+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due July, August, September 2012 #2

Oh Elly can't sit up by herself yet but she wants to. Is always trying. Does the same as Sophie. Tries to get herself up all the time. But if I'm holding her sitting up, she still cracks it cause I'm helping lol.

I'm not sure how much tummy time you're meant to do. I always did about 5 mins a day in the beginning and she would do the same as Sophie. But now she loves it. But Elly sleeps on her belly too. Yep I know it's a big no no but she just doesn't sleep on her back at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gemini

Did you get added to the fb group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's ok then, I thought Sophie was behind on her progress because I hadn't been doing tummy time. I've started doing it now but did it this morning while she was in bed with me and she threw up all over my bed! Probably shouldn't have done it straight after a feed!

Thanks
    Reviews

No, haven't been added to Facebook yet

Haha yeah I have a habit of mucking around with Elly after a feed and she always chucks. She never seems to mind though lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just as I've got Sophie into a good routine, I think she's starting to teeth. She's stuffing her fist and her clothes in her mouth and dribbling really badly. She looks like I've chucked a bucket of water down her tops sometimes! It's one thing after another!

We'll be buying her a highchair and Bumbo seat with attached tray for Christmas this year since she's too little to understand Christmas. I've told all the family to buy useful things like nappies rather than toys. There'll be time for toys next Christmas. My house is full of toys as it is so really don't want anymore at the moment until she's had a chance to play with the ones she's got!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I know what you mean about Christmas. We are only getting her a couple of toys. We have already got everything useful thanks to hand me downs from friends, same with clothes, but she doesn't really have any toys. And I just told family to buy her books and puzzles or something.

Elly drools like crazy now too. Always blowing spit bubbles and eating her clothes or her daddies finger. I tried a teething ring the other day but she wasn't too interested. Just sucked cold water off it and was done.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and thanks ang for the add to Facebook. Does everyone know who everyone is ie their bubhub user names? Or do I just introduce myself on Facebook?

Thanks
    Reviews

Gemini- I do t know who is who From bub hub, but in sure there are some people in tere that might know a few people's bub hub names. I'm Angela newton (angenrod). No worries for the add, anyone else in here want to be added??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!!
    im still here too
    just been busy with my two terrors (including a DS2 who recently smashed one of his front teeth and had to have it removed under general anaesthetic... :-( )

Piper is 3 months old now and real sweetie. She is such a sociable little thing in a way her brother never was....it's great and I love it. Her sleeping has been pretty good since about 5-6 weeks - her long stretch seems to be about 8pm til 3am and then back down until 7am.....but that's about 4 nights out of 7 and the other 2-3 nights she will be up 2 or 3 times. She has nasty reflux which I think has impacted a little bit. Hasn't impacted her thriving and growing, it is just obviously painful for her. Got prescribed some Somac for her today....

has anyone tried/heard of/used it before? Looking for some info on its use in infants....

klong- DS was the same with tummy time - 2 thins helped with his - 1) get her to do tummy time lying on your belly/chest...or you laying on your back and put her on your legs, with her head hanging over your knees and her body laying along your shins. That counts...
    2) you can buy little playmats designed for tummytime (called tummy cruisers etc)with a support cushion that goes under their chest. Made a world of difference with DS.

also, would like to be added to the fb group too please!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi kseds- what's your name so I can search for u for the fb group? Maybe inbox me and give a description of your profile pic. Thanks