+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sara... yes 4dp6dt now, and nothing. I was so hoping (as I do each time), that this would be the cycle that I would feel something in the TWW, maybe a twinge would be great, but nothing. In fact I've been making my mind make up twinges, and now can make a twinge anywhere in my body just by thinking really hard - it's actually really quite funny, because I didn't think that it would be possible, to actually make a pain!!

You certainly sound like you and your FS have got a really good plan happening. I agree with most of those things, but I don't know anything about Filgrastim infusion, so can't help there. Also, if you are going to do an FET with your perfect embie, then I'm surprised about the Pregnyl boosters, as I've only used them on stim cycles and not FETs. Maybe others can weigh in there?

Does your clinic have a counsellor? I never thought the ones I saw were much help to me (I find the people here on bubhub better), but my DH and my sister (who donated her eggs) liked going to the counsellor, as they prompted all the right discussions.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 18-07-2014 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    @MGC Bertie, I never felt anything until 4 days past transfer. Then I got cramps just like AF and my temp stayed high. So FX this is a BFP for you.

Speaking of counsellors we still can't find anyone who will go through donor counselling with us. As we were planning to go to USA for donor embryos this September. Moansh simply refuse GRRR.

We did one very very last cycle, and threw everything we had at it. We also said, that no matter what, this is the end of our road. We were amazed to hear, yes pregnant and levels were normal. Had our 7 week scan on Thursday, all as they had expected. So after 9 stimms, 1 FET 2 failed thaws. We would ever get this far.
    Not getting ahead of ourselves though. Such a long way to go.

Yes my FS will do pregnal booster on FET. My old one would not as he said it can make some women ovulate.
    New FS said it keeps progesterone levels high and will maintain your lining.

Hello to everyone else lot of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... oh my, you give me such hope!!! What did you do different on this BFP, that you didn't do on your two other BFPs? Would you say it was all those other horrible operations and infections that kept getting in the way?

Looks like you won't need to worry about donor counselling after all. That's absolutely great news. And 7 weeks starts to sound like you can take some easier breaths :-))

Thanks for commenting about the pregnyl boosters. My FS said I didn't even need to use progesterone pessaries / crinone cream, as during a natural FET your body will produce what it needs, just like normal women who get pregnant. Well, I went home after he said that and thought "I'm definitely not a normal woman" - more than $120,000 on IVF (about half back through Medicare and PHI), 9 stim cycles plus an FET, more jabs than a diabetic, more lying to work and friends than serial killers do etc etc. No, nothing normal here!! So what do people think about self-medicating with progesterone pessaries / crinone cream (as I have extras left over from previous times) - maybe half dose, just to keep it topped up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bertie,

Normal women blah have not been one of them for years. Also if we were normal we not be doing this for the fun of it.If you have the progestrone I'd use it. It can't hurt, on FET I've used the pessaries.

I think the difference for this cycle was I waited two cycles from a early loss this year. As requested by my FS as this was my 3 rd loss.
    We added growth hormones, I did not bother with the accupunture. I also used to have laser hair removal 2 weeks before EPU. Along with a leg wax, but I got all that done 2 weeks earlier. So thought stuff it, razor does the same job. Don't know who I'm trying to look neat for.
    Also seeing a different DR who told me, that I was looking at the failures, I needed to see the positives. DH I said well its DE or have nothing, we got nothing so let's take it.
    Plus all the immune drugs too. And Valium and buscopan as well. Just to relax uterus and prevent cramps after transfer.

best wishes for your cycle Betie. I hope you wake up tonight with cramps, and your temp stays high.

Last edited by francesthecat; 18-07-2014 at 17:42. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... lol, I've always worried about the whole "being neat" thing, contorting myself into all positions to get those last stray hairs. I always had it in my mind that if there was a stray hair, then the precious egg (on EPU) or embie (on ET) would get stuck on it!! Positive I'm crazy!! Well, for this FET I just tidied up my legs (since it's winter) and didn't worry at all about being neat for the FS - being a professional, of course he didn't say anything and of course still managed the FET without a problem!! Lol, I won't be worrying about that any more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie
    just wanted to pop in to reply to you
    my last cycle that gave me my son was a stim and I was on crinone till the day before my c-sect.
    And after 22 cycles, I totally hear you on the $. It is all worth it in the end.
    Much love to all xox

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marzi

MGC normal is over rated. funny about the tidy up. I think I have just gotten lazy from all those years ago when I used to wax now it's just meh! A quick tidy up. You would hope the FS is professional enough not to care. Lol
    Last edited by Loveabug; 22-07-2014 at 19:45.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM... that's another one... unfortunately the HPT says BFN. Today is 10dp6dt. AF is due today, just tiniest colour so far. Will wait until she's here properly before phoning clinic and make new appointments. Phoned and made a new appointment with Dr M (shaking head, really wondering why). Keep hoping that my sister's donor eggs will do the trick, but that's two used, two to go. Looking like it's nothing to do with the eggs and all to do with me. Strangely though there's no explanation - uterus perfect, lining perfect etc. It's hard just to blame it on percentages - would like a more definite reason than that, but I know there isn't going to be one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, so sorry to read your update. Sending you the biggest hugs xxx
    You have amazing strength, courage and determination!!
    Big Big hugs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, unfortunately AF did arrive today, so all but confirmed BFN. Made an appointment to see FS and amazingly got an appointment in 10 days time (a record!!). Also went this evening and saw Dr M - the things he's changed for next FET - increase Clexane to 60 per day (I did a couple of cycles at 20, then a couple of cycles at 40, now he says to do 60 - sigh, why wasn't I just given 60 in the first place?!!) and like this cycle start Clexane a week before ET, don't worry with aspirin as the increased Clexane will cover that, have 400 progesterone pessaries for the FET even though FS says it's not needed (I did self medicate with 90 crinone this cycle as I still had some of that left over from a previous cycle), and do the IVIG 7 days before ET, as this time I did it just 2 days before ET. I queried about only having intrallipids/IVIG only on Saturdays, as this doesn't always fit in 7 days before a transfer, and he indicated that he does sometimes do it on other days. I got the feeling that he's realising that this timing is important, and maybe if everyone pushes this with their Dr M consultations, that he may offer this twice a week to cater for our ETs. I think this will be a big step, but an important one. He wouldn't do dex, primarily because IVFA only tested for three of the NKCs, and though my 56+ is high, they didn't test 57+ and apparently the ratio between those two are important. So, I will be asking for IVFA to now re-do the NKC and include 57+ in it. So, if you are with IVFA, ask for a day 21 NKC biopsy which includes both 56+ and 57+.