Closed Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy838 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I am a total newbie to IVF. We are at the very very begining of our journey. I have an appointment with our GP in early Jan to get a referral to a FS. (We already know we will need IVF help to start our family) Can anyone make any recommendations? I was looking at Dr Linda Wong from Conpect One. I like the idea that she will do both the IVF/ICSI and be the Obstetrician if we get pregnant. There is so much information out there its a little overwhelming. It would be great to have an actual recommendation. Also if you have any advise for a newbie i would love to hear it. I wish you all good luck on your journey

Thanks so much in advance...
    Hi Kristy, I went to Concept but saw Dr Ambekar who is extremely nice and I'm now just over 13 weeks from my first full IVF/ICSI cycle (first was cancelled before retrieval). I've found everyone at Concept to be nice and very helpful. I'm now seeing Dr Thyer at Mercy as my obstetrician and had my NT scan yesterday at POGU (Mercy as well) and the Dr there actually worked with Dr Ambekar at King Edward and they are great friends! Perth truly is a small world!

My NT scan went great and they are going to ring me hopefully with my blood test results. Was great to see my beautiful bubba again and my Mum came and she was just shocked at everything you can see so early. This will be her 5th grandchild but first time she's had a chance to an ultrasound!

Good luck everyone with their waits! Hopefully Christmas will keep you distracted!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy838 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I am a total newbie to IVF. We are at the very very begining of our journey. I have an appointment with our GP in early Jan to get a referral to a FS. (We already know we will need IVF help to start our family) Can anyone make any recommendations? I was looking at Dr Linda Wong from Conpect One. I like the idea that she will do both the IVF/ICSI and be the Obstetrician if we get pregnant. There is so much information out there its a little overwhelming. It would be great to have an actual recommendation. Also if you have any advise for a newbie i would love to hear it. I wish you all good luck on your journey

Thanks so much in advance...
    Hi Kristy, As you can see by my ticker I had a first successful cycle aswell, only 10 weeks till bub is born! We went through Hollywood aswell, and with Dr Brett he does IVF/ICSI, I think you'll find most do both, ICSI is very common, all the nurses & docs are lovely there & a couple of them are OB's aswell, I've opted to go with Dr Lewis @ Mercy, he is a lovely man & would recommend him to anyone :-)

God luck with your IVF journey, hope its a as successful as mine XX

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Samarasmum View Post
    I'm 11 weeks and 1 day today and go for my NT scan next Monday. I am also having an iGeneScreen BT new years EVE. Good luck with your scan tommorrow. I hope you get great results.
    Congrats Samarasmum! Enjoy the hot Christmas, you'll be able to share your wonderful news with your rellies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbles... Yes it is just under $8k every transfer unless u do, a FET then it's roughly $2.5k. But u get about $5-$6k back from Medicare roughly 4 or 5 days later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad ur scan went well Caketin! Have a relaxing Chrissy now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cake tin.... Awesome news on the scan.. That would have been such a pleasant Chrissy present for ur mum getting to finally see one of her grandchildren growing...
    Samarasmum... Good luck on Monday for ur scan...
    Butterfly.... That u have a sticky bub growing inside.... The tww is definitely the longest time in the world lol.. So our brains think anyway..

kristy... Sorry u have to go down this path but welcome.... It's all pretty daunting at the beginning but after that initial fs meeting, u just wanna get on with it. I'm going on to my third cycle in January after 2 failed ones... Hoping it'll be the lucky third one! U said u know y ur going to have to do IVF, can I ask is it u or hubby??regardless of this both of u should start (if u haven't already) taking menevit and elevit... Atleast ull be one step ahead of the fs coz more than likely he or she will tell u to be taking it anyway.
    As the other girls said, all clinics do ICSI... We have no choice but to do it due to DH's extremely low sperm count. And same for the OB thing, majority of the fs' r OB's...

The next few days r gonna be rather busy due to the fact that once again, I have left my shopping to the last minute... I say every year not this year and yet here we r again... All the best for those with appts b4 Christmas if I don't get on here before then.
    Have a wonderful and safe Christmas...

Thanks
    Reviews

I can relax even more now since my blood results were ready and I'm low risk for everything!

Hope everyone else has a great Christmas & New Year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caketin When I worked it out it was close to the date the clinic gave me. That s great that you are low risk. I don’t think I am going to be that lucky due to my age.

April78 You go for as long as you can and you know within yourself when it is time. I hope 2013 is the year for you.

Butterfly78 FS run test just to know all the information. How is your TWW going? I hope you are keeping busy. Sorry I have never used acupuncture. I have always only had a couple make it and last cycle only 1 survived and I am nearly 12 weeks pregnant. I don’t think the coffee makes any difference with IVF as long as you don’t have too much. Yes IVF can alter the time in which you would normally get AF. I hope AF does not turn up. When is your final BT?

Adden that’s not good that you have GD again. Does it go away after you have bubs?

Kelbel86 Have you checked out their web site?
    Kdsd Good luck with your next cycle. I hope 2013 is the one for you. Good luck with your Shopping.

Ktisty838 We went to Hollywood Fertility Centre. You can visit the different clinics and get a first impression. When I started out I sent out emails.

AmyEL DD started to tell everyone after we had our scan and I have been getting more excited about being pregnant.

A Big Bubbles1984 and everyone else. Not long now till Christmas. I hope everyone is ready and not have too much more shopping to do.

AFM I am still very tired and find that I am going straight to bed after work and going to bed early. I would like the medication to kick in so that I am not so tired. It should start working in the new year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarasmum For This Useful Post:

Butterfly78  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for your replies i really appreciate it.

Butterfly78 - Good luck with the transfer. Wishing you all the best

Caketin & AmtEL - Congratulations. You both give me hope that I will one day join the mummy club

Kdsd - My DH has a sperm test as part of standard medical tests a few years ago and he has low sperm count and the mobility isnt good either. I went off the pill close to 2 years now but we were not actively trying (if a miricle happened we would wecome but it never did) Now we feel ready to be parents he has started to take metevit and i will get some elevit the next time I'm home (We work away, which is going to add to our challenge) I am trying to do as much research as possible so i can specifically ask my GP for a FS. I just feel lucky to have such an amazing man. And as i tell him... i would prefer to have to do IVF 100 times with him than have a child with another man.

I will be sending positive thoughts your way in Jan. I think you are right about 3rd time lucky

Merry Christmas everyone... Hope 2013 is a special year that brings us all beautiful babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Samarasmum
    It did go away the day after I had Eli (its all hormonal for me)
    I didn't have it 2 weeks ago - my levels have been stable, but as soon as you hit 28 weeks it can all change - apparently! As the baby grows and the placenta does different things, it is more likely to happen then - thats why we are tested at 28 weeks I guess!
    I am now on injections 4 times a day and have to test my blood 4 times a day
    its the same as my first pregnancy, so at least I knew what to expect!
    I have 11 weeks to go, but DS was 4 weeks early, so I could only have 7 to go! eeeekkk!
    I hope you get energy back soon! It sux being tired all the time hey!
    Hope you all have a great christmas and eat lots of sugar for me!!!
    stay cool, its gonna be a hot one!