Closed Thread
Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy838 View Post
    Hi ladies

I've been watching this page for the last few months while DH and I found a clinic and had all our initial appointments. His sperm count was really low and will need to do ICSI. We went for a follow up appointment today at concept fertility and walked out with our first lot of drugs. We can start in 2 weeks when AF arrives! I'm kind of stunned as I thought this would take a lot longer. I'm excited and nervous but so glad we are actually starting the journey. Does anyone have any tips for a total novice? I'm reading a lot and trust the clinic so I'm just going to go with the flow but any tips would be wonderful! It's been amazing to see so many BFP on here lately... Hopefully 2013 will be a lucky year for us all
    Kristy838 - who are you seeing at Concept? Just remember to ask any questions you think of. Do you know what type of cycle you'll be doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kristy, welcome and hope your first cycle is a BFP! Make sure to join the IVF two week wait groups too on Bubhub, that way you'll have people at the same stage as you- very handy
    So many tips for different stages of the process! From top of my head- here are a few:

-drink protein drinks post egg pick up
    -dont wear nail polish at EPU procedure
    -google ivf acronyms, will make these forums much easier to follow
    -Eat pineapple core around transfer time
    -if you're heading towards OHSS, ask your FS not to have a fresh transfer as you'll feel horrible and it gets much worse if u do get a BFP then. My body just was too unwell but they still proceded with transfer- needless to say my body rejected it as was sick so you'll lose a blasty.
    -We dont share our ivf journey with any friends- people are inconsiderate and dont have an idea what you're going through. Use these forums for venting!
    -be prepared to go to the clinic lots of times prior to EPU and possibly transfer and also to have to take unexpected leave at short notice if you're not feeling well
    -swop your arms each time for bloods, you're going to have lots drawn and better to share the load between two arms

hope this helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chachacha For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those are some great tips thanks Chachacha does anyone have any tips to increase DH's sperm? I know its a long shot but hoping we can improve it enough for FS to say we have an alternative!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're welcome wishnhope! My DH drinks menevite or any similar multivitamins, we believe it has made a difference in the quality and numbers. Of course being in shape (not overweight), not smoking and healthy drinking (alcohol) habits are crucial too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chachacha For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Maca powder for DH. It helps improve motility and count. You can get it as a powder for smoothies etc or as tablets from natural food stores.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Chachacha Menevit (had been for a few months before the SA) so I'm assuming its not making a huge difference OR his sperm count was much lower before!! DH is definitely not overweight and doesn't smoke either, so we're pretty much on track there and he has promised to cut down the drinking (only weekend drinks) but it will be difficult with friend events and keeping this all quiet.

I'll definitely try the Maca Kel Ive read a few reviews that Maca can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the menevit doesnt make it from a zero to a hero, but it certainly improved it but when u get ICSI you should be okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks heaps for your posts!

Caketin - I am currently seeing Dr Jequier. She seems nice and has quite a bit of experience. The nurse we had was Stacey and she was the nicest person, she just made our appointment so much easier! Has anyone else on here used Dr Jequier? She has put me on an Antagonist Cycle. I dont think i have ever wanted to get AF so bad lol

Chachacha - Wow thanks so much for all those tips, i would have never have though to change arms when i did the blood tests. Im glad i have 2 weeks before AF starts, especially to get my head around it all. I thought i had done a lot of research but now its happening i feel unprepared.

We have decided to tell people. The first reason being i do FIFO and work in an office up north... Pretty hard to get to appointments, so i have had to tell my boss so i can work in Perth for a few weeks for the first cycle. The second is i dont want to hide it. I am proud that we have made the decision to do IVF. Im sure people will say stupid hurtful things when they dont think but i am hoping that the extra support will out weight the silly people.

I am really looking forward to getting to know you ladies on our ivf journy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey kristy, I'm FIFO too and be prepared to take a bit of time off work. I've had to spend the last 4 weeks in Perth!! Can be hard especially if ur cycle goes longer. Good luck!! Hope everything goes smoothly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we have told people and noone has said anything bad (even the ones I thought would) everyone has been very supportive

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

Kristy838  (15-03-2013)