+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for joining us Hopingformore. You are still young so I would be hopeful of your eventual positive outcome.
    So I've started sniffing today, I hate the taste of the Synarel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - can you tell my ovaries that? I have ovaries that behave like a woman in her mid-40s but I'm hoping since I've done it once, with persistance I can do it again.

I haven't had the pleasure of Synarel - most people really seem to hate it - I'm just doing Lucrin (10 units) and Puregon this cycle (450 units). Hopefully make it to EPU around 17 Sep.

I noticed your signature and I'm sorry to see you have experienced so many miscarriages - must have been so hard to deal with - I really feel for you. I hope this cycle is your lucky one!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hopingformore. I also have ovaries that are in their mid forties and they say that is why I have had recurrent miscarriages. I think my EPU will be around 17th too! I am dreading my scan on Fri as it will probably be only a few eggs too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Hi hoping and ttc,

So we're in the crappy eggs group. Let's hope we can do it again too.

Ttc, I thought low amh didn't cause miscarriage, that was what I was told anyway, but maybe my doc is wrong.

Feeling a bit crampy today so maybe I'm out for this month. Got my paperwork for my next cycle so we will fill out and start in about two weeks. I'll be doubling the amount of the trigger so hoping that will help me get more eggs, we had seven follies but only 3 eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews

Laned: FANTASTIC news!!!!

I hope everyone else is ok

AFM: a BFN yesterday. But we're happy because we got one frozen 4BB blasty! On Monday I'm having a lipidoil flush, hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy. Then when my period starts again I'll be doing a cycle of saizen and I'm also taking melatonin. This is in top of Luveris, DHEA and everything else. I swear I rattle when I walk. It'll be another fresh cycle to see if we can increase egg quality.
    Last edited by KandP; 08-09-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP - so sorry to hear about your BFN . Good luck for Monday, hope all goes well and congrats on the frostie - that's a great achievement!

TTCno2 - scans suck - always so disappointing. I start to get in a negative thought spiral about how unfair it is, how can others do this so easily. Be nice to go to a scan have follies in the double digits and collect more than 10 eggs at EPU (I can dream).

Luckyme1 - seven follies and three eggs sounds like my every cycle. I've never been close to getting as many eggs as follicles (they're my false hope follicles - I've now learnt to ask questions about estrogen levels so that I can have a better indication of likely number of eggs). Hopefully next cycle is going to be your magic one!

AFM - just jabbing and waiting for my scan on Monday - oh please let me have some follies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    So had mu first scan prior to starting FSH. And it looked maybe more promising than last time but who knows how many will grow. Will let you know numbers after Tues scan. MY FS didn't think much of my suggestions although he siad he will go along with whatever I wanted. I think he finds me annoying with all my ideas! So Iam on 450 u of FSH and no Luveris

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1- This is how I think I have understood the link about low AMH & miscarriages. If you have a carton of eggs and six have gone off than you are more likely to pick an off egg than if you had 3 dozen eggs and six had gone off. So with low AMH it indicates low number of eggs that are left over and when we are trying to conceive we are much more likely to have an egg that is of low quality that will end in miscarriage. BUt low AMH cannot tell us the quality of any one individual egg. I hope I have helped to explain it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wish you weren't right ttc, but your explanation sounds very plausible. Ah well, nothing we can do about it anyway. Just gotta keep trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So no good news here - I've had the worst cycle ever and due to my exceptionally poor response (my estrogen levels indicate I'm only going to get one egg) I've been given the option of either cancelling or converting to IUI. Since we're throwing money down the drain, DH and I have decided to go with the IUI even though it is only marginally better than doing the deed ourselves. Feeling really gutted, I know I'm a poor responder but this is just cruel. I can't believe I'm 33 and it may already be too late. So sad right now.

Hope everyone else is well and getting some better results!