+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome girls, I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and am really hoping we will only be here for a really short time. It will just be good to share the journey with others who are in the same boat as we have not told anyone that we are doing IVF.

Nessika - I have not been tested for NK cells as yet I am only just started to read up about it since I had the 2nd chemical but I may ask my FS about it. Is it just a blood test?

Hopingformore- I should be starting mid to late Jan, I was hoping to get another cycle in before xmas but that didnt happen thanks to a late AF and the clinic is closed until early Jan, but I will start on OCP this month to time the cycle so I can have my biopsy as soon as the clinic opens after christmas and then hopefully start a few weeks later. Yeah for a cycle buddy!

TTCno2- Apparently Elonva is fairly new to Aus, it is used a lot overseas. It is only 1 injection on day 3 which gives your ovaries a good kick start and then you have a scan after 7 days and then you can be topped up with Gonal F if needed until the trigger. I think the uterine scrapping and the pippelle are the same, it was described to me a a bit like a painful pap smear which causes slight trauma to aid implantation on the next cycle. Does that sound like what you had.

I am currently doing acupunture and chinese herbs while I wait. My FS is happy for me to use DHEA but is not convinced that it does anything, he thinks I may get a better response but it wont improve the quality so I am not sure whether to use it...the side effects dont sound appealing.

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - I understand the desire for some frosties but a blasty and morula transfer is awesome and you should have a really good shot at a BFP from those little embies!!!

Luckyme1 - I'm not sure about your fertilisation rates but I think they fall into the normal range. Take heart though as I recently read about a woman that got nine eggs but only one fertilised and she got a BFP off that one embie!

wagonwheel - what city are you in? I'm in Sydney and am starting to think about a 2nd opinion and am interested in FS that are willing to try new things (yours sounds like he is one of those). Be good to have a cycle buddy!!!

Nessika - how did ET go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopingformore That's a cool story about BFP after only 1 egg fert. from 9 I'm in Sydney too, you should join us on the Syd thread. There are quite a few girls who are finally UTD or new mums b/c of changing protocols etc. I know what you mean about Dhea it hasn't appeared to do much for me but at least you know it didn't hurt you with your BFP which is encouraging.

Wagonwheel I just had the b/t for NK cells but I've read that you can do more invasive testing too. In my case it was borderline for having an issue so FS has given extra support in the form of progesteron pessaries and daily Clexane injections. I don't react well to Dhea the pimples were the least of my worries although I did definitely get a few rippers when usually have clear skin. I swear it makes me more aggro and gives me insomnia. Make sure you get the 25mg dose so you can gradually increase to 75mg. Everyone is different other ladies get greasy skin and hair loss but not the mental issues

Luckyme I guess it's all relative to me 4 eggs is fantastic but I understand your disappointment. It's exciting to have a nice amount to pick from - hope all 4 are dividing beautifully for you

TTCno2 Congrats on being PUPO with twins! That does sound like a good chance for you this time. Hey re the comments on size post birth what is with that? Our society is so judgemental I couldn't believe some of the comments I received even within in weeks of having a baby. A friend recently pointed out that whilst I look good now I wasn't a yummy mummy like the skinny ones she sees on the beach - Ouch.

AFM PUPO from yesterday with a Day 3, 6 cell emby. If this doesn't work I'm going to get back into life again all this TTC & IVF has taken over my life, have become a hermit. I want to get back into being fit and having fun again. Of course I have fun with my DD but you know all the other stuff that doesn't revolve around this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Thanks Nessika, you're right I should be happy with four. I just want it to be better than the last two times so one in the freezer or transferring two would be great.

Congratulations on being PUPO, I hope it works for you.

Wagonwheel I'm on dhea and I have had had no side effects from it.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 08-12-2012 at 06:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Nessika on PUPO. I will also take abreak from all this IVF stuff if it doesn't work because it does take over my life and makes me miserable and I am generally a happy person.
    Luckyme1,I got a 40% and 50 % fertilization in last two cycles and embryos have developed well although at different rates.
    Hopingformore & Wagonwheel- good luck in Jan cycles
    As for Dhea I found that I had between 50mg to 75mg daily and I get the hair loss but I'm not bold yet I did get pimples the first time around but this time I think because I've been on oestrogen it has counteracted that and my skin has never looked better. MY FS still has me on oestrogen and progesterone tablets until my blood test! Yes the pipelle is the same thing as my scratching but I had it under general anesthetic.

Thanks
    Reviews

Found out yesterday we have six embryo's now! So happy. They are between 7 and 10 cells. Happy happy. Transfer tomorrow if BT is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW WOW WOW LUckyme1- Congrats. You will definitely have some to freeze. How did they get form 4 fertilised to 6? Did some split into two?
    You must be so stoked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky that is great news - you must be thrilled! Yeah let us know how you went from 4 to 6?

Thanks
    Reviews

They just didn't tell us the other two had fertilised until day 3 as they weren't sure they were going to make it. We now have two in the freezer and are PUPO with one and hope to get preggers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls sorry been MIA but I have been on nights for the last 4 days and only now just caught up on sleep and home life.
    Hoping forMore, I am in Melbourne but I travel to Ballarat to see Dr Dalton who is lovely and willing to try new things although he has suggested egg donor but I am not willing to give up on my own eggs yet!
    Nessika and TTCno2, how is the 2ww going, any symptoms, are you planning on testing before your blood test.
    Luckyme1, congrats on being PUPO, and yeah for the 2 frosties, I hope you are coping with the 2ww.
    AFM, still doing acupunture and Chinese herbs and trying together my body healthy before I start again but it is soo hard before Christmas too many temptations
    take care girls.