+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Annette, that's really good information for my potential future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it's a heartbreaking thing to experience.
    My progesterone is avg I think it was 28 16dpo & 29 20 dpo so not off the chart so hopefully just a strong staying single!!

Net to be honest multiple is not my first preference as our twins were born preterm at just over 5 months due to "possible incompetent cervix" which has since been permanently sutured shut with a TAC and will have a secondary lower suture put in at 13 wks with this pregnancy regardless of numbers in there so I'm just wary and scared of that outcome repeating. We would be blessed to be having them again and would approach it differently this time round - either way just to have a full term or close too is all we wish for x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update from Vetttc

Hi Ladies,
    Just thought I'd check in and give an update. I just had a 2 day embryo transferred today. IVF no 7 failed - we had 3 beautiful embryos at day 3 and then they all stopped developing and there was nothing to transfer at day 5. It was devastating.
    This cycle (no 8) we tried something different: low dose of FSH 175 units, and synarel for the trigger instead of Pregnyl. The aim was to see if we get better egg quality in a more natural environment. Unfortunately the risk of this was that I may produce lower egg numbers which is what happened. I had about 5 follicles of good size but there were only 2 eggs! We used PICSI to select sperm, and then ICSI, but only one out of the 2 fertilised. Today that embie was at 3 cells, in the process of dividing into 4 cells. We were planning a 2 day transfer anyway as our embies never do well when we grow them to blast, and after 6 day 5 transfers we decided to change what we were doing. Seeing as we only had one to put back this cycle it was a no brainer today anyway - if there's only one then it's better off back in the uterus than in the dish.
    So for my little 2 day embie ladies - after 8 fresh cycles I am due for some good luck! Preg test is 16th May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keeping Everything crossed Vettc- this has got to be the one you've had enough heartbreak now. Onwards & outwards xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vettc - I so hope this is your cycle will be sending positive vibes for the 16th.

Net - It's good to hear ED is possible in Aust. Can I add though that OS ED is a lot quicker and easier which is its appeal I guess. No waiting to find a donor, no counselling sessions etc. But either way lots of options ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck vetttc
    Everyone else going ok?

Fellow warriors can you share any tips on getting through the waiting and the fear about going again and facing another failure? Not coping well atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thank you for your words of encouragement.
    SelM22,
    Re getting through waiting and worrying about how you will pick yourself up to go again if each cycle doesn't work:
    I don't think there is any right answer, everyone gets through it in their own way. I personally get through in the following ways:
    1) regular sessions with a wonderful
    Counsellor
    2) high dose of antidepressants (Zoloft 200mgs a day)
    3) I remind myself that I want to have a child, that I am going through these hard times to achieve that result
    4)I am not ready to accept life without children and would rather keep trying everything I can so that I have no regrets
    5) I stay open to alternatives like egg donation but allow myself to keep trying with my own eggs until I have no more energy left for doing it with mine.
    6) I try to keep up my hobbies when I can
    7) I have reduced my working hours to help me keep up my energy levels
    8) I practise meditation when I can
    9) I allow myself time to grieve and be depressed and if that means 3 days lying on the couch with my dogs watching trashy DVDs then I do it. I know I will return to my usual activities when I am ready.
    10) I remind myself that I am doing this by choice and I can stop at any time.
    11) I take one day at a time and get through it as best I can. Some days I cope really well and other days I am very dysfunctional and emotional - I try not to beat myself up about having dysfunctional days but accept them as part of the process and survive as best I can.
    12) I try to remember how to have fun when I can!
    Not sure if that helps that's just the way I have coped for the last 8 cycles...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetttc For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (04-05-2013),SelM22  (06-05-2013),Starf1sh  (04-05-2013),SummerShine  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vetttc Really hope this is your golden egg!
    Great list btw!

SelM22, I agree with much that Vetttc has said about surviving a long IVF battle, especially that everyone finds their own way within their own resources and letting yourself (in fact expecting) to have really hard days. I also saw a counsellor on and off over the years.

The other things that worked for me was having a couple of close friends that I didn't have my censor myself with, having the support of a regular thread on BH and having small breaks from IVF with my DH to reconnect, enjoy our relationship and remember the importance of keeping that foundation solid. For me also it was research, research, research and knowing what the next options were if my current plan didn't yield results.

The height of my distress was 12-18 months ago when after 8 cycles with my own eggs and 6 pregnancy losses I had accepted donor eggs was my best chance to be a mum and then on top of that I finally got the Asherman's diagnosis. I really thought it was all over for us and I didn't know if I would even be able to carry a child. It sounds a bit trite but one of the things we did at the time was to get a kitten (which we had been putting off as there was never a good time). This little guy really gave DH and I something positive to focus our energy and attention on, particularly while I went through a number of surgeries to try and restore my damaged uterus.

Sending you and all the warriors lots of and encouragement. Everyone has their own limit and ideas around what they could accept but I truly do believe that perseverance usually wins out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a great list vetttc, thanks for that. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maca and Vetttc everything crossed for you.
    Love your list Vettc. Glad to see I'm not the only one who apparently has occasional melt-downs and becomes dysfunctional. I often remember things and cringe!
    Summershine just want people to be aware that there's options here in OZ. It is just not very well known. Everything with OS fertility options is quicker. Not counting the travel expenses it is very price comparative if not cheaper too (except for the US). The anonymity thing is a bummer though. It looks like I may be going to Thailand myself. I am waiting on the paperwork and won't feel it is real until all that is signed off on. I would have loved to do this in Australia with known donors but will not give up a god-given chance and a very generous offer.
    Last edited by Net3811; 05-05-2013 at 10:45.