+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubs4Kylee.... thanks about the thyroid info. That's exactly what I thought was going on, though interesting my FS has only looked at it this cycle, and no-one ever looked at it on any of my previous 8 cycles :-(( My FS has upped my Thyroxine to 200 day (normally I take 100, he upped it two weeks ago to 150, and now this week to 200 when it hadn't changed). I hope that will bring it down, and wondering if I should go for another BT to see, but am thinking it may be too late now to drastically affect anything, so I'm just not going to worry. I can't claim the great fert rates - the 8 cycles with my own eggs were not good. This cycle was with my sister's donated eggs :-)) And were fertilised by anonymous donor sperm :-))

Marzi... can I give you some of my weight? My problem is that I just love food and eating way too much!! Sharlee... I really suggest that you at least get your ANA levels tested (simple blood test, your GP might even do it), as this would give some information if you have an immune issue.

AFM.... we transferred one expanded blastocyst this morning :-)) Prof I was happy with that, and so are we! In the end, day 5 results were 2 x expanded blasts (one which we transferred, the other frozen), 2 x morulas (both frozen), 3 x 8-12 cells (that they'll keep until day 6 and see if they progress enough for freezing), and the runt that turned into a morula, but was graded C so unsuitable for freezing. So at the moment we have 3 embies frozen, which is amazing, since we've never had any ever before. Now just settle in, keep myself busy and wait out for BT on 26 May :-)) Thanks everyone again for all your lovely wishes.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 14-05-2014 at 14:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Sharlee... I really suggest that you at least get your ANA levels tested (simple blood test, your GP might even do it), as this would give some information if you have an immune issue.

AFM.... we transferred one expanded blastocyst this morning :-)) Prof I was happy with that, and so are we! In the end, day 5 results were 2 x expanded blasts (one which we transferred, the other frozen), 2 x morulas (both frozen), 3 x 8-12 cells (that they'll keep until day 6 and see if they progress enough for freezing), and the runt that turned into a morula, but was graded C so unsuitable for freezing. So at the moment we have 3 embies frozen, which is amazing, since we've never had any ever before. Now just settle in, keep myself busy and wait out for BT on 26 May :-)) Thanks everyone again for all your lovely wishes.

Thank you and I will get it done.

Best of luck with your TWW. Hoping, praying and crossing everything here for you here

Did you test for NK cells and are you on the treatment for them? I did a treatment for bondi protocol on a whim here last year with my old FS but still got a BFN. I took prednistone and clexane..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee... for two of the most common immune issues (high NKCs and high ANAs) the most commone treatment is four things - aspirin, prednisolone, clexane and Intrallipid infusions - so you did try two of those four things, but from what I understand is that Intrallipid infusions (or the much more expensive version IVIG infusions) seem to be the winning formula (though I've done the Intrallipids twice with my own eggs, and still got BFNs, so hoping now with donor eggs it will work).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC what is ANA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug.... ANA is Anti-Nuclear Antibodies - things that attack DNA, acts against anitbodies that are trying to fight off baddies :-)) Very simple terms how I remember it - best to google it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mgc I googled it. I think it's time to ask more questions

Waiting desperately for no.2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry everyone.
    I wanted to add thanks for your support

Waiting desperately for no.2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (14-05-2014)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC: just changed the signature (will have to change my age again next month), I only usually get on here via the apps, so never see my signature Fantastic results!!! Woo hoo they are awesome!!! Bring on that BFP! And yes they are your sisters eggs but they are your heart and soul!!
    I've had my thyroid checked many times but was always told I was in normal range.

Bubs: how are you going? How's the stims? Any scans or BTs yet?

Hi Sharlee and welcome I'm doing the NK Colorado protocol. I've done it slightly differently and started the protocol after becoming pregnant, so I'm on dexamethasone (steroids), aspirin, clexane, estrogen patches, progesterone and intrallipids. I had one intrallpid drip when we got the positive and when (thinking positively) we see the heartbeat, I'll have another dose of intrallpid. We previously have done the protocol twice with no result.

Loveabug thinking of you, and I agree time to ask questions x

ATM: I'm 5+2, went a bit loopy today, woke with a migraine and feeling like it was all over, as the past m/c's have been playing on my mind, just need to see the heart beat and get past 9wks (PB)- first two milestones. It's such a mind f$&k this whole process!! I had a BT with gp yesterday but won't get results till tomorrow, and I'm having another BT with clinic tomorrow, so then I'll be able to compare results (I know crazy what we put ourselves through). Aggghhh I have to try and keep my mind quiet!
    Last edited by Zakmick; 14-05-2014 at 22:52.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

bubs4kylee  (15-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-05-2014),Sharlee32  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, wondering if I can join in this thread? now consider myself a long-term IVF warrior after just completing our 8th cycle with no success.

We've tried PGC, treating with prednisoline & clexane, swapping progesterone suppositories everything. Supposedly, there is nothing wrong with me. Yet, with the last cycle, we transferred 2 genetically perfect embryos but didn't even made it to 3dp5dt before I started bleeding with ridiculously low progesterone levels and this was after I bled at 2dp with a stupid UTI - WTF!? how unlucky...

We are booked in to seek a second/third/fourth opinion and hoping to find some answers. If any of you have good suggestions for new FS in Melbourne - I am all ears!! Ready to perhaps find a doctor willing to test progesterone throughout the 2ww and retest my thyroid as i'm 'within normal range' but right on the extremes of normal!
    Last edited by saraTTC; 15-05-2014 at 18:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

When I saw this thread, I've been in this IVF ride for 2 years now. And not much to show for the constant heart break, the your pregnant BUT and OMG I don't want to even dare think of the $$$.

I recognise some familiar names from the previous month threads.

I also have not bothered changing my sig either, what's the point. I even tried to change to an interstate clinic I was to embarrassed to go back to the same clinic. After the last round of complications, my old FS said another EPU would kill me (nice ) glad not his paitent anymore.

When I think about my next and last cycle, my breath catches and the tears start.
    In 2011 I had extreme and I mean life threatening complications from a simple lap. I nearly died from this, I had not started our IVF journey were just waiting for a natural miracle. In my last counselling session, said I now wish I died back then. I would have died happy. Spared us the pain, of ruining our lives and not known this living hell that is my life now.
    What annoys me the most, is I used to happy. I had all that I wanted, I would have died a happy girl.

Sorry for the downer, it just sneaks up on you sometimes.

I can't wait to read some great positive news..