Closed Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

About dummies, I don't want to use one only because of the dramas down the track when the child needs to have it. Lol call me slack I just don't want to have to deal with my child fighting with me and especially if I have a baby that the older child will be taking their dummies and upsetting younger one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so mixed! I've been reading that some babies have stronger sucking reflexes than others that breastfeeding might not fulfill their sucking needs as such so a dummy would be a great alternative.

In saying that I agree with the whole parting with the dummy thing I've seen my friends go through it and seems to be a nightmare...

"They" who ever "they" are, say that if you use a dummy you should cease its use by one year old...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I guess that stuff will come to me and bubs when he or she arrives - just like to be prepared ; ) Same convo goes for types of bottles if I need to mix feed or whatever - the brand etc - so many different ones but I guess it's what the baby likes when it's born so best not to go out and buy a whole sterilizer system etc until babies born or do you need one from birth just in case you can't breastfeed???

Thanks
    Reviews
    With Dummies I reckon wait and see what type of baby you have... I am not for or against it, more whatever works!

Same with bottles really, I have been told by a few friends and my sisters that each baby will prefer different types of bottles so just trial and error till you find what works... same with feeding, if I produce enough milk breastfeeding that is great, but if not then I don't have an issue topping up with formula... whatever makes my baby happiest!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

I bf but still had bottles for when I expressed ( do like a beverage every bow and then he he ). Ds would only suck from the Tommie tippi ones ( that look like a boob). As he got older we got some advent one which were a better size to lug around but we found that you really had make sure they were done up right cause they leaked easy. Just our experience anyway so much you as you said probably best to wait and see also. Or get one of each until you try them before you buy more.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaebyrd View Post
    Nicsta83, your issues with your stepson are a carbon copy of mine!! It's tough work!
    Sure is tough sometimes more than others. You just wonder if it is ever going to end. Being a step parent must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. How old is your stepson? Does he have brothers or sisters?

Thanks
    Reviews

I heard on the grapevine that tommy tippee had finished up as all the products went on massive clearance to get rid of them. Also all our family claimed the Tommy tippee leaked and advent were awesome. Lol. I want to express and have all my bottles a mix of tommy tippee and advent.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting I would be surprised if Tommy Tippee were finishing up as they are like number one bestseller I know in the UK, maybe not so many buyers in Australia

I want to BF as much as I can but will obviously need bottles for if and when I need to express - I do like the shape of the Tommy Tippee's closer to nature range...

I think I will just bite the bullet and get a steriliser and starter kit for whichever brand I choose later and then if bubs doesn't like it, will just have to change to another bottle or teat and make sure they fit in the steriliser I guess!! But if I'm not going to be using bottles hardly ever then one that resembles a boob more is probably best!

Thanks
    Reviews

Bahahaha I guess I should of googled before I spoke because apparently they are still selling to Coles and woolworths. *shrugs shoulders* there was a forum on here about 2 months ago discussing their closure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Yeh I guess that stuff will come to me and bubs when he or she arrives - just like to be prepared ; ) Same convo goes for types of bottles if I need to mix feed or whatever - the brand etc - so many different ones but I guess it's what the baby likes when it's born so best not to go out and buy a whole sterilizer system etc until babies born or do you need one from birth just in case you can't breastfeed???
    If you decide to pick BPA free bottles it might limit the choice in brands

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (22-08-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast