+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thought I'd pop in to let you all know that *************.com.au are doing 154 Pampers nappies for newborns for $19.95 plus postage today. You can only buy one box per customer but if you have husbands, boyfriends etc then get them to order a box too. It's a really big saving and every little helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that says catch of the day by the way, didn't realise it would be blanked out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...this threads gone super quiet since we all had babies...!!
    hope all you Mummies are doing well and have healthy happy sleeping bubs?

I can't believe my little Piper is just over a month old already....time is flying!
    shes also packing on the weight nicely - gained 1kg in 3 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kseds, it has gone sooo quiet in here lately! I reckon everyone is really busy being a mummy!

I have discovered the most amazing book which has totally transformed Sophie. It's called Save our Sleep and tells you how to get your baby into a routine so you get more sleep and less fussing. It immediately started working and now means I can put Sophie down for a nap while she's still awake and she gets herself to sleep meaning I don't have to walk round and round the house settling her like I had been doing.

I haven't followed it to the T but have used the parts that seem to work for me and Sophie and she's honestly like a new baby. She slept for a 6 hour stretch last night from 9:30pm-3:30am! It means she's a much happier baby and I'm a much happier mummy. Why didn't I find this book earlier?!! It taught me to stop breast feeding every 3 minutes to wind her as the gas builds up all through the day meaning by night time she's got hardly any room for milk due to her stomach being full of gas that hasn't come out during the day.

I've also learned that I don't have to get her to sleep to put her down for a sleep. I just have to make sure all her needs have been met i.e. her nappy is clean, she's eaten and she's been winded then swaddle her and put her in her bassinet awake and on her back then leave the room and let her get herself to sleep. I thought she would scream the house down but she has been totally content to just lay there until she falls asleep (usually 10-15 mins). I have only had to go into the room on a couple of occasions to settle her and it was so easy. I picked her up, winded her, she burped then went straight back into the bassinet and slept!

It was such a simple concept to realise that she only cries when one of her needs haven't been met and as soon as it has been met she stops crying and is happy baby again! Hope this might help some of you if you're struggling like I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey klong - I have that book....bought it with DS but never ended up using it.... Piper seems more of a fusser (like you describe...cold be me verbatim, except or the "walking aroun the house" part....I use a glider chair instead...lol)

Might need to crack it out......great advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's made a huge difference to her breast feeding as well because she fussed so much at the breast that I wasn't getting any milk into her which meant I had to express then feed it to her in a bottle which is a huge pain in the ***! Now that I'm winding her all the time she is happily feeding from the breast with no fuss at all. It's like someone came in one night and swapped my baby for a better version of the one I had!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

I can't get used to not having the app so I haven't been on much. Trying to use this mobile skin. Hopefully I get used to it.

Glad everything is settling down for everyone. Elly is 2 months old now. She's getting so big. It really does go too fast.

She had her first awesome sleep last night. Did cluster feeding til 9.30 last night, slept til 4.30, had a huge feed, then slept from 5 til 8. I am seriously a new person today after having that much sleep. Hopefully she keeps that up!

How's everyone handling getting out of the house and stuff. I'm trying to get out a bit but its hard cause Elly still needs to sleep every hour and a half. And she won't go to sleep in her pram. She's too busy looking around at everything.

Oh and I have that book too. I tried it for a couple of days but the routine was way too strict for me. And the dream feeds they suggest. Oh my god. They made her wake even more frequently haha. So I'm just going with the flow for now. She self settles some of the time so hopefully she will learn to get better at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini85 - Glad Elly is starting to sleep well now, 2 months has really flown by hasn't it? Has she had her immunisations yet? I am taking Sophie for her 8 week injections on Wednesday and I am not looking forward to it at all.

Just had the worst 2 days ever with Sophie. She's had such bad trapped wind that she literally only slept 2 hrs in nearly 2 days. I am sooo tired. Luckily she is now fine after loads of winding, gripe water and colic drops. I have worked out it's because I ate broccoli and cauliflower so won't be touching them again until I'm no longer breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww poor little baby. You must be exhausted too. It's horrible when they get wind. It's weird how they react to certain foods.

Elly had her shots at 7 weeks. I had to get her dad to hold her while I blocked my ears and cried my eyes out. Poor little thing cried heaps. But she stopped crying almost immediately, and she was pretty good the rest of the day. She slept lots and only got a slight temperature that night. Gave her one dose of Panadol and she was fine. So don't worry too much. Sophie will do fine. It's us mums that are the sooks. I just feel bad for them cause they are completely oblivious to what's about to happen. Happily sitting there then we jab them haha. Feels so mean at the time. Just cuddle her lots afterwards. Oh ad try not to feed her too much before she gets the oral stuff. Cause some times they throw it up if they are too full. Helps to put them on the boob while they are getting the shots to calm them. But cause I had already fed Elly she didn't take the boob. And I was too scared to watch haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took Sophie to the doctor for her shots but they wouldn't give them to her as she was only 8 weeks old and hadn't reached her 2 calender month mark. She was only 3 days away from it but they said I had to bring her back this week instead so we are going back on Wednesday. I am taking my mum with me this time so we can share her pain. I can't bear to see her little face crumple when they give her the shot. I just want it over and done with now.

Sophie has been really good in the past week which I think is down to me being more in tune with her needs and starting to recognise her signs a bit better. I am even considering trying the IVF again in February to try for a brother or sister for Sophie! Am I crazy to do it so soon?