Closed Thread
Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachacha View Post
    Hi kdsd,
    I've had my FET#1 done yesterday and was wondering how far along you are with your cycle for this month? I'm new to the forum and keen to find a place/ forum/ chatroom to connect with other ladies in the same boat-we are not sharing our journey with friends so I'm keen to talk to others going through the same things.
    Hi chachacha... Sorry just saw this post.. Had egg collection yesterday.. Only collected 4 bu I'm happy with that for now.. Just waiting on the call from the lab to inform me what we have fertilised and how they r going... Transfer will be tomorrow... My preg test is scheduled for the 4th feb...
    How r u going? When is ur test?

Hope everyone is well... Sorry don't post on here much anymore but am trying to keep up to date...

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone,
    Hope I can join you all. I posted here about 8 months ago when DH and I were thinking about moving to Perth, and now we have moved. A couple of you ladies replied to my post months ago and said you were with Hollywood and that you were pretty happy with it (sorry I cant find that post, and can't remember who exactly). We are looking for a clinic to continue our TTC #1. We are about 15kms SOR but I have to go NOR to work anyway so I dont mind going somewhere like Leederville or Nedlands (but not Joondalup LOL). We are considering Hollywood but Hollywood dont allow anonymous donor sperm (only known donors and there is a small chance that if we arent successful with DH sperm (low motility) in the next cycle or two, we will try donor sperm. But it might never come to that. Am also considering other clinics? Does anyone have any experience with Pivet? Or with FSS/ FSWA? My GP admitted she doesnt know much about IVF clinics and said the drs in that GP practice usually refer to Pivet but she doesnt know why/have a good medical reason for doing so!

Would really appreciate any feedback/ recommendations. Thanks everyone!

Chachacha I see you're with FSS, and you found that Dr Chua and Dr Murphy were nicer. Other than that, did the Drs there seem to know what they were talking about? Do FSS do embryo transfers 7 days a week?

We were with a smaller clinic in Sydney with the loveliest Dr, and nurses. However, they couldnt give us a positive outcome and one thng that niggled in my mind was that they didnt do embryo transfers on Sat or Sun. Some other people I know were with a larger clinic that did it 7 days and some people say its important to do it in the day thats best for the embryo, not the day thats convenient (eg. Fri) for the Dr. I don't mind too much if another Dr has to do the ET or the egg collection, as long as the clinic has as high success rates as possible. At our age, we don't have much time and don't want to muck around.

Butterfly, I was on Gonal F too, but cant recall the dose. Good luck with your cycle.

kdsd, good luck !! Hope you get good news from the lab and they are doing really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buterfly78 with your cycle on Gonal. All my successful cycle have been on Gonal.

Kdsd I have my that you get a great fert rate.

Paddlegirl Welcome back I have been with Hollywood and my FS has moved to FSWA. Some of the FS at FSWA originally came from Hollywood. A lot of GP’s don’t know much about the clinic’s. What you may need to do is go and visit and try and get a feel. You need to be comfortable with the clinic you choose. Hollywood does do Transfers 7 days a week.
    A Big hi to everyone else and I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the week.

AFM Not much happing in my direction. Enjoying my leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Well after a long hiatus I am going to jump back on the ivf merry-go-round in July....after I have a chance to save a bit of money! I have a beautiful 14 month old daughter who is the product of IVF ICSI (7th attempt)....we have 12 embryos on ice and I am hoping that is all I need. I was with Hollywood and think I will continue with Dr Turner.

Just popping back in to say hi to Samarasmum - did I see on your profile that you are UTD ???? That is awesome!!! I hope this time its as smooth as a baby's botttom (pardon the pun).

Paddlegirl - naturopathy and acupuncture and a healthy lifestyle is what got us our good embyro's and a bfp....i did two harvests with reasonable results (12 at epu, 3 embryo's; all BFN....then 18 at epu, 4 embryo's and 3 BFN)...thats when i decided to try something different. I saw a naturopath and took disgusting herbal stuff, so did DH, acupuncture weekly, and eating healthily and exercised.....what a difference it made, with the same drugs as the first two cycles i had 30 !!! at epu, 21 were mature, 16 fertilised and went to blastocyst (12 of the best were kept)....i over stimiulated (it wasnt nice) and had to wait a month to transfer....but my first transfer using these better (i believe) embyros became our little Ava Rose! So goodluck and dont give up.

Hi to everyone else.....I look forward to getting to know you all a little better....

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...

Thought I'd pop in and quickly update u all... We had transfer this morning.. So happy to say we have 2 4 cell embies on board.. One grade 1 and the other grade 2... Was hoping our fs would do our transfer as we have always had different fs' do it.. And our wish came true so off to a positive start thankfully... Have our fingers and toes crossed that this is the one for us!! Going to take it easy the next few days.. Well off to Margaret River tomorrow for a nice relaxing weekend and for my mums wedding on Saturday.. Looking forward to it.. Hoping we can look back at the photos and say our bub and mums grandchild was snuggling in there ...

Welcome back sarahandchaz and paddlegirl...

Thanks
    Reviews
    kdsd - how exciting! hope you get a sticky! enjoy margaret river

saraandchaz - welcome back, I'm with Dr Turner at Hollywood as well, I've seen both him and Dr Brett and like them both, they get us some results! Might see you in the waiting room!

paddlegirl - welcome back, I'm with Hollywood, they don't do EPU's 7days per week, I'm unsure about transfers, they don't do scans on the weekend. I'm not sure about the other clinics, but I'm happy with Hollywood so far!

Chachacha - I live really far SOR too and its a pain having to travel up to Hollywood in the morning traffic! Its the same as FSS in that I only really see and speak to the nurses, probably see him for EPU which he is doing but thats just luck because its done on a roster system. Hollywood is heaps cheaper than FSS though! We paid $7400 for this IVF cycle!

AFM - Had a BT and US today and I get to trigger tonight! EPU scheduled for Friday! I'm so excited, hoping for some good quality mature eggs out of the 12 follies we counted today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarahandchaz Everything is going smooth this time and this one is going to have lots and lots of scans. I have had 4 already. I hope your next journey is a short one.

Kdsd Congratulations on being PUPO. It is always a good start when you get what you want. Enjoy your Weekend in Margaret River.

4furbabies with your EPU on Friday. I hope you get lots of good eggs that have a great fert rate.

A Big to everyone else and I hope you all are having a great week.

AFM Keeping myself busy with the school holidays and sorting out school books.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

Going crazy ladies, feels like my pregnancy symptoms is fading so I pray and hope everything is ok! Only going for our first scan next week Wednesday!! How did you feel in the early weeks and what symptoms did you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

Quote Originally Posted by Heart84 View Post
    Going crazy ladies, feels like my pregnancy symptoms is fading so I pray and hope everything is ok! Only going for our first scan next week Wednesday!! How did you feel in the early weeks and what symptoms did you have?
    Hang in there... I had no symptoms! Just keep talking to the bub and encouraging it, our mind plays tricks on us! I remember sitting in the waiting room thinking I was going to be told there was no baby and it was all in my head, same at12 week scan and then again at 20 even though I could feel bub moving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart84 View Post
    Hang in there. Symtoms come and go all the time. Wednesday will be here before you know it. Try to keep yourself busy. I don't have my next scan or appointment untill February 18 and that seems like a lifetime away. If you need a chat we are here for you.