Closed Thread
Page 79 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aliboo, can I pick your brain a little? I'm also with Hollywood, have an appt with the nurses on sunday to discuss the FET cycle. I only have 2 frosties how do they defrost them? one at a time or together? I'm so worried they won't survive and will have to go through egg pickup again. Are you on any medications? I'm not sure whether to expect to be on meds or not with a FET. Are you still able to try naturally at the same time? Are the frequence of bloods and scans similar to a stim cycle?
    Goodluck with your FET cycle as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Welcome back 4furbabies, good to hear you are doing well and back on track :-)

Aliboo, hope your levels will rise up nicely and you will be able to start your cycle, this is my first ivf attempt so I can't help you but I understand your frustration.. Fingers crossed xx

AFM I have egg collection on Friday morning, my last scan on tuesday showed 16 follicles.They were few at 10-11.. 8 at 13-14-15,
    5 at 16-17-18 ... E2 level yesterday was 5500... Trigger was yesterday too. Not sure what to think but the RE was happy so I will just follow and stay positive..
    Trigger injection ovidrel wasn't that bad, it's Thursday morning and I feel fine. I nervous about the procedure tomorrow, ;(

Good luck to all of you xxxx

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello 4furbabies, sorry for butting in on your post but I'm with Hollywood too and thought I could lend a hand. They will usually only defrost one at a time but they will defrost and transfer two if you ask, we did last time and I did a HPT this morning and got a BFP, now just waiting to see if there is one or two in there. The success rate for defrosting is about 95% so you should be fine. It's good to try naturally for a couple of days before ET as it stimulates the uterus to receive the embryo, they tell you to do that. They will probably put you on Crinone depending on your levels and maybe a couple of ovidrel shots. Try eating pineapple core for 5 days before ET too, just the core, it worked for me and lots of others. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4furbabies with a FET at Hollywood you will probably be on HRT FET which is progynova and progesterone pessaries.
    Good luck with your appointment on Sunday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4furbabies View Post
    Hi Aliboo, can I pick your brain a little? I'm also with Hollywood, have an appt with the nurses on sunday to discuss the FET cycle. I only have 2 frosties how do they defrost them? one at a time or together? I'm so worried they won't survive and will have to go through egg pickup again. Are you on any medications? I'm not sure whether to expect to be on meds or not with a FET. Are you still able to try naturally at the same time? Are the frequence of bloods and scans similar to a stim cycle?
    Goodluck with your FET cycle as well
    Thanks 4furbabies!
    S here is what Ive been told for my protocol.....
    From what Ive heard, they will initially defrost the best graded one, if i looks good after thaw thats what they use.
    If it doesnt look good they move onto the next best graded one and so on.
    They mainly do the thawing in the mornings and the transfers in the arvo.
    Fingers crossed for you one of yours will be OK. Im sure they will, the success rates are very high. Also they may tell you about the new technology/liquid they use at thaw time as it has increased success rates by 26%. It was recently on the news etc. Its supposed to be the closest to it being in utero or something. Hollywood are definitely using it so ask them about it!

Im on Puregon 25iu . Only very low just to stimulate hormones and Endo lining etc.
    Then I will trigger with Pregnyl 5000, and then support injections of Pregnyl 1500 x4. Progesterone suppositories to start somewhere around now too.
    You have to abstain from intercourse over a certain period of time to avoid multiples from the FET and the Trigger released own egg etc.
    I had BT at day2 to check levels were baseline, then another around day 8 , then a scan after that sometime. Im thinking Maybe 1 more blood test after that to confirm if ready for transfer etc???

Hope this helps.
    Best of luck for Sunday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aneczka - Good luck with collection tomorrow - looking good so far!
    Cookie - thats great news on yur BFP Congrats. Hope your levels rise very nicely. When is your BT??
    I hadnt heard that its good to have IC couple days before to stimulate uterus. They only mentioned about abstaining etc to prevent multiples etc, so I will have to ask about this I think!!

HI to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

is anyone also on Metformin during theiR IVF/FET cycles.
    if so what dosage and when do you plan to stop it if you get pregnant?

im on 500mg 2x daily, and FS says you stop it once you get confirmed pregnancy, but I have read a fair bit about it helping to prevent miscarriage and therefore to take up to 8-12 weeks then wean off etc.

any thoughts???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey All,

Thought I'd pop in back in to give my update and a big congrats to cookie!!

We had our first ever appt with Dr Natalwala, nice bloke, seems optimistic.
    We are now off for a series of tests: bloods, ultrasounds, SA and think theres one more oh HCG (or HGC I cant remember) Was a bit of a shock to find out we're still months away from officially doing something, and been in tears all morning trying to come to grips with the fact we most likely will only get two shots at getting pregnant this year. But gotta remember that the tests help us get there and I've already waited 6 months whats another 3 or 4?!?
    There's so much to take in but one step at a time, tracking cycle here I come!!

Good luck to all going through cycles atm and Im here waiting if anyone wants to join me to whinge!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aliboo - what day do tey usually do transfer for FET. is it 5 days after ovulation for a blasto??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck for your pickup tomorrow Aneczka!

Thanks for your reply CookieB - congrats on your BFP! That is wonderful news! I didn't think they put 2 back in, bcoz of the risk of ending up with triplets or quads!?! Why did you request 2? I don't know if they would let me because I've only done 1 round of IVF, I might ask them to put them both back if the first defrostie isn't that great but if it thaws well maybe just one and we will still BD I will definately eat the pineapple core, it can't do any harm!

Thanks Samarasmum and Aliboo for your info, I have heard about the new liquid and am glad to hear that hollywood are using it! I'm hoping to not have any meds for this cycle except the progresterone after the transfer and not to have any scans just the BT to track hormones and ovulation. I guess I'll find out on Sunday!

Hi Wishnhope, it does get frustrating at how long it all takes to begin with but atleast the ball is rolling now! goodluck with your assessment cycle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4furbabies For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-04-2013)