+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Congratulations ttc that's a great number of follies. Let's hope you get a good batch of eggs out of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - woohoo awesome numbers - they're all full of eggies that are great quality! Good luck for Monday.

AFM - spoke to my FS yesterday as one of the nurses suggested I still go ahead with EPU even though it looks like I'll only get one egg. I was thinking sure maybe why not but then the more I thought about it I was totally not happy with the idea of waking up from EPU with the number one or zero written on my hand. My FS told me that the studies show that women with one or two follicles are more likely to get pregnant doing IVF than doing IUI but she did acknowledge that my previous (crap) cycles were better than this one and hopefully next cycle my ovaries will respond (i.e. sounds like she thinks we should've just cancelled the cycle). Since I've had empty follicles before and this is my first unresponsive cycle we've decided to just do the IUI this time (cheaper and less emtional - once they put the sperm in that's it rather than the stress of knowing whether they got the egg, then if it fertilises and grows - this time round I'd rather keep my head in the sand). Maybe one day I'll go to EPU with one or two follicles but I don't think we're at that point yet.

I also asked her about increasing my dose of DHEA to 75mg (up from 50mg), she advised me that sometimes she's found increasing the dose of DHEA has oversuppressed the ovaries so she doesn't recommend it. Have you guys ever heard anything like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopingformore- I think I would have done the same if I only had one. My FS told me that they usually will do IVF if there is 2 or more because we were contemplating chaging to IUI last time.
    I think the DHEA may suppress the ovaries because it is partly converted to oestrogen. I only took 25 to 50mg daily. The theory behind DHEA is that you get less eggs but they are of better quality. Maybe now that is why I have more follicles this time because I have stopped DHEA! Tuesday we will know how many fertilised maybe that will give us an indication if the eggs are fine by stopping it. I will be the guinea pig for this group. Ha Ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    so 6 eggs collected but only 2 fertilised. If they both survive until Thurs it will be a day 3 transfer! So it looks like it makes no difference whether I am on DHEA or not. I have never had a blasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - Does your clinic give you the option to go to blasty? My FS told me that if we get less than 4 eggs she would recommend a 3 day transfer but anything over 4 they would grow to blast. She then said we have the option to grow to blast if we have less than 4. She wouldn't have even wanted to go for EPU if there were less than 3. I hope that both your's stay strong and that one of them is THE one. When I had a 2 day transfer last time I started a thread about it and lots of ladies replied saying they got pg with a 2 day so it can happen. Best of luck to you.

to everyone else. I haven't been on this thread recently but following along. I recognise a lot of you from other threads or previous cycles.

I have EPU tomorrow. Scan showed 6 good sized follies so lets see what we get. That would be more than last time so if it is, I can put it down to the higher dose of Gonal F, DHEA and Melatonin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - so sorry that you're only working with two - I know it really sucks to have so few, it seems impossible that they will make it but they can and they do, you just need the right one. If it offers you any hope, my DS came from a cycle where we got 3 eggs, only 2 fertilised and they transferred one on day two as I'd had very little success with going to blasty (previously had a compacting morula and an early blasty transferred in cycle 1 and 2 respectively). Essentially they were just trying to make sure I made it to transfer for my mental health - as it turned out that little four cell embryo that could is now the most beautiful little 8 month old boy. Wishing you every success and hoping your bubba is one of those two embies.

Jury is out on DHEA for me too - still give it another cycle or two before throwing in the towel but it seems to have worked wonders for some others.

Little Feet - good luck for EPU tomorrow hope you get six lovely mature eggies! Hopefully DHEA is being a wonder drug for you.

AFM - had the IUI procedure yesterday - pretty easy, quite similar to an ET. Learnt some interesting things about sperm and the cervix. Apparently the cervix can only hold 0.2ml but ejaculate is usually 3-5ml (hence the wet patch). Also the sperm they insert looks so different to what I'm used to after doing the BD, it's basically pure sperm and it's lovely and clear. The nurse kept holding the test tube in her hand to keep them nice and warm - was kind of funny. Not feeling like this will be the one for us but you never know it all depends on whether the egg (if there was one) was good quality. I go back for a blood test next week just to make sure I ovulated (if I didn't what a complete waste of time and money). Now I'm in the two week wait but unfortunately can't claim to be PUPO as no guarantee of an embie - hoping to just ignore the time and not get too gutted with a BFN (we've never been able to get pregnant naturally so I don't really see how IUI will work). Anyway there's enough to keep me busy at the moment both DS and DH are sick so I'm running around like a mad woman trying to keep everyone happy (only just recovered from a cold myself).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HopingForMore For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - how are you going? Thinking of you?

HopingForMore - that sounds really interesting. I am praying so hard for you that this works, it is such an emotional and financial strain, I'm with you on that. This will be our last cycle as we can't afford another, so let's hope it works. When is your BT?

AFM - had EPU yesterday and we got 7 eggs! Can't believe it. Still waiting for that call to see how many embryos we now have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I had two embryos put back in today so we just have to wait & see.
    thanks for all your support I love reading your messages.
    Little feet, how are your embies? Myclinic would be ok if I wanted to do a day 5 transfer but they advised me to do day 3 as they believe they have a nicer environment on the inside than in a petrie dish. If I had 3 or more they would have let it go to blasts.
    luckyme1 - what is the latest with you?
    Hopingformore- good luck,are you on progesterone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little Feet - 7 eggs - that's awesome - I hope they all fertilised and make lovely little embies!

TTCno2 - I was put on low dose pregnyl after my first failed cycle (which means no early POAS for me otherwise I would get a false positive). I'm happy with it because it is just two shots (one last night and one on Sat) with no real side-effects. I was on crinone first time round and found it rather gross (especially towards the end when it has really backed up in your system and comes out in yucky clumps). Congrats on the two embies, so great they made it to day 3 and congrats on being PUPO!!!

Luckyme1 - how are you going?

AFM - just doing my thing - the pregnyl last night stung when I was injecting - I think after having a few days without shots I'm going soft! Also, can't wait for DH to get better - I'm getting a taste of single mumdom and I don't know how they do it - I'm exhausted!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well hi again. Great news on having two transferre ttcno2. Good luck.

Well AF arrived today, had a cry cos the natural way didn't work, but it was really hard to pick o day this cycle as it was a week late, and I thought it was a Thursday and then maybe Saturday but we didn't Dtd on sat and sun , just Friday and too tired as we Dtd for two weeks every other day. Anyways blood test tomorrow and pick up meds
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 20-09-2012 at 22:05.