+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 - so sorry this month wasn't the one for you . I know for DH and I, even though we've never been able to conceive naturally we still try every month and it breaks my heart a little each time it doesn't happen. Good luck with this cycle - hope it's the magic one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone...

I haven't posted here but wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to know you all I am 30 (nearly 31), my husband is 31 (nearly 32) and we have been together for years years, ttc for nearly three. Tests turned up I have an AMH of less than one and DH's count is low.

I am currently taking DHEA to see if it improves my next cycle (last one cancelled by the clinic due to poor response - one ovary didn't react at all to the meds and only one follicle after taking 450 puregon and 250 orgalutran). I am feeling a bit like twiddling my thumbs waiting for the DHEA time period to be up but I definitely don't want another cycle like last

Thanks
    Reviews
    luckyme1-good luck on this cycle,what is the protocol this month ie. dose of FSH etc.?

Lissa81- welcome to our forum, hopefully we can be here to support & guide you through this journey. If you go back a few pages you will see thatI wrote about eggs coming in waves and your next round of waves that comes about every 3 months maybe a better one. Did you do an antagonist protocol last time? I have heard of someone becoming pregnant successfully with an undetectable AMH but I
    Think it took a few rounds of IVF.
    Afm,I overheard someone talking at my clinic about another patient getting 16 eggs at EPU And I was jealous! Isn't it ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

My protocol is 300 puregon and pregnyl every other day, then the orgalutran when they let me know.

I get so jealous, egg numbers, neighbors pregnancies. I wish the sadness and jealousy would end. Had it again today as neighbor is preggers with her second. Vsuccess first go for them and it took them nine months last time.

Hi lissa81 good luck and welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissa81 - Welcome to the group and good luck. Sucks to find out you have fertility problems when you're young but then on the other hand knowing now means that you have more time to try. I found out about my low AMH at 31 and have struggled with being a poor responder but as you can see from my signature I got my little miracle and am now hoping for one more. I've just had my first non-responsive cycle and hope it's like TTCno2 says, just a bad wave and the next wave will be better. How long have you been on DHEA and what dose are you taking?

TTCno2 - Not ridiculous at all! I remember coming out from my first EPU with a 3 written on my hand and the woman across from me had 10 on her hand - I was gutted. I still haven't made peace with the fact that I'll never get double digits and probably never get a frosty so I continue to be jealous of other people all the time (don't get me started on all the accidental pregnancies that seem to happen everywhere you look).

Luckyme1 - I hope this cycle is the one for you. I totally understand the sadness and jealousy. To be honest before DS I also had it towards people like me (doing IVF but already had success). It's interesting to be on the other side and be so grateful that I got my miracle but also feel so sad that I may never be able to give him a sibling.

AFM - had a BT today to check my progesterone to make sure I ovulated last week - hopefully all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hoping4more I hope your progesterone is looking good.

Feeling a bit sad this morning as I think this cycle is pointless turning 40 at the start. But cheered up when I received a bouquet of flowers from my buddy. And then my friend came over for a play date with her daughter, so that always cheers me up seeing my son happy and playing with a buddy. I am a lucky lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have people around me (not close family or friends) that can't help themselves but ask so are you pregnant yet or when are you going to have another one? Just because they've had 2,3or4 kids really easily. I know some just ask innocently but there are others who are competitive people and think that having more children makes them better than me. I hope I don't sound paranoid?! But they seem to ask every time I talk to them and I try to give the vibe that I don't want to talk about it but they just keep pursuing.
    My DD also asks me on a daily basis whether I have a baby in my tummy? she is at that very maternal stage(playing with her dolls etc) and most of the mummies in her child care have just had a baby or are pregnant so I feel the pressure all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa81 - Welcome, the ladies on here are great, very knowledgable and supportive.

Luckyme1 - We are only human. I think we all at times feel jealous. Hearing other people's success just highlights what we are striving for I guess. I have found for me that the jealousy has lessened. I still get pangs but I no longer let myself dwell on someone else's success as I don't have the energy for it anymore. Oh and Happy Birthday! x

HopingForMore - Hope the progesterone levels are looking good.

TTCno2 - This drives me mad too. I was in the queue at Target the other day and the lady in fron started talking to my DS. Then she commented how he cute he was etc and asked me how many other children I had. I said just the one and she told me I was really selfish and that children need siblings. I was gobsmacked. Didn't say anything as DS was there but so could have punched her. DS is also always asking me when we are going to have a baby. He has a blankie toy that he still sleeps with and recently has started calling him baby. Whenever we are out if there is a baby around he is all over it, wanting to hold it etc. It breaks my heart that I may not be able to make him a brother as he would be an amazing big brother.

AFM - Had an early stage blasty transferred yesterday. My only other embryo has stopped growing so the one on board is our last hope as we can not afford another cycle. I feel emotionally drained. I was so happy when we got 7 eggs, but then for only 2 to fertilise and now to be left with one is not leaving me with much hope. I know it only takes one but that's not helping me at the moment. I feel on the verge of tears constantly, how and I going to make it until Oct 5th for the blood test?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopingformore- how was your level? Did you ovulate?

Luckyme1-It is lovely that you are surrounded by such nice friends. Were the doses of meds the same as last time?

Littlefeet- when I was younger and did not know about fertility issues I always asked people why they did not have another one? But as you grow older & wiser you realize it is not as easy as all that. This woman should have known better and has no right to call you selfish. I know a few families who only have one child, whether it be because of financial, medical issues or just plain were happy to have one and have had a vasectomy so as not to have another one. But this woman who has no idea about your reason for not having another child. Your reasons are personal and she has no right to speak to you like this.
    Hope this one is a sticky one for you. Did they grade your blasty? What day did your other one stop growing? I know how you feel about only two fertilizing, I was more hopeful this time because I had more eggs too but only two fertilized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little Feet - congrats on being PUPO - I so hope this is the one for you! Wow that lady had some nerve - some people really shouldn't be allowed to open their mouth. It's one thing to ask the question but it takes it to a whole other level to judge you as selfish - what a cow! For your 2ww just take it one day at a time and distract yourself as much as possible.

TTCno2 - pressure sucks - hopefully you'll be able to tell your DD that you have a baby in your belly really soon.

Luckyme1 - Happy birthday - hope your birthday wishes bring you a BFP!

AFM - BT was fine apparently my progesterone level indicates I ovulated so now need to hope AF doesn't arrive. If no show by Wed next week then I can go in for a BT otherwise I don't need to bother - a bit different to IVF when I needed to go in even though I knew I wasn't pregnant. Trying not to think about it but can't help hoping that my crap cycle can turn into a little miracle (oh how fun it is to set yourself up to be crushed).