+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP-How did your d5 emryos look today? Any transfers? I have heard that even if they don't look crash hot they can still eventuate to a baby .Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

That's so true ttcno2, I am such a how can I fix this kinda girl. It's so frustrating.

I try and stay focused on today and now like having fun with bubby. I still am sad about this, don't want it and wish it were different, but i know i am doing everything i can. I try and focus on being present and mindful. Which sometimes doesn't work. But it works sometimes. Love chasing after and playing with my bubba too so focusing on that helps.

Stupid me also worries what people think of us or will think of ds being an only (so far), but I think when most people know they are pretty sympathetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 -so good to hear about your Private Health rebate

TTCno2 - thank you for asking I had a early blastocyst and a morula transferred today. The Blasty was rated at 2DD (not good, i know, but the scientist also explained that because it wasn't a full blasty yet, she actually couldn't grade it properly - maybe she was just being lovely, i don't know).

Anyway, i had a bit of a cry in the theatre and i made the poor scientist cry. She's an absolute gem; so lovely and caring. Aside from the emby quality, it was an all-round good experience. They are so so nice. What matters is that i have two little embies on board, and i pray they are snuggling in.

I've also decided to have a crack at acupuncture this week. I didn't go before/after ET, but thought a few sessions during the TWW can't hurt. I need to post in the Brisbne thread asking if anyone knows any clinics in the CBD.

As an aside, Wazza, the scientist, DH & I also discussed my emby issue - it's definitely a quality issue, so next round we're going to stay on DHEA, and try Saizen to see if that works. We may then try 1 or 2 more rounds of IVF but if that doesn't work, we'll go straight into donor eggs or embryos. Wazza said that it could also be a sperm issue, as DH has usable sperm but not the best. There is a seminar next month with a Dr from Argentina that we're going to go to.

I hope everyone else is AOK. I'm feeling not too bad, considering. I had a dream last night that I had identical twin girls - with huge blue eyes like DH. I couldn't remember which one was which, so put one in a striped onesie and one in a spotty onesie, awww. I woke up feeling much happier this morning and i'm really trying to keep that feeling. Going to keep myself busy over the next couple of weeks; we have friends visiting from interstate and i'm going to get busy with making some jewellery for myself I'll also get the camera out and take a walk around the neighbourhood.

Thanks
    Reviews

KandP it's not over yet, you still may get a bfp even though your embryo wasn't perfect. Mine was perfect last time and it still ended in a chemical.

It is hard decision to make to move to donor eggs and that is plan b for us too. I think it's a good decision as getting all those negative tests is so hard on the soul. You'll have much better chances with donor eggs and when you hold the baby it will still have your blood skin and bones and if you use donor eggs it will be your dh's genes as well.

We're in this together and let's hope we can get the results we dream about.

Hope you can survive the two week wait and keep busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI ladies,had a lovely day at the beach yesterday which really took my mind of all this stuff. Sometimes I feel as though it will be fine if we don't have another one but other times I really yearn for another child. We have decided if our IVf doesn't work than that will be it for us.
    KandP Did you do IVF or ICSI considering your DH MFI? As ICSI would be better in that circumstance. Your AMH is great I think both LUckyme1 & I would be jumping for joy with your AMH as ours is about 1 and probably when I conceived my DD it would have been 2-3. Wil you do a hpt on Sat week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

My news is not good... I had a bio chemical...

It was my 40th birthday on friday - when I found out the results... what a horrible day... My DH was very sweet and tried his hardest to make me have a nice day...I am lucky to have him.

I am so scared that my dream to be a mum will never come true... The doctors tell me that it is a good thing that I was pregnant for 7 weeks and I need to continue trying...my gp said to try to relax as stress is a hinderance...how do I relax when i may not have many eggs left..?

Does anyone know of a success story after 5 failed ivf cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katfer, you are so close - it's so unfair. 4 miscarriages is so hard. Do you mind me calling your biochemical pregnancy a miscarriage? That's what my FN told me a biochemical was a very early miscarriage.

Forgot what your GP told you, he or she is an idiot. Of course TTC is stressful, but it won't stop you getting pregnant being stressed. Women get pregnant in war zones. But it's not good for you to be stressed cos this is a **** process, and you need to get through it somehow.

I'm sorry I don't know of anyone who's had a success story after 5 failed cycles, but that doesn't mean there isn't people out there who have got pregnant on the sixth. I would be guided by your doctor and whether you personally want to keep going.

Good luck and we're here for you.

I'll be 40 in 4 weeks too, let's be the fabulous 40 club...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

katfer  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Kafter,
    It is horrible & so unfair what you have had to endure.
    But I have found lots of cases (through reading sites) about women who have fallen pregnant after many IVF failure. I have heard from one FS of getting the woman preg after I think 10 or 12 rounds of IVF so don't give up hope. The only thing is how many failures can you & your DH handle emotionally and financially.
    If you are going to do this again than I would recommend to prepare yourself mentally for BCP/MC that way you will be less disappointed, that is how I think I will approach it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TTCno2 For This Useful Post:

katfer  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

The other thing I was going to say is has the doctor raised donor eggs with you, that is an option for you when you are ready to stop trying with your eggs.

There are other options out there like long term foster care and donor eggs that you can think of as your back up plan if you don't have success with Ivf.

I really, really hope you do and I'm wishing and praying for you that sixth time is lucky.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

KandP  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP & Kafter- How are you both?

Luckyme1- When do you start next IVf round? I am starting mine next week