+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Had some more crap news I went and got another review from dr Wazza.
    He did not have a lot of faith that we could ever get over the line ever! It will just be more early losses due to DH motility issues.
    So the magical Donor eggs is not enough, to get us a baby. So the recommendation is donor embryos.

Its another bitter pill to swallow, DH is fine with it. He said well it's now our only chance to be a family. So we have to just suck it up.

So are now looking at a clinic in USA. At least there is still another option. Our motto is now " we"ll make it to the moon if we have to crawl". Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Ho hum yay for Friday

2. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat.... very sorry to hear that. It's certainly not what anyone wants to hear, but we have been in the exact same position. I was so hopeful that donor sperm was going to be the magic trick for us, but cycle after failed cycle it was not to be. Then we finally used donor eggs, as well as donor sperm, and that didn't work either. We will try a few more times with that combination, and then plan to go to SA for young donor eggs and see if that works. My DH sounds similar to yours - he's so optimistic about just getting a baby any which way and having our family (though he still won't let me steal one!!). I'm only very gradually crying less - I take that as a sign that I must be coming to terms with it, but it's been such a long time and I know I probably won't ever really get over it. Good luck with looking into the USA - I'll be interested in listening to your journey xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Francesthecat.... very sorry to hear that. It's certainly not what anyone wants to hear, but we have been in the exact same position. I was so hopeful that donor sperm was going to be the magic trick for us, but cycle after failed cycle it was not to be. Then we finally used donor eggs, as well as donor sperm, and that didn't work either. We will try a few more times with that combination, and then plan to go to SA for young donor eggs and see if that works. My DH sounds similar to yours - he's so optimistic about just getting a baby any which way and having our family (though he still won't let me steal one!!). I'm only very gradually crying less - I take that as a sign that I must be coming to terms with it, but it's been such a long time and I know I probably won't ever really get over it. Good luck with looking into the USA - I'll be interested in listening to your journey xx

Thank You, Bertie.

When we started this so long ago, you think well thats the safety net if something is wrong. As time goes by, its just another crash, through each net. Then you are left with no safety net. Nothing to show for all the pain, cost and constant heart ache.

I just wonder now how Im going to go without the rush of IVF, the dizzying highs the crushing lows. Now that this time is my last go, its like saying good bye to a terrible friend. Who was fun to be around, but not good for you at all.

One day at a time. Were not done yet!!

Good luck with your snow babies..

And thank you again xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-06-2014),Butterfly39  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances- your right that is a hard pill to swallow. I will be interested to see how it all goes with the USA clinics. I have been thinking the same thing.

I know one thing for sure. It's hard to give up a put a closed lid on this crap. I would love to erase it from my mind. The pain mostly. The constant disappointment, yet you still have to function in every day life. That is what I struggle the most with.

Last Saturday when I lost all of my embryos I texted my girlfriend whom I an bridesmaid for in august who I met through IVF years ago and rather than replying back with some support. She replied back that she was pregnant naturally. Not really sure how to respond to that one. Needless to say I haven't spoken to her since.

Hang in there hun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4Kylee... oh, you poor thing. I would so expect other IVF people to be more sensitive and say the right things at the right time. And I'm afraid it's one thing that I've never been able to rationalise - how can IVF women fall naturally? Were they just not doing it at the right time before? I just don't get that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Thank You, Bertie.

When we started this so long ago, you think well thats the safety net if something is wrong. As time goes by, its just another crash, through each net. Then you are left with no safety net. Nothing to show for all the pain, cost and constant heart ache.

I just wonder now how Im going to go without the rush of IVF, the dizzying highs the crushing lows. Now that this time is my last go, its like saying good bye to a terrible friend. Who was fun to be around, but not good for you at all.

One day at a time. Were not done yet!!

Good luck with your snow babies..

And thank you again xx

Wow what an amazing quote. You're a strong lady, Francisthecat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs4kylee View Post
    Frances- your right that is a hard pill to swallow. I will be interested to see how it all goes with the USA clinics. I have been thinking the same thing.

I know one thing for sure. It's hard to give up a put a closed lid on this crap. I would love to erase it from my mind. The pain mostly. The constant disappointment, yet you still have to function in every day life. That is what I struggle the most with.

Last Saturday when I lost all of my embryos I texted my girlfriend whom I an bridesmaid for in august who I met through IVF years ago and rather than replying back with some support. She replied back that she was pregnant naturally. Not really sure how to respond to that one. Needless to say I haven't spoken to her since.

Hang in there hun.

thank you Bubs4kylee

Wow I'm still gobsmacked at that friend of yours. (Shakes head)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubsforkylee how awful. I am guessing she is an ex friend now. Some people just have no idea. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bubs4Kylee... oh, you poor thing. I would so expect other IVF people to be more sensitive and say the right things at the right time. And I'm afraid it's one thing that I've never been able to rationalise - how can IVF women fall naturally? Were they just not doing it at the right time before? I just don't get that.
    MGC - She has a new partner. The problem was him not her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    @bubsforkylee how awful. I am guessing she is an ex friend now. Some people just have no idea. x
    Sharlee - I haven't contacted her yet. Her friendship means a lot to me but I just don't want to face it at the moment.