Sorry I haven't been on in a while... Thoughts had updated before having some timeout... We got another bfn unfortunately... Going again in January.. This time we r trying a brand new protocol which they call a sandwich cycle. So will be interesting to know more about it when we go back on Jan 2..
Sorry to hear the bad news Heart.. Massive hugs..
Huge congrats to u shootingstars..
Bubbles... Welcome.. I'm also at fertility north.. Everyone there is really nice. I'm sure u will be happy. Who is ur fs? We r doing ICSI due to extremely low sperm count and we pay just under $7400 for the cycle plus $380 for the anaesthetist..(if u have hospital cover then that will most likely cover the cost of ur epu... If not its about $800 up front)... That is paid on the day of transfer... Then about a week later we get our refund from Medicare which from our first cycle was roughly $5400 back. This is the major payments.. i cant remember the cost of our orginial appt and bt costs but u still get a rebate back from medicare... Hope this helps...
Hope all is going well with everyone else
KDSD so sorry to hear about you BFN I know how disappointing it feels, lots of hugs for you x
Has any of you ladies used progesterone cream before?
Caketin What was your EDD calculated from transfer? My clinic has given me a date before my scan and it is still the same date.
Heart84 The progesterone cream is that crinone? I was using it for all my fresh cycles fro #3
Bubbles1984 I hope your journey is a short one.
Kdsd Sending you lots and lots of that January is your lucky cycle.
A Big April, AmyEL, Shootingstarwishes , SJG and everyone else, I hope everyone is well.
AFM I had my first OB appointment yesterday and found out about a new BT that is available called iGeneScreen. Not cheap but it is a non-invasive fetal trisomy test. We finally have a nice picture and bj was moving around and we saw and heard the heart beat it was great. I go in on Christmas eve for my NT scan.
Samarasmum - I think I worked it out myself at 24th June so it's only two days difference now from what my ob said. I've got my NT scan on Thursday. I forgot to get a referral from my ob so I'm going to ring them today (baby brain??!!)
Heart84 - I was on Crinone for my cycle. I didn't have any issues with it.
Last edited by caketin; 18-12-2012 at 08:30.
Hi Perth Ladies
I've been riding the infertility wave for a while now. Finally got to do my first cycle of IVF at HFC with Dr. Brett. I have low AMH (1.1) and even though FS said not to pay too much attention to the result as the test is only 70% accurate I wonder why they administer the test to begin with?
I've been having acupuncture at IVF Support Centre before our first IVF cycle. Had 7 eggs at retrieval, 5 fertilised, 1 made it to blastocyst. The others didn't progress further than 8 cells So the one that made it, got transferred and now we wait
I have some questions if any of you ladies could shed some light with your experiences
1) Has anyone used acupuncture to support their IVF cycles and had positive outcomes?
2) Is it normal to have a good number of eggs retrieved in a cycle only to end up with 1 that survives?
3) What is everyone's perspective on having a cup of coffee post egg transfer? Should I be cutting this out or does it make no difference? Just asking this question because I had my normal cup of coffee with my first pregnancy (conceived naturally) and wondering if it impacts anything where IVF is concerned.
Sorry for the long list
sorry I have been away from this thread, I just wanted to help you a bit (If i can!)
Im so sorry for your long traumatic journey. I pray you get your little miracle very soon!!!
1. Acupuncture didn't help me - sorry! I stopped and I fell pregnant! Im strange though
2. I had 8 make it to Blast and then only 1 on transfer day. I had 11 eggs collected. the 1 that made it to transfer is now my little girl due in feb! I have only ever had 1 frosty after IVF. this was from a fresh cycle and I have no more.
I never had a follow up appt, so I'm not sure why they made it so far and the next day just stopped dividing. I hope one day ill have some answers to that.
3. I went off coffee - but a lot of my friends didn't. I chose to mainly because I wanted to limit anything that I could say 'if I didn't have that maybe I would have gotten pregnant'. I really doubt it will have any impact at all. I drink coffee every day now
Hi to everyone. I hope your christmas plans are going well!
I have just been diagnosed GD again and I start insulin tonight. Not happy as I have worked so hard and actually lost weight (I'm not big to begin with) and cycling 3 times a week.
anyways, we are getting there!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!