Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Day 5 is good..

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Girls,
    Mind If I join this thread,I have been a bit of a lurker for a year or so and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am just waiting to start my fourth cycle in the New Year and feel like I could do with a little support from all the great ladies on here. Briefly I am a poor responder, my biggest haul was 4 eggs on my first cycle which was a down reg, 100% fertilization, transferred 1, with none to freeze, which ended in a chemical, second cycle was a flare which was cancelled due to poor response, and my last cycle (oct) was another down reg with ICSI where we got 3 eggs but only 1 was fertilized with ICSI and again ended in a chemical. SO onwards and upwards to the next cycle which will be sometime in Jan. The plan is to do an antagonist cycle with elonva and (?)luveris with a pipelle biopsy on day 21 of the cycle before.
    Any advice you ladies can pass on would be awesome.
    Fingers crossed 2013 is a lucky year.
    Not sure how to create a signature but I am 40 and my partner is 35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 for EPU today!! (Yes 34hrs for shorter trigger time for me as well) Let us know how you go.

TTCno2 Lots of for your transfer for a great blasty on board sometime today.

Wagonwheel hope we can be supportive during this difficult time - God knows we feel your pain too. I'm reluctant to offer advice as I'm not an expert -was just wondering by your history of chem pregnanies if you had your NK cells tested? GL for Jan

Hopingformore Thanks for popping in to wish us luck, hope you are OK hon

AFM Monday afternoon after EPU they confirmed 3 of 4 were mature, yesterday was called to say only 1 had fertilised, 1 was trying and the other had disintergrated. I've lost my positive feeling now - will do a day 3 transfer tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

I got nine eggs, 2 might be immature but so happy!!

Nessie we only need one embryo...

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome wagon wheel, it's a hard road but hopefully you can get there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lucky Well done! That would feel like winning the lotto getting 9 eggs - hope you get a fantastic fert. rate too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTCno2 - good luck for transfer!!!

Luckyme1 - Woohoo - 9 eggs is amazing - now bring on an awesome fertilisation rate. Did you do anything different this cycle?

Nessika - don't lose hope, you and I both know you only need one! I've got everything crossed for you.

wagonwheel - welcome to the thread! I'm so sorry that you have to join us, being a poor responder is a hard slog but with persistance I hope you can also get your miracle bub. I haven't done much of anything interesting with my cycles (never done a down reg as my FS thinks it would shut down my ovaries too much but it is on my list to try if my next cycle is as crap as my last two). I was on DHEA when I got a BFP with my son but not totally convinced it got me that result as I did not have any improvement to quantity or fertilisation rates (but maybe it did get me a better quality embryo - we'll never know which is why I'm back on DHEA again). It sounds like your FS is willing to try different things with you which is great. I wish you every success and hope that your stay on this thread is a short one. Maybe we'll cycle together in Jan, I think I'll be starting IVF #7 in mid-late Jan.

AFM - nothing to really report. Thought I'd try taking my temp each day to see what it tells me about when I ovulate but not really expecting any natural miracles as there as been plenty of opportunity over the years for that but I've still got to try!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi hoping

We did growth hormone and a 34 hour trigger this time.

A natural miracle would be nice wouldn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Wagowheel, I hope we can be a poistive support to you. I know these ladies have definitely been there for me in times when I have felt no one could understand but as everyone is going through the same thing we can empathise with you whole heartedly. I am not sure about Elonva as I have not used it but in my last cycle I used Luveris and that was ok- The only issue wit Luveris is trying to mix it up so it is more fiddly, not as easy as Gonal F where you just dial up the dose. Also not sure what a pipelle is I had a scratching and hysteroscopy done about day 21 before this cycle. Is it the same thing?

Nessika- It is disappointing to go from 3 to 1. Have you considered letting this one go to blasty? I know some people say it is better back in your body(as i did this in my 1st two cycles) but in this last cycle I decided it was better to wait and be diappointed that it may not make it to blasty rather than go through the 2WW... Anyway, just some food for thought. Wishing you lots lots of on this transfer.

Luckyme1- wondeful outcome, may they all fertilise and grow.

Hopingformore- Keep your chin up and remain positive. The only positive out of your BFN is that you can eat and drink what you like during Xmas. I know you would swap that in a flash for a BFP but you can take joy in this for now and move onwards and upwards in Jan. My mother said to me if it is BFN this time at least my figure will look alrightbecause I looked too chubby after my last pregnancy and I am only staring to look alright now!!!! What does one say to that?!!
    AFM- They put back 1 blasty and 1 morula yesterday, not feeling too hopeful. I wish I'd had some to freeze.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, so they icsi'd 8 and 4 fertilised. A bit disappointed with a 50% fertilisation rate. Does anyone know if that's good or bad?

Ttc, two put back is great, I'd like to do that too. I know it's disappointing to not have any to freeze but if this works you won't care!