+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Maca,
    I am also not familiar with the term KDC however I was the recipient of donor eggs from my sister and am now 24wks pregnant after a very long IVF journey.

There is a forum on using donor eggs in the fertility assistance section here on Bubhub and I am also aware there are a few of us around on the IVF threads who have had wonderful sisters as donors.

If you have specific questions or just want to share your story I recommend starting your own thread. I would definitely pop in to support you in your journey from here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you starfish xx it's very exciting now that it's happening - still scary, the hurdles are still there just different ones!
    KDC is what our chart's been tags as, known donor cycle. We are hoping to be able to use my hubbies sperm but at this stage have been "advised" to try half half with my brother in laws as well as hubby has 25% DNA fragmentation which may have been a contributing factor/ but egg donor was really pushed as the first step. At least we may have a better idea when we see the fert rates. It's never a definitive answer though, nothing ever is but based on her age and decent AMH compared to my ever dwindling 2 I'm hoping for good retrieval numbers that can allow us to try both options maybe get over the line? It's funny how the goal posts move with each new cycle/ doctor/clinic. I just hope she handles the shots and the whole process ok and that she's has safe numbers - the rest is a bonus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maca, I just came across your post so sorry if this doesn't apply. We did about 17 cycles including 3 IUI cycles but the rest were all full EPU cycles. We normally got a big number of eggs but poor fertilization even with ICSI. Then by the time of the 5 day transfer we would very rarely have anything to transfer and if we did it would be a Morula or Early Blast at best.
    We were told it was a egg issue despite my DHs high DNA Frag issues. We continued cycle after cycle until I heard about PICSI/HA-ICSI. I was told by FS that it wouldn't make a difference so I called the head of Embryology who would said it sounded ideal for us. I pushed for it and we had most eggs fertilise and then quite a few great blasts, one of which became my daughter.
    I was then astonishingly told by FS that it was a coincidence and not the PICSI. After 17 cycles and the head of Embryologist's words I'm certain this wasn't a coincidence. Not saying this would work for every DNA Frag issue but our next step was supposed to be an egg doner cycle despite the DNA Frag issue.
    Not sure if this applies to you but I know my FS at 2 clinics practically ignored it as an option and I feel it is what worked for us.
    All the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you haydos1979 - you guys rock! We will be definitely pushing for picsi on this cycle. Our results pretty much mirror yours although I'd usually only pull an avg of 6 usable eggs but by day 5 we'd be lucky to have one or two that had progressed- all fingers pointed toward eggs/ my low AMH and while I'm ready and reconciled on using donor eggs I still worry that it's a sperm issue. Picsi will be at the top of my list! Fingers crossed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you haydos1979 - you guys rock! We will be definitely pushing for picsi on this cycle. Our results pretty much mirror yours although I'd usually only pull an avg of 6 usable eggs but by day 4 we'd be lucky to have one or two that had progressed- all fingers pointed toward eggs/ my low AMH and while I'm ready and reconciled on using donor eggs I still worry that it's a sperm issue. Picsi will be at the top of my list! Fingers crossed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry- double phone post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maca, we also had the 'double whammy' of egg and sperm concerns and like Haydos finally talked our FS into using a much more sophisticated sperm selection technique (Digital High Magnification) on our last successful cycle (with sis' eggs in our case). The combination resulted in 3 A grade blasties and a BB and one of those A grades is now kicking me as I type

It's tricky ground when to know for sure there is an egg quality issue as many FS do primarily look at eggs (due to their greater likelihood of being implicated in chromosomal problems) and place less emphasis on sperm quality.

In our case my eggs were showing higher levels of spindles being absent, testing of some of the pregnancies we'd lost and a PGD cycle also showed chromosomal abnormalities and DH's DNA frag improved over time with boring but healthy living. So in the end using the eggs of my sister who has 2 healthy kids wasn't a bridge so far for us and I don't think we'd be parents without her generous gift.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 26-03-2013 at 06:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any update Maca?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are down in brissy/ sunny coast now, Wazza ran long on egg pick up to Wednesday but its liking good 13-16 possibles my sis is being such a trooper & taking it all in her stride god luv a !
    Spoke with Jackie the scientist at our scans & no ha picsi in Brisbane but she has booked us on for Picsi again... On the up side Wazza has arranged for us to meet with her after egg pick up / hubby's deposit's been made so we can discuss quality of his sample number of viable eggs and look at all our options as far as how many, and if, we allocate any eggs to BIL donor sperm as well so that's a plus, we are not totally flying blind pulling numbers out of the air!

Keep you posted x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Maca, QFG definitely have PICSI as that is where I had it. It was also outlined in their newsletter in Dec 2011. I was under the impression that HA-ICSI and PICSI were the same thing, have you been told different?