Closed Thread
Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling all Perth girls #17

It was at 10am. So we've got a heartbeat (133bpm) so we're very excited. Measuring a little smaller than what we guessed but still within the range. But we'll have another scan in 2 weeks which will be a little more accurate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

2plus3equals6  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, so I really need to organise where we will have our baby! We are deciding between public at swan districts or private at mercy. Has anyone had experience at these places? Who did you choose as your ob and what kind of upfront costs would I be looking at? So many decisions and it feels like forever away but I need to get it sorted now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been on here for months, but just wanted to say congrats to Samarasmum!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tj79 For This Useful Post:

Samarasmum  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjones How was your drive? Good luck with your BT and Scan tomorrow.

Caketin That is great you heard a heartbeat. I have another week before I have mine. I am really nervous. Sorry can’t help you with either Swan Districts or Mercy. What you need to do is decide on an OB and find out the costs as all OB are different.

April78 I hope you get to start soon. I find out tomorrow when my scan is.
    A big hi to everyone else.

AFM I have another BT tomorrow and get to know what time I have my scan for the next week. I am nervous as I have been here before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Samarasmum: you'll be fine, fingers crossed that you get some more good numbers tomorrow.

April: how are you going with everything, any news on your levels?

Afm: the 5 week bt went well, not sure what the numbers were but they said all great. Had a little scare though, about 6 weeks ago I had bt for cystic fibrosis gene and found out during week it has come back positive! Normally this is done before you have a transfer but because we had changed clinics our timing just wasn't right. So now DH is being tested and we are praying for a negative... It's going to be a long two weeks until we find out though. I just wish all clinics had the same protocols and they tested everyone for the same things then we could have dealt with this 11 months ago when we started this journey... Instead we finally have a BFP and now have this to worry about. Will keep trying to stay positive and soon we will know. DH has a good point if we fell pregnant naturally we wouldn't even be tested for CF in the first place and wouldn't even know

Have a great week everyone and good luck to everyone starting or doing a cycle xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    Hi ladies, so I really need to organise where we will have our baby! We are deciding between public at swan districts or private at mercy. Has anyone had experience at these places? Who did you choose as your ob and what kind of upfront costs would I be looking at? So many decisions and it feels like forever away but I need to get it sorted now!
    Hi there... Sounds like you're in the same area as us... We are closer to Swans but going with Mercy & Dr Lewis. We have to pay $2500 at 25 weeks with him & $90 per consultation, we get $70 back from Medicare though... Pretty good & his service has been fantastic, he delivered my nephew in May and I can't say I have heard a bad word about him!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Hi there... Sounds like you're in the same area as us... We are closer to Swans but going with Mercy & Dr Lewis. We have to pay $2500 at 25 weeks with him & $90 per consultation, we get $70 back from Medicare though... Pretty good & his service has been fantastic, he delivered my nephew in May and I can't say I have heard a bad word about him!
    Hi AmyEL, I've ended up going with Dr Thyer at Mercy. Dr Lewis is away when I'm due and I did a ring around this morning to the others who deliver at Mercy. His management fee is $2,500 and $120 for his appointments. I've got my first appointment with him on my birthday (7th Dec) which is 2 weeks after my next scan with my FS. I'm actually quite happy to book with him as I've only ever heard good things about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LozzyS That is great news about your 5 week BT. I hope DH test comes back negative. I got some more good numbers. I am feeling better. Just need to get past next week.

Caketin that is great that you have decided on a Hospital.

A big AmyEL and everyone else. I hope everyone is having a good start to the week.

AFM I had my 6 week BT today and my HCG levels are 11555. I am really happy with my levels but I just have to get past the scan next Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Great levels Samarasmum.

I'm feeling really impatient today, just wishing things would go a little quicker! Anyone else feel like this? I just wanna meet my little one lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    Great levels Samarasmum.

I'm feeling really impatient today, just wishing things would go a little quicker! Anyone else feel like this? I just wanna meet my little one lol

Get used to that! I am 25 weeks now and hanging out to meet him/her! Can't wait to see what it is and who it looks like!

We finished the feature wall in our nursery last night... what do you all think?

Nursery.jpg