+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mgc that's is a great amount. Here's hoping for a high fertilization rate. It's a hard bloody road that's for sure. I look at friends babies that have been born after I started trying and wonder what it would be like to have a toddler now.
    Love a bug. Meds never affected me. Emotionally I'm a complete mess and have been for 5 yrs now. I'm also struggling as I turn 40 later in the yr and that is going to be a big kick in the guts.
    Anyhow I'm glad to go again.

Stay strong everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MGC that is fantastic results. You have one beautiful sister. FX for a wonderful fert rate.
    Bubs4kylee I'm sorry you have to come back. Age is hard on us IVFers. When I look back at how many times I've gone back I kind think it would have been great to just do a heap of stim cycles when I was 26. And have all those young eggs to work with and DH's sperm would be young. The days also when IVF was half the price and you got most of it back on Medicare and PHI. Lol.

Well I am out for another cycle. I am totally heart broken again. We have 1 perfect embie on ice.
    Last edited by Loveabug; 10-05-2014 at 10:09.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug I'm so sorry. I know how you feel and I know words will change nothing. I had counseling in the end and I don't think it changed anything for me. Are you going again or having a break? I know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4Kylee.... yes, I think about that from time to time... what it would be like as we would have a toddler and be pregnant with the second one now. DH's positive spin on it is that we would be quite poor as I wouldn't have been working for the past two years, but when I do the sums, I'm not sure finanacially we're much further infront!! Loveabug.... very sorry to hear about your BFN. You certainly are trying very hard to have your second baby. I notice in your signature that you've had a number of chems and MCs. Have they said any reasons for them, e.g. high NKCs or high ANA levels? AFM.....fertilisation overnight was 8 out of the 9 mature eggs!!! We are all so over-the-moon about such great numbers. We've never had numbers like this with my eggs, in fact we didn't get much more than that over 8 full stim cycles! I'm feeling rather excited about it all now. Of course a little worried that my body is going to let it all down, and so hope that the intrallipids and other meds for NKCs work their magic this time. Anyhow, there's nothing more I can do, so just have to wait it out. We'll find out on Mon (day 3) what the embryos are doing, and then look for transfer on Wed (day 5). Thanks everyone for thinking about me and all your good wishes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC that is a fantastic fertilisation rate!! Woo hoo!! Go you little embies! I have been doing the Colorado protocol with the intrallipids since I found out I was pg.

Loveabug I'm so sorry honey, this whole process just suxs!

Bubs thanks for the congratulations, I'm a little stunned that it worked as I had lined up 3 FS apts interstate as we had decided next stim that we were doing genetic testing. As it cheaper going interstate than stimming in Melbourne. So we had zip, zilch, no expectations at all for this cycle...and to say we were stunned is an understatement. Last time I was pregnant was two years ago, so we had been questioning whether I could get pregnant anymore ( we had even been chatting about surrogacy), so if anything that comes out of this, the positive is my body still knows what to do. We are very excited but not planning too far ahead, due to my history, taking each day as it comes, but lots of warm fuzzy feelings. I also turn 40 in June, so that number has been ticking over in my head too.
    Good luck with the injections!! If you get a positive ill jump in the DIG with you!!

Big hugs and lots of strength being sent to each of you..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still following

Thinking of you all today. Sending oodles of and my sincerest hopes next year will see you all holding (or baking) your much longed for bubba's.

Loveabug, special to you xx
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 11-05-2014 at 10:53.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-05-2014),Zakmick  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick... hehe, you'll have to change your signature.... it's says you're still 38 :-)) How far are you along? AFM..... we had more great news today - it's really quite unbelievable and I keep having to shake my head - day 3 embryo results - 7 x 8A (absolutely perfect) and 1 x 7B (a bit behind, but crazily we would have used this one on any of our previous 8 cycles, and this time this one won't even get a look in!!). They did assisted hatching today in preparation for transfer on Wednesday (which probably was needed for my old eggs, but probably not actually necessary on these eggs, but done now). We're hedging towards transferring just 1 embryo - I like the idea of twins, but personally don't like the risk factors, premie births and difficulty carrying them when I'm not super fit, plus thyroid issues. On a side note my FS also rang to say that even though he's increased my dose of Thyroxine, my TSH still hasn't gone below 4 (which is only just a tad higher than normal range). He's never worried about it before in my previous cycles with him, but I've read recently that now some FSs like TSH to be below 2. So he's increased the dosage again. Has anyone heard anything about Thyroid levels and implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mgc.
    Re: thyroid. My FS has me on thyroid tablets as levels were around 6-7 and she believes that they need to be around 2 for implantation. I'm now between 2-3 which is great apparently. Also your fert rate is amazing. I have never had those results. It's all looking promising.
    Zakmick. How you holding up hun? How's your hcg tracking? What day you up too?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my thyroid checked too but was never put on drugs for it as it was determined not to be the problem, sorry cant help you there.
    Your embies sound great!
    I was concerned for my weight too, but for the opposite reason. I seriously can not put on weight :-/ I had two transferred last time and one is my now 21 month old son. I was worried about the double transfer as it was always told to me that if I had multiple, I would probably require selective disposal.... Not an easy thing to write that for me either. Naturally I feared for my preg that had two heartbeats, the result of one emby splitting to create identical twins. But I miscarried both. At the time of my misscarriage, I thought, I may cope if one died naturally and the other survived but alas... Double transfers are a huge gamble, but it paid off for me. No idea what my plan will be for #2.
    All the best to you, not an easy decision. Let us know how your et goes

loveabug, so sorry to hear of your BFN. It truly sux. I hope your frosty is the one for you. Don't give up hope, stay strong xx
    Have you thought of getting an MRI scan? It is what lead to me getting a lap and surgery. Also, I wish I had looked at the sign of all the FS names and picked the top name years earlier. But am greatfull now I didn't....after all, I wouldn't have THIS baby if any of the others had made it.. It may make me a masochist but he was worth all the previous heartache. And I'd do it again to get him.
    much love xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Would you all mind if I join this thread. I don't really like to go on the other IVF threads much anymore as I feel completely left behind. I am up to stim #3 and have also done 2 frozen cycles as well. We had a chemical for the first one then BFN's for the rest. I am in Nth QLD but we now travel to Sydney for treatment. I have doen one stim in Sydney we didn't get any frosties so we are headng back again soon. I asked my FS about the NK cell testing but he doesn't believe in it, he says that it is much more about finding the right embryo. I know I have to have faith in him but a huge part of me is scared as the DH and I can only afford tow more cycles so I really hope he lives up to his word and gets us that right embryo. He also doesn't believe in a double transfer which this time I am insiting on as I feel I need to do more.

I have read a few of the posts but will read back some more and catch up. I do recognise a few names on here from monthly threads from last year ...