Closed Thread
Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st Ivf cycle

Hello wonderful ladies,
    I've just started first IVF cycle (previously only ov.induction) and new to forum!
    looking for some advice from the Perth girls.

Bloods and scan today revealed higher e2 level of 2300.(baseline day2 was 210 and with lots of small follicles each ovary on scan -have PCOS).

Day 6 (day 4 of stims) (150puregon) antagonist cycle.
    Only 20+ small follicles on each ovary-largest 13mm.

Told to continue puregon at 150 and start oralgutran tmrw night.another scan not until Tues!

any advice what levels Hollywood like it to be between at each stage?
    or what the highest is before they cancel??

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all, and wish you all the very best for. Bfp for 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aliboo I hope your IVF journey is a short one. e2 levels determines the number of folicles. Hollywood gets you to do a trigger when the size of the follicles are 19mm and above. I have not had a cancelled cycle due to high e2 levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

i've been following everyone's news, thanks for keeping us updated!
    We had our blood results today- BFN so first FET didn't work. Seems we are becoming a part of the statistics and making a few drs very rich (and us very poor). Anyway, we'll decide next course of action shortly, have two frosties left but might go straight back to stimulated cycle again as I'm concerned the longer we wait the worse qual eggs we're going to get. I just had a really horrible ER first time and was so sick, cannot imagine having to put myself through it again.

Thank for the advice on Hollywood's fees 4furbabies! We might just try another clinic for the next round.

@paddlegirl, the drs at FSS seemed informed yes, but I think my questions to the nurses sometimes were more advanced than their knowledge unfortunately. But as I've said previously I usually inform myself quite well and don't normally come with the straight forward easy questions!

@aliboo, I think my E2 level was apprx 10,000 the day or two before transfer and something closer to 15,000 on the day. So it seems you may have still a while to go. That said, I was really sick after transfer so that may have had a big part to play.

Hope everyone's faring well!

And I hope you have a lovely Australia Day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I meant really sick after retrieval, not transfer! Transfers have been okay to date.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

Chachacha - I'm so sorry to hear about your bfn must be heartbreaking. I didn't know egg quality decreased with frozen embryos? I didn't (and still not) enjoy epu at all and would hate to go through it again so I'm hoping for some frosties!

Welcome Aliboo! Can't help you with the levels sorry, have you asked the nurses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sorry about your BFN... I hope you get your positive very soon XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies and the welcomes ladies.

Samarasmum, thanks for your input, its a good idea to visit a couple of them and get a feel, as its a really individual decision.

Sarahandchaz, we did acupuncture, diet, disgusting herbs etc as well in Sydney for about 6 months, acupuncturist wanted us to give it a few months before we try another cycle, and then we ran out of have time to do a cycle before we moved to Perth. Am linking in with another TCM clinic in Perth, and we ares till (mostly) trying to stay on the healthy diet. Here’s hoping it does the trick as it did for you :-)

4fuybabies, hope EPU went well for you on Fri!! And glad to hear you are happy with Hollywood... I have generally heard positive things about them. Have an appt 1 March....

Heart84 as the others said, hang in there.... don’t let your mind get the better of you!! It can be such a nerve wrecking time... can you distract yourself, maybe with a really good book, or DVDs till Wed??

Chachacha , sorry to hear about your BFN.... and that you felt sick during EPU. Did you have to go through general anaest? Is that why you were sick?

Aliboo, I don’t know about the levels your clinic would want as I’m new to IVF in Perth.. But hope your cycle goes ahead and goes smoothly

kdsd, enjoy Margaret River and congrats on being PUPO!

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend/ holidays

Thanks
    Reviews

Chachacha: sorry about your BFN I know you must be very disappointed. Hoping your next cycle gives you your BFP!!

Aliboo: Welcome honey, hope your journey is a short one

AmyEl: you must be so excited to meet buba? To which hospital are you going and will you be having a natural birth or c-sec?

Samarasmum: how is your pregnancy going? When is your next scan?

AFM: tomorrow is the big scan day for us, so nervous as this is our 4th pregnancy and at every 1st us appointment we were unable to hear a heart beat so hoping the 4th one is our lucky 4 leave clover! Will update you tomorrow please say a little prayer for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Good luck Heart, I hope it's good news for you XX

Yes getting excited but also feeling crappy... I have had a very easy pregnancy & I'm so greatful for our journey being so short, so not complaining... Just surprised at this late stage that I am finally getting symptoms, I would have given anything for some early on!!

Hopefully we only have 3 weeks to go, DH works FIFO so we have asked to be induced a little early to make sure he is here & also to make sure we aren't sitting around on his 5 weeks leave waiting instead of bonding with bub together... We are having bub at Mercy, Dr Lewis is our OB.

Good luck again Heart, I'll be thinking of you X

hi everyone else... Baby dust to you all XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info on my previous queries ladies.

today had scan/bloods and looking like may be heading in OHSS direction.
    approx. 11-14 follies on each side ranging from 10mm - 15mm plus plenty of smalls(PCOS). Endometrium 12C.
    reduced puregon from 150 to 100 today and will trigger with Lupron instead of Ovidrel tomorrow night, for EC on Friday.

anyone else done the Lupron as a trigger instead due to OHSS???

So I'm guessing they won't proceed with ET but will wait to hear more I guess.
    bit disappointing.

anyone else been in similar position to me and still gone ahead with ET???not looking forward to the OHSS after EC.

wish the constant nausea would go away!!!

good luck tmrw Heart. Fingers crossed all goes well for you.

not long now AmyEL, rest up, and hope it all goes smoothly.

Sorry to hear Chachacha. Thinking of you during difficult time.

thanks ladies.
    x