+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due July, August, September 2012 #2

Elly sounds fairly normal then haha. God I wish she would sleep in her pram. She doesn't sleep in there or the car seat. Unless I put her in there asleep in which case she will stay asleep.

Her night sleeps are pretty good. About 11-5 then back down til 7 ish. But her witching hour is usually from 6-11 where she just feeds feeds feeds. Not too grumpy, but not all that happy either. Hopefully it will start getting earlier soon. I try putting her down earlier each night but it doesn't work. She starts dozing off, has a 5 minute kip and then she's wide awake again.

And the little bugger has decided she hates sleeping on her back now. I'm so terrified of putting her on her tummy but she will only sleep that way. She hates the wraps now too which I was using when she was back sleeping. She just gets out of it and screams lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sophie doesn't like being swaddled either unless I leave one arm out! I just wrap her up as normal but leave her right arm out and she seems happy with that.

I really wish she would sleep from 7pm because my husband doesn't get home from work and the gym until 7:30pm so the only time I see him during the week is when she's going through her witching hours from 7pm-10pm. We literally get no time together anymore as he leaves for work at 6am.

How are you finding it having time together?

Thanks
    Reviews

Pretty much the same as you. He leaves for work early too, then he had karate after work, so it's a few hours at night. And Elly is usually attached to my boob lol.

Being in darwin is hard with the swaddling. Unless I use aircon which I don't really want to do. It's so hot at the moment though so she just sleeps in a nappy and singlet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least I'm not the only one then!

Yeah I bet it's hard with it being so hot. We've just had solar panels fitted so we can leave the air con on when it starts getting really hot here in Perth. Our last few bills have been huge because we had the heat on when Sophie first came out of hospital so decided solar was the way to go!

Thanks
    Reviews

How we all doing mummies??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're good thanks. Sophie is sleeping like a dream now 10pm-5am then up for 30 mins and back to sleep until 8am! Feels good!

She'll be 3 months old on Tuesday but feels like she's been here forever. Can't stop thinking about having another try for a brother or sister for her but will more than likely wait until April/May next year.

How is Elly doing?

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha I can't stop thinking about having another one either. It's so much fun around the 3 month mark. They really have personality now.

Elly is great. Sounds just like Sophie with her sleeping. She has been doing around 9.30-6.30 the last couple of weeks. It's amazing.

Has Sophie started laughing yet? I get a few giggles here and there. It's so cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She did her first proper laugh last Monday when she was 12 weeks old. I had a spider toy with a squeaky tummy and pressed his tummy she was laughing her head off like it was the funniest thing ever. It was making me laugh so that made her laugh even more! It is the best feeling ever. Her dad has seen her smile but not heard the laughing yet. Hope she does it for him soon.

My sister works in child care and told me to have another one as soon as possible because when they get to toddler age I'll probably change my mind about wanting another one!! I could quite happily have 5. I didn't think my husband wanted anymore than 2 but he said yesterday that he would love as many as we can so makes me want another one even more now. We have 4 frosties left to use so hopefully there'll be at least one more in there for us.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's good you got some frosties waiting. We will have to do another full stim cycle.

Yeah Elly cracks up at almost nothing, then I try do the same thing again and she looks at me like I'm stupid haha.

Yeah I think I might try again middle of next year. Cause like your sister said, once Elly is in her terrible twos or thereabouts, I might change my mind

Are we the only two left on this thread lol....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It appears so. Wonder how everyone is getting on? Would be nice to hear how everyone has adapted to motherhood. Maybe we're the only ones lucky enough to have babies that sleep through the night so therefore the only ones not too tired to post!