Closed Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Happy Friday everyone! SL I'm sure it is, your body is going to cause pain as it stretches, it's not easy is it!

Just curious if anyone is planning a babymoon and/or baby shower and when do you plan to do these i.e. what week in your pregnancy? Or is it too early to think about?
    I'm 21 weeks on my babymoon right now, I have quite a prominent bump and I'm glad I'm not further progressed.. I traveled 4 hours on a plane and would hate to go long distance, my tail bone hurts! So glad to be away from the cold for awhile. Last plane trip before baby comes for me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainaberdine View Post
    Hi Beta, I've heard my indian friend refer to her girlfriend as Jaan (pronounced Jaarn I think) before..and I'm pretty sure it's a term of endearment isn't it? I think it's beautiful for a name and would reflect her cultural heritage nicely.
    Jaan is a term of endearment, also means 'life' or 'you are my life,' for India it can be boy or girl name for Sikhs. We are having a boy and then the middle name becomes the very male part of the name. My SIL is having a baby anytime now ( we are both white) they are calling their child an Anglo name, the ML is totally freaking out. It's all a bit tricky! Anyway I like Jaan for a boy so far..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    DH works with an Indian who's name is Jaanie (male) and trust me all the Aussies would call him Jarnie even if he told them to pronounce it *Yarnie*. DH seems to be incapable of pronouncing a J as a Y lol.
    I agree most Aussies are the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Happy Friday everyone! SL I'm sure it is, your body is going to cause pain as it stretches, it's not easy is it!

Just curious if anyone is planning a babymoon and/or baby shower and when do you plan to do these i.e. what week in your pregnancy? Or is it too early to think about?
    Thanks Rach - going to tuck up in bed and have an early one tonight!

Def not to early to start thinking about babymoons and showers, one of my gfs went to Malaysia at about 15 weeks along. Most of my friends went away around the 5-6 month mark. I wouldn't leave it too long if you plan to go on a long plan trip. Re baby shower I think these normally take place much closer to your due date

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Went to see a genetic counsellor this morning, I'm trying to think of our baby as having a 219 chance of not having downs. However they are still recommending the amnio because of the bloods, I have to wait another three weeks, which is doing my head in. The counsellor explained a 1 in 200 chance of a miscarriage, but basically said the chance of a miscarriage for me is extremely unlikely and is quite safe. Easy for them to say. Im really dreading doing this and know I'm going to be a complete mess. I haven't been sleeping well and I think because of that my ms has returned.

On a brighter note last night my cat was sitting on my stomach with his foot pressed on my uterus and i felt the baby kicking him. It was quite odd, I thought it was too soon to feel any movement but I'm skinny and it was strange like gentle spasmodic muscle twitching.

Rachael I'm organising my sisters baby shower for 1 month before her due date, I wouldn't want to leave it any later.
    Yay for baby movements! Big hugs on the rest I'm sorry it's such a stressful time for you and I send prayers your way xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Went to see a genetic counsellor this morning, I'm trying to think of our baby as having a 219 chance of not having downs. However they are still recommending the amnio because of the bloods, I have to wait another three weeks, which is doing my head in. The counsellor explained a 1 in 200 chance of a miscarriage, but basically said the chance of a miscarriage for me is extremely unlikely and is quite safe. Easy for them to say. Im really dreading doing this and know I'm going to be a complete mess. I haven't been sleeping well and I think because of that my ms has returned.

On a brighter note last night my cat was sitting on my stomach with his foot pressed on my uterus and i felt the baby kicking him. It was quite odd, I thought it was too soon to feel any movement but I'm skinny and it was strange like gentle spasmodic muscle twitching.

Rachael I'm organising my sisters baby shower for 1 month before her due date, I wouldn't want to leave it any later.

Hey,
    have been off line for a while. Been in new Zealand skiing! My 3 year old DD is now a better skier than me. Little ones are such sponges they pick up things so well.

Have just read thru the last week of thread - lots of topics! Hard to keep up,

KMVW: just read about your blood results. How distressing for you. I know the next few weeks wait will be dreadful for you but we are all here for you and thinking of you. My friend who's 39 had a similar results with all her 4 children!! And she had an amino for all 4! The actual risk of losing the baby to the amino is much lower than they quote provided you go to someone who's really good at them and who does them all the time. She reccomended taking a few days off after the test to haves strict bed rest - not sure it makes a difference- but I think after 4 she' d know. She said she watched the entire series of sex and the city! In the few days and got waited on hand and foot by her hubby.

I had another friend who had one too and the rapid test they do came back as all ok, but the more thorough diagnostic screen they did showed a chromosome translocation at number 7, - lucky for her it meant nothing to the baby health and alls fine, but I believe an amino is the only way you are going to feel ok and rest assured. The added bonus you get to find out the sex if you so desire and there'll be no confusion ( my ultrasound n DD1 they said she was a boy! - imagine our surprise when it came out as a girl!!,)- the big reason we aren't finding out this time with baby number 2.

Im thinking of you and sending you thread hugs - if there is such a thing- ..l.all our dearest thoughts and I'm crossing all legs and arms for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome back Gampa, all I can say is I'm jealous!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Any pram recommendations? I am thinking a BebeCare Rverse XLR or a Steelcraft Agile...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Any pram recommendations? I am thinking a BebeCare Rverse XLR or a Steelcraft Agile...

I reckon mountain buggy swift as it can fit down supermarket aisle and in small spaces.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We're on the move again ladies ... head over HERE.