. I'm surprised if they hadn't looked at them before you got there, but definitely, your DH is correct, if you were already there, then your FS, perhaps together with the scientist should have told you. Are you saying you didn't get to see your FS there at all?

Without me reading back, what MFI issue does your DH have? Considering that you get a decent amount of eggs, and have done quite a few cycles now, perhaps you might consider something a bit more radical next time, depending if you and your DH are ready yet to move one - inject half your eggs with DH's sperm and the other half with donor sperm - grow both petri dishes out to d5 and see if the donor sperm set has more success? In hindsight, I wish we moved to donor sperm earlier than we did, but it was one of those things, that we needed to go through the journey step-by-step, and give everything a good chance to work. What will you plan to do next?

In your signature you mention that you've been told you have poor egg quality, however if you are getting decent eggs on EPU and then get decent embies to day 3, then it kind of points to something else. Mind you, I also note that you have had two BFPs that ended in mc, so obviously your embies can work and implant, but may also mean you should look into immune issues to prevent further mcs, as you wouldn't want another hard earned BFP to end that way. Seems that there's still lots of potential for you.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 24-08-2014 at 20:22.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boysie, I'm an old member but saw your post and just wanted to agree with what MGC Bertie said. We were also told that we had egg issues despite high DNA fragmentation and no evidence of egg issues. We had 17 cycles including a couple of IUIs, but the rest all fresh cycles. We've never had any good enough to freeze. I would get lots of eggs then around day 3 they would slow/stop. Occasionally we'd have a cycle where none even fertilised. Then I pushed for PICSI/HA ICSI and we had our best cycle ever including 4 blasts, 2 transferred and 1 of which is now our 2 year old daughter.
    Not saying this is the solution as I don't know what the sperm issues are but it might be worth talking to your embryologist and doing some research on this.
    All the best!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydos1979 For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so I hope it's ok to just drop in! I have just finished my 4th unsuccessful stimulated IVF cycle and am kinda at a loss as what do do next.

When I came across this thread I saw the wonderful support that you all provide to each other on this incredibly tough journey that is IVF and I thinks it's fantastic!

I have never had a + pregnancy test in my life. When I started the IVF road I never imagined it would be so difficult and that 3 years later I would still be with empty arms. That is how naive I was! But I had just turned 30 and had no known fertility issues, only seeking IVF due to being in a same sex relationship.

A little about me....

33 yrs old
    IVF #1 - 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 transferred at day 3 - BFN no frozen

IVF #2 - 7 eggs, 6 fertilised, 1 transferred at day 3 - BFN
    FET - 2 transferred at day 3 (but weren't continuing to divide on trsfr day- BFN

IVF #3 - 4 eggs, 1 fertilised and transferred at day 3 - BFN no frozen

IVF #4 - 5 eggs, 5 fertilised, 2 transferred at day 3 - BFN
    Auto-immune blood test revealed I had celiac disease which was confirmed by biopsy so I had 8 months off to go gluten free and try and let my body recover. Also had iron infusion as I found out I had anemia from celiac disease!!

FET cancelled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank You Bertie & Haydos for your replies.
    I had the opportunity to speak today with the Head Embryologist (FS is still away for a week). I asked her to be Frank and Honest (with no legal ramifications etc). Told her I did my first ISCI cycle in 2000 so 14years of crap was enough LOL

All bar 1 embryo did not develop any further when taken from the Day 0-3 medium to the Day3-6 medium. But they also did not change/Degenerate/Die. So i was offered the transfer purely because "in the bin they have a 0% change and in the Uterus they have a 1% chance". She said in the 25years she has been doing this anything is possible and she doesn't want to be the one who said don't give it a go. Fair Enough.

So for the benefit of EVERYONE on this thread is IF you have no growth but have had no degeneration you CAN transfer if you are up to the TWW emotional drain but the chance of success is a MAXIMUM of 1%.

She agreed with you Bertie Day 0-3 is Egg related in general day 3-6 is sperm related in general terms BUT not always and not in my case .
    Also their stats show that Day 2/3 transfers are move successful then Day5 transfer in recent times. But going out to Day 5 helps to give the FS & Lab more info to go on if your emotions can take losing them all.
    She had taken the Time to read through all of my file and all Lab reports for the 6 ICSI cycles i did with them. the 1st one was excellent - Jan 2011 of the 10 eggs there were 3 embies transferred 8 cell Grade a, 7 cell grade A and six cell Grade A. with hubbies sperm. We got a BFP, Normal measure at 6 weeks scan. Found out we had a missed m/C at 12 week scan - embie size was 6 weeks 5 days. So FS said maybe it had a chromo problem or maybe we had a progesterone issue (Sadly the public hospital stuffed up the D&C so we didn't get to test the Products of conception ). They had not done any further bloods since the first BFP so said the plan was to do the same as last protocol but now monitor HCG/Progesterone levels.
    Sept 2011The stats for this cycle showed slower growth in embies 3 were transfered 1 x 7cell Grade A, 2x 5 cell Grade B. BFN. Then we changed to donor ICSI and DEC2012 and this cycle was BAD! I also got really ill and ended up in hospital afterwards-Reason unknown. The best was a 5 cell grade B BFN. After that they added Saizen and we kept using doner sperm (All different) and the quality improved but the Best We have got is Either 8 or 7 cell grade B+
    She has seen this grade embie form a pregnancy on multiple occasions - so it should be okay. She strongly feels its not a sperm problem with me but an egg problem. She asked if i had a younger sister or someone willing to donate eggs or embryos as she would highly recommend it. I don't have this option so she said to make an appt with the FS and find out if there are anything else that i could do to improve my egg quality.

Gosh girls i wish i new what i did in 2012 to stuff my eggs up - or did age suddenly creep up??? I anted to do IUI with Donor Sperm in 2000/2001 but was told it was "unnecessary" that it was only a matter of time before i was pregnant with my husbands baby.

Advise for improving Egg Quality???? Currently taking Vit D 2000mg, CoQ10 600mg, Vit B Complex 3 tabs, Folate & Iodine, magnesium, Zinc, 1000mg Fish Oil. I cant take Elevit as I have Hemochromatosis so cant have anything with iron in it.
    Eat Healthy and exercise. BMI 22, 39 next month. Last cycle protocol was 10u lucrin, 750units Puregon, 1ml saizen.

All comments/feedback welcome. Apologies for the long hogging post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I have an appointment with Dr M on 30th September but it looks like from my records I have already been testing fro everything bar the NKcell Biopsy but going anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Boysie... well, you certainly now seem to have all the information that you can possibly get. I read through the whole lot, but don't have too much more to offer. I never could get my FS to prescribe it, but many "older" women take DHEA for egg quality issues. Apart from my sister (39 years old), there's no-one I could ask - I just can't ask anyone for their eggs, it's just not a done thing. My next step is going for DE in South Africa, so perhaps you may like to just look into that thread and get some ideas for the future. Glad you're having an appointment with Dr M - do go and join our Natural Killer thread as well, as there's lots of knowledgable ladies on there.