+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 - good luck, hope you're wrong about AF!

TTCno2 - I asked my FS about estrogen priming. She's not a fan as she doesn't believe in "shutting down" the ovaries of poor responders (i.e. doing the long cycles where you're on BCP before starting). She said that she's only had one success with estrogen priming and prefers to use DHEA for poor responders (I didn't ask her how many babies she's made with DHEA).

AFM - had my FS appointment yesterday. Not much to say, we're going to do the same this upcoming cycle and hope I respond this time. We discussed that I probably should have waited a month before starting the last cycle (hindsight is 20/20 but I had an unusual amount of spotting for a week prior to AF when I started my failed cycle), next time I'll be sure to discuss any concerns with my FS before just blindly going ahead if my BT results are ok (she thinks that my hormones might have been out of whack that month which may have stuffed me up for the cycle). Anyway, hoping this time round we'll have a better outcome - all things going to schedule I'm due for AF late next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Hope you are all well.
    Luckyme1- I hope the fact that we haven't heard from you means that you have some good news but if not we are here for you.
    hopingformore - thanks for asking about the oestrogen priming. I hope this cycle is much better for you, stay positive and assess things as it goes.
    AFM- I am going to get another opinion from a FS not that I don't like mine but I just want to see if another reputable FS may have different protocol to offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Unfortunately our last cycle didn't work. It was a bfn after transferring one embryo on day three. Devastated, picking ourselves up now and will go again two more times but I don't have much hope.

saw counsellor yesterday though who was helpful, she suggested to start looking for a donor amongst our friends as a back up, so it gives them time to process the news. Such a scary process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1- I am so so sorry about your BFN. It is devastating and horrible. Keep yourself busy though, I find that helps the most and go on mini breaks or day trips with your family (over the weekend) it allowes you to enjoy what you already have. I have done this a few times over the last few months and I am more positive about the future even with the thought that it may only ever be the three of us.
    AFM- I did an early POA and it was BFN so the IUI didn't work although I wasn't very hopeful. We saw the other FS yesterday and he had a very interesting protocol to offer (although no guarantees) it is a agonist/antagonst micro cycle with oestrogen priming. This is a lot more drugs and a much longer cycle starting with the contraceptive pill for a few weeks and than starting the other drugs. So we are mulling it over and maybe considering doing it with new FS this time. It is worth a shot!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Hi everyone

Ttc Thankyou for your kind words. We're off for a much needed break to the Gold Coast, so sun baking and warm weather awaits. Hooray.

Feeling a bit better today and off to do our foster care training tonight, hooray!

So sorry about your bfn. Your new FS sounds great and good that he has some new ideas. Good luck.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 24-10-2012 at 15:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 - Have a wonderful time, you deserve it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for the BFNs, it's so hard as every month and every cycle we have hope as it really could happen, then it all comes crashing down - so disappointing.

Luckyme1 - enjoy your holiday and hope the foster care training went well.

TTCno2 - be interested to see how your cycle goes if you give the new protocol a try. My FS is worried about shutting the ovaries down but there does always seem to be the exception and it can work for poor responders. If it works for you we may look into it for another cycle.

AFM - about to try again, just waiting for AF to start, with my luck it'll be Sunday (I seem to need to start everything on day 1 for best results and my clinic isn't open on sundays). We can go ahead with a Sun start but will start drugs on day 2 (depending on BT results - hoping for good ones).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopingformore- it looks like you & I get our cycles at the same time! But this will be changed with new FS's recommendations, as he wants me on the contraceptive pill for just over two weeks and than have an AF! He has me on a array of alternative meds (~10) from now until EPU and so many other drugs plus four injectable ones during stimulation phase! I think I will need time off from work just to do the cycle!!!
    I hope this cycle works out for you. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor Responders Using Luveris, DHEA etc #11

Good luck you two. I see my doctor on the 8th, fingers crossed she says we can still get pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I just saw the KandP has a BFP. That is wonderful news. I hope she still reads our thread.
    KandP, did you use growth hormone in this last cycle?