Closed Thread
Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on everyone's great news the last few days! I like the positive vibe 'hanging in the air' and feel (hope!) that our third try might be our lucky try. I'm having my bloods done today to check on hormones for ovulation next week, should hopefully have my FET in 10 days' time or so.

*kdsd* If we are successful i can 'almost' be your october buddy as due date would be 5 Nov

thanks for everyone's feedback on the clinics! i now have info on all four clinics based on your info and that obtained from each clinic, Clinic comparisons for internet sharing.jpg
    and I have tried to attach it to this message, hope it works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!
    Another perthie here been lurking for a while, find this whole thing overhwelming to constantly keep up so I'm committed to my blog at the moment but justh thought I'd pop in and say hi, will try to keep up!

hubby and I are on our first IVF/ISCI cycle at FSS through Dr Nicholls and the wonderful nurses there. I'm CD 3 today, had first Gonal injection this morning at 112.5iu have BT on Saturday to see how I'm going, then it's BT & U/S the following week on Mon, Wed and Fridays (given all goes well).

i get mixed emotions reading these forums, congrats to those with miracles on the way and babydust to the rest of us in the process of grabbing our own

Im an emotional traincrash ATM as i feel I have noone who understands exactly what I feel right now to talk to, only have told parents and a selected 2 or 3 friends who have never done IVF. Praying for a quick and positive cycle .....

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome hopefaithbelieve!
    I'm also with Dr Nichols, going for a scan tomorrow as my Estrogen surged quite a bit with the Gonal F, will probably get a tentative FET date tomorrow.

I understand your emotional roller coaster- we also only told our parents but NO friends as we had already burned ourselves in sharing such personal things with friends previously . So we talk to each other about it and I talk to the gals on this blog. That's it!

Hope your journey is a quickie xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome hopefaithbelieve... Sorry ur feeling the way u do.. I was the same until we sat down with a couple of close family members and explained the whole process so they understood better. It made our lives so much better to have these people to talk to about it. But also I recommend joining a cycle thread so u can chat to other ladies that r about the same stage as u. Good luck and I hope ur journey is short and sweet

chachacha... Happy jabbing!! Good luck with the scan today x

afm... Go my second beta results yesterday at 17 dpo... Hcg- 700 and prog- 300.... Another bt on Monday.. Can't wait til they book our scan... Seriously thinking about going to my gp and getting a referral for one so I can go when I want 2 :-)
    also booked in with an ob at Joondalup so we will be having DR Margo Norman..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie from Perth and stumbled across this site when trying to research many things as we do when we are searching for hope. I could not believe how many couples have problems with conceiving. Its like a whole new world almost.
    I found it very comforting to read everybody's posts and to know that we are not alone on this journey. Everyone around me has gorgeous kids and now I am at a point in my life that its my turn and BOOM a brick wall.
    We have Male fertility issues, so as you can imagine my husband is going through all sorts of emotions. We have our first appointment at the end of Feb with Fertility North- Dr Chapple. I am very nervous but hopeful that something can be done to help create a miracle. If there is anyone with any feedback that has similar issues, please let me know any information possible. Also. Most people use all sorts of Abbreviations on here and I have no idea what they are talking about. Could someone just explain some of the main ones please.
    Hope to talk to some more people soon.

Thanks for listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome lebails... Sorry u have to come down this path.. It can be overwhelming at times.. I am also at fertility north and love everyone there. Although I'm not with dr chappie, I have met him and he seems really nice.. We too have male issues. Not sure what exactly urs is but my hubby had surgery when he was younger on his testes and this resulted in an extremely low count of only 8 sperm per sample. But after 3 cycles of IVF/ICSI we r pregnant so miracles do happen on this journey!!
    I really hope ur journey is a short one and u find all the answers u need at ur appt.

as for the abbreviations... Some that I can think of r:
    AF - Aunt Flo (period) , afm - as for me, dpo - days past ovulation/ egg collection, mfi- male fertility issues, bt- blood test, epu/ec, egg pick up / egg collection, cd- cycle day...

Can't think of any others at the moment but just ask and we shall let u know. Or sometimes u can type them into google and it will come up too.
    Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Caketin Surprises are good, my first two were surprises and I am going to find out for this one. Are you feeling bubs kick?

ChaChaCha How are your levels going? How did your scan go?

Hopefaithbelieve
    Good luck with your BT today. I hope your journey is a short one.

Kdsd Your levels are great. Good luck with your BT on Monday. You will be in great hands with Margo. There is a place in Rivervale that you can get ultrasounds without a referral. It’s like a photo session for bubs.

Lebails Don’t you hate those brick walls. The end of February will be here before you know it. Here is a page for abbreviation.

I Big to everyone else. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

AFM I still have a week to go for my anatomy scan and still praying everything is ok. It has been a long time between OB visits. Went to LUMINOUSnight spectacular launches UWA 2013 Centenary if you missed it you can see it by clicking on the link.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Calling all Perth girls #17

Hi Samarasmum and ladies,

Cycle went ok on the Gonal but didn't develop many follicles and it didn't assist my hormones as much as the Menopur.

My hormones were slow to rise and only ended up getting 2 follicles on egg collection yesterday (Friday). Have also had an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic. Had a different anaesthetist this time. Lab called today and they did ICSI this time. One egg fertilised other hasn't done much I guess I'll wait on the lab report tomorrow and if that one has done more they are going to transfer on day 3 which is this coming Monday.

Would be great to get a BFP though. Can only hope, pray and wait I guess.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies!
    So many BFPs and pregnancies progressing well in this thread I'm hoping all your good luck is going to rub off on me!!
    Unfortunately I think I'm heading for an official BFN on Monday when I go for my BT, I started POAS and have gotten nothing but BFNs

Did everyone see this article today? Very interesting, I wonder how long it will take to make it over here to WA!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/par...-1226573884167

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi not meaning to barge in but may I ask if anyone at concept has been given ivf 'Flare protocol' as opposed to the 'Down Reg.' ? I rang a different clinic - Hollywood who advertise a tailored cycle however the secretary rattled off that every starts on day 21 etc and does a down reg cycle. Wondering if all clinics r doing this?