+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due July, August, September 2012 #2

Haha the same thing has happened with me. I don't know what position my boobs will be in from one day to the next. It's always popping out of E's mouth.

E tends to chuck little tantrums when she has a belly ache. She uses my boob for comfort and to help push her poo out, but she usually sucks a couple of times, screams, sucks, screams, then eventually she eats then does an epic poo!

Maybe she just has wind or a sore belly or something. It's hard when you don't know what's wrong though hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's quite funny because I'm walking around like a zombie most nights through lack of sleep and listening to the same relaxing pieces of music I have on my phone which seems to put her to sleep. I used to love that music but now I want to scream when I hear it for the 100th time that night! It no longer relaxes me put it that way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all!!
    just checking in to say hi :-)

I can't believe Piper is 2 weeks old already...it felt like time was dragging and the pregnancy was never going to end....and now it's already 2 weeks past. I still can't believe she is finally here....!

Its been lots of fun shopping for pink stuff this time around, although i have to say I almost prefer shopping for boys stuff.....it seemed easier. Maybe there's more choice/options for girls, I don't know....??

Hope everyone s well and enjoying motherhood xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not afraid to say I'm struggling a bit being a new mum. I had no idea it would be so hard. The daytimes are fine but I dread night times because it takes so long to settle Sophie especially as she fusses so much while breast feeding. I only had 2 hrs sleep last night and I spent the rest of the time feeding, changing nappies, settling and crying. Please tell me it'll get easier

Thanks
    Reviews

Klong - it does get easier hun. I had a pretty hard couple of weeks at the start. It's all your hormones adjusting plus your body getting used to the broken sleep.

Hang in there sweet, it does get better. Elly is sleeping really well now, self settles most of the time, and is finally having awake time where she is happy. And I never thought that would happen.

What is she like when you try and settle her? What have you tried?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all, I've been very quiet in here as I never have time to write!

Grace- I also had my bub Jesse, the same day you had your twins!! I was 36+4 and he weighed 2.360kg.

I hear you ladies about the broken sleep!!! Arghhhh it's driving me nuts. When do babies start to sleep longer?? Jesse wakes around 1-2am and it may take 20/30min to feed but takes hours to re settle him... So I'm usually up for 1.5/2hours then he wakes within 1/1.5 hours.. So I just pop him into bed with me for another hour before giving him his 6am feed.

How long do your babies stay awake for inbetween feeds? Jesse is all over the place however I found yesterday that if I put him back to bed about an hour after a feed, he falls asleep quite well.

So glad we are still posting in here coz I love to hear from other mums.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ange - elly is 5 weeks and has just started sleeping a little bit longer when she first goes to sleep. She usually goes down at 9.30, asleep by 10. Then she wakes at 3. Back to sleep about 3.30, wakes at 6 or 7, then back down again til about 9.

What do you do to settle him at night? Elly wasn't always like this believe me. She would take a lot longer to settle at the start. They are just trying to get used to everything.

Elly usually only has 2 hours max of awake time during the day. And that includes feeding. Usually about an hour and a half though. Once I started seeing her tired signs I cuddle her
    For a bit til she gets drowsy then i wrap her really snug so she can't move and startle herself, and she usually drifts off herself. Thats if I get to her before she's over tired. Otherwise i feed her to sleep haha.

Don't worry, it gets easier. Those first 3-4 weeks were the hardest.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Gemini.
    I sometimes give Jesse a bath, then a feed, then try to get him to bed but his screaming time is usually 7pm to 9/9.30pm so it feels like a waste of time. I just sing to him, rock him, pat his bum, wrap him tightly (like you)....
    Was Elly 5 weeks when she started falling into a routine? Jesse will be 5 weeks on Monday. Hoping we start to get more sleep in a few weeks time (or now if that's possible???)!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's normal for some babies to have a witching hour in the evenings, so maybe that's his crying time.

Yeah the first few nights we had elly home she slept from 11-5am. Then it went to waking every 3 hours, sometimes 2, but pretty much all this week she has started a good routine. It just came out of nowhere haha. I think it's hard before 6 weeks cause they go they a couple of growth spurts and all they want is food and cuddles.

I think they key is getting to them
    Before they get so tired they start screaming. Cause I've only just started recognizing when elly is ready for a sleep. But I still missed it today and she was a grumpy bum. Took me
    Forever to get her to sleep.

But good sleeping during the day makes for better sleeps at night. I've noticed that a lot with her.

It's hard work hey haha. I sooo didn't expect some of the stuff I've had to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sophie has given me the day from hell today!! She woke up at 7am and hasn't had a single big sleep all day! I even got in the bath with her tonight and she was so over tired that she fell asleep in the water in my arms but was obviously wide awake when it came time to get her out.

I feel like I'm in a catch 22 situation with breast feeding at the moment. She is becoming so fussy with latching on and getting so upset so I am having to express and feed it to her from a bottle which in turn is making it less likely that she will latch on next time I try to breast feed her. I really am so tired and upset that I can't just feed my baby normally. My mum keeps telling me to give up and start formula feeding her but I really wanted to breast feed until Christmas so she has the best start. I can cope with lack of sleep but this breast feeding has been trouble from day 1. It seems like 1 problem after another.