Closed Thread
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

Quote Originally Posted by Heart84 View Post
    Thanks ladies still a bit unreal for us, we have never came this far before! So grateful I am booked in with Dr Mincham at Murdoch as it is closer to home Clinic phoned and said Im not out of the woods yet as the heart rate is low, they will continue to monitor my bloods!
    I've got my fingers crossed for you Heart84. Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Heart84 great news

Hi Ladies

i have started my second cycle but this time the Dr has changed me to Gonal F, I was on Menopur the first IVF cycle. However, I've had my day 6 bloods done and my oestrogen isn't rising like it should. The nurse asked me to increase my dose to 300iui from 250iui. This scares me and now I'm also worried they will cancel this cycle as a result. I have a low AMH 1.1, just wondering if any ladies have a low AMH and if they responded to Gonal??

would love to hear some feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone’s kind words after our BFN on Friday. The thing that gets me is that both me and DH have excellent health- we are fit, eat very healthy, all our medical/ vital stats are great. Only issue is MF- unexplained low count, motility and bad morphology. But this is overcome by ICSI, right? So why dont our little embies grow :/

I am actually still quite positive though and see us as privileged to be able to afford IVF (even though we have to save up hard for it) and also to live in a city where the clinic and blood centres are within relative easy reach! Feel sorry for those with no savings and who lives in regional/ rural areas. Must be so hard for them L

We have gone straight into our next attempt after our bad news on Friday, now on attempt #3. I started my Gonal-F today @ 25units/day.

*Adden* So excited about your induction tomorrow! Hope all goes well.
    *Aliboo* will be thinking about you tomorrow, good luck with your EC. Get protein shakes to drink for the recovery phase to help your body heal.
    *Paddlegirl* Yes I had general anaesthetics (and got sick after the op twice on the first day), but the mild OHSS made me feel horrible for more than a week. So bloated and swollen I could hardly walk for at least five days. I don’t know what they did with me in that theatre room but I was in extreme pain when I got out, had to get morphine. I stayed in hospital for apprx 6 hours after the op before I had the courage to attempt walking to our car to go home. Which is why I am extremely anxious about having to go for another EC if our two remaining frosties don’t work.
    *Heart84* So glad about your heartbeat! It must be such a relief J As soon as I get my BFP I will go with Dr Jacques Pretorius, SJOG Murdoch, have heard such lovely things of him!
    *Butterfly78* I’m on Gonal F (was on 150u/ day for stimulated cycle) and last two cycles responded very well to it, sorry I cannot help with more info. Good luck darling x

BTW, we have decided to try another clinic for our next stimulated cycle (if your two remaining frosties don’t take). We’re at FSS but I’m wanting to try another. The ones I’m aware of are:

Hollywood
    Concept
    Pivot

Not interested in FSWA as they are essentially the same as FSS- same fees, doctors etc.

I’m going to start an excel spreadsheet to do some comparisons and will be happy to share. If you can help me with info, please do so!

I’m after the following for each:

Egg collection on weekends/ public holidays? Y/N
    Full fee for EC/ ICSI cycle?
    Full fee for FET cycle?
    Egg transfer on weekends/ public holidays? Y/N
    Provide photos of embies? Y/N
    Apprx number of other ladies in waiting room when you go for an early morning tracking scan btw 7-8am?
    Which blood centres used? Western Diagnostics, Clinipath, other?
    Which hospital do they use for Egg Collection?
    # day embryo/ blastocyst transfer most performed?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Chachacha, very interested to know more about Dr Jacques Pretorius, I tried finding reviews but could not really get any, is he a new doctor at Murdoch, have you seen him before? I am sorry for your BFN and that you are not having success I know the feeling especially a lot more harder if you are healthy and not really have a lot of issues, that's why when I see drugged teens or moms smoking or drinking I get very angry!!! Hopefully your next cycle is the one x

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies the news has set in now, still don't have any preg symptoms apart from sensitive nipples, suppose I should be grateful!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all perth girls #17

Hi girls,

EC was yesterday . 35 retrieved, and today 25 have fertilised. So fingers crossed we can hold good number to day 5 for freeze.
    we obviously have a 'freeze all' cycle with the OHSS.
    was sick a little after anaesthetic etc, but not really any pain .
    really tired, and sleeping upright definitely is not fun!
    today it's heaps protein, water, and now more drugs - clexane inj to thin blood, asprin, Synarel nose spray, Metamucil, and pain meds for when the pain kicks in. Didn't expect to have to deal with so many drugs and problems after .

i am a little bloated but nothing major, but I'm guessing tmrw or mon the really bad OHSS Symptoms will start really quite scared about that as to how bad I'll feel. bit trickier with a 3 year old to look after!

adden - hope everything went well after induction?..
    4 fur babies - good luck in your TWW. Hope you can keep busy!

will update more later.

enjoy your weekend.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Aliboo! Please rest up! OHSS isn't fun! I have been there twice!!!!!
    take care of yourself!

Ella Audrey was born at 1.23 on the 1.2.13 weighing in at 1.9kg;s
    she will be in the nursery for around 2 weeks
    Its hard hearing all the new born babies on the ward, but i have a little fighter who is already breathing on her own!
    so proud of her!!!
    Scary delivery, but ended up with a natural birth (after being prepped for emergency c-sec!)
    I have only held her once and I can't wait to take her home - she looks like a doll!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Thanks Aliboo! Please rest up! OHSS isn't fun! I have been there twice!!!!!
    take care of yourself!

Ella Audrey was born at 1.23 on the 1.2.13 weighing in at 1.9kg;s
    she will be in the nursery for around 2 weeks
    Its hard hearing all the new born babies on the ward, but i have a little fighter who is already breathing on her own!
    so proud of her!!!
    Scary delivery, but ended up with a natural birth (after being prepped for emergency c-sec!)
    I have only held her once and I can't wait to take her home - she looks like a doll!!!!!!
    Congratulations adden! Beautiful name! Hope everything goes smoothly and you'll get to take your little girl home when she's ready xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Aliboo and awesome news of 25 fertilized embies for you! Fingers crossed they last through to blastocysts!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4furbabies For This Useful Post:

Aliboo  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl Adden! She sounds like a little fighter! Hope she's in your arms soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachacha View Post
    BTW, we have decided to try another clinic for our next stimulated cycle (if your two remaining frosties don’t take). We’re at FSS but I’m wanting to try another. The ones I’m aware of are:
    Hollywood
    Concept
    Pivot

I’m after the following for each:

Egg collection on weekends/ public holidays? Y/N
    Full fee for EC/ ICSI cycle?
    Full fee for FET cycle?
    Egg transfer on weekends/ public holidays? Y/N
    Provide photos of embies? Y/N
    Apprx number of other ladies in waiting room when you go for an early morning tracking scan btw 7-8am?
    Which blood centres used? Western Diagnostics, Clinipath, other?
    Which hospital do they use for Egg Collection?
    # day embryo/ blastocyst transfer most performed?
    Hi Chachacha,
    I'm currently with Pivot but currently undergoing IUI so can only answer some of your questions. If we have to move to IVF we would stay with Pivot.

They collect and process all their samples (bloods, semen etc) on site and call you back a few hours later with results. The ultrasound scans are across the road and I've only had to pay for the first one as a part of my pre-screening - everything since then (initial tracking and treatment - I guess I would have been about 10 times) was put through medicare. The actual IUI was performed on Australia Day (sat) at the day surgery attached to the clinic and I know they were open on the Monday public holiday too.

They are open on the mornings at 7.30, there is usually people lining up from about 7.10 (I'm one of those). I would guess there would be about 8-12 people there by 7.30 at most. I'm usually out of there by 7.40-8.00 depending on whether I need to get bloods and U/S or just bloods.

They go through all costings before you start each process and give you an indication of what might be covered by medicare/private health.

Hope this helps you out a little