+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Feeling a bit better everyday. We will try again. I don't think I can do more than 4 cycles, and then I want to try donor eggs. But I will be guided by FS. So we will do another cycle in September. (end).

Trying to enjoy my DS and not worry about him being an only..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I hope everyone is ok <3

AFM - EPU went ok - i was in a lot more pain than the first time, I woke up and was in tears within 5 mins. All on the left side; It settled down but then when i got home it flared up again so i decided to take an extra day and i'll be back at work tomorrow.

Stats for this round so far:

14 eggs
    6 mature, all fertilised.
    Day 2: 2 x 2 cell, 3 x 4 cell and 1 x 5 cell. All are grade 3 except 1 of the 4 cells which is grade 2

Our nurse said she was pleased and that the embryos are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

My stats for last time:

9 eggs, 5 mature, 3 fertilised. by the end we had 1 blastocyst CC grade and 1 morula which wasn't the best and one that hadn't reached morula but was a grade 2. No frosties.

I'm hoping with everything that the 2.5 months on DHEA and the CoQ10 i was on, and the shot of Luveris i had might get us over the line.

I'm not getting my hopes up and really really REALLY trying not to think about it too much. It was all i could think about last time and it messed me up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

KandP - you e so lucky - great amount of eggs... well done...! when is the transfer? Will you transfer 2...?

Luckyme1 - I think you should give your DS extra cuddles...he will have a brother or sister soon but in the mean time enjoy his company...

Nessika - hi cycle buddie...are you nervous for Friday...? i am... I wish you lots of luck and

AFM - bt on friday - on my 40th birthday... I am trying not to worry but I am worried... I am concerned b/c on sunday my breasts were full and tender and then on monday they were conciderably less full and tender...this is really worrying... my reserve is getting low, I don't know how many more cycles I can do... I hope this will be the one...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Kafter: if all goes to plan, ET is Saturday and I'll transfer 2

Thanks
    Reviews

Katfer, keeping everything crossed for you. KandP you too, great results, I hope I can improve mine for the next one.

Starting to feel better and less sad. But still had a little cry today. I know all you ladies feel the same as me, why me, this is unfair, how the hell did I get here. Third miscarriage, am I kidding myself trying to get preggers at 39, soon to be 40.

I wouldn't be trying this late for my second child if my first husband hadn't misled me about wanting to start a family. At 32 I wanted to start and starting pushing for us to start. We fought heaps about it and he begged me for two more years, I said me being 34 was our deadline, which I kept reminding him about over the next 18 months. But then when the crunch came, when i turned 34 he turned around and said he didn't want kids.

Marriage over. Always beat myself up still why I waited for him, how foolish was I to trust him. I should have insisted more, my mum thinks I gave him too much time, but why didn't she say so at the time, instead of seven years later.

Luckily met my now wonderful DH and we started trying a month before my 37th birthday. Eight months later and two miscarriages conceived my beautiful ds. Started trying for our second straight away (period didn't come back for ten months cos of breast feeding). find out I have a Low AMH of 1. Ten months later, first Ivf and a chemical preg, and early miscarriage, I despair that we can do it again, scared that Ivf is a waste of time and my eggs are kapput. But FS thinks we should keep trying and doesn't think we need donor eggs yet, but it's a good plan b.

Question I have for the thread. How many cycles should I go through before I should think of plan b. god the expense as well. Just found out today that our health fund won't pay for my in hospital treatment cos clinic is not registered with bupa. But September it may be, argh so expensive.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 24-08-2012 at 07:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1-Be thankful that you did not stay in that relationship for longer and wasted more time. You may have had more kids with you ex but he doesn't sound like the kind of man you should have had kids with and it may have ended up in divorce and that is so hard as I have heard through friends who have been divorced with kids.
    Anyhow, I also have a low AMH, similar to yours and I have decided to give it 4 goes. IVF Number one was a BFN with none left for storage, so probably will do no2 in SEP. We can be buddies together as we both have one child and have similar histories in terms of age and MC etc. I have so many days where I burst into tears and others where I feel almost human.Also remember to keep trying naturally as your one good egg may come along betwwn IVF cyles. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    So i got some not so good news about my day 4 embryos. All have dropped to grade 2, there is one morula but it's been graded as "poor" and one compacting embryo which they can't grade. The rest are either 12 or 14 cell at grade 2. This is what happened last time, they get to day 4 and they start degrading *sigh*. I mean, i'm happy that we got more eggs this time and the fert rate was better but yeah, the growth is not good. I guess we just wait to see what happens tomorrow at ET.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so much ttcno2, you have made me feel so better. Just that i'm not alone in this.

You're right about hubby it was worth the wait, the other would have been a terrible father an we would have ended up divorced anyway.

I have said four cycles in my head and looks like we will be cycling together in September. Let's hope we get utd soon.

KandP I'm so sorry, that is so stressful. Hopefully they will get to transfer, fingers and toes crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ttcno2, I know what you mean about on and off crying, I'm the same. Let's pray the crying will stop cos we're preggers.

Good news, just changed health funds so it means we will save $1400 for the next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1- That's great about the cost sI hope I'll stop crying because I don't think I've ever cried so much over such a long period. I am generally a happy easygoing kind of person but with all this stuff I feel so out of control and it is very different to other aspects of life where if you really want something and try hard enough you will get there. My FS says that I am doing all that I can and is very hopeful. He also says to put everything into perspective and make sure my relationship withDH & DD is not ruined throughout all this saga. Now it is the weekend so I am going to have fun with my family