Closed Thread
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    I'm guessing Europeans would say yarn, but hoping Aussies would say Jaarn. Difficult coming up with an Indian name Aussies can pronounce!
    Hi Beta, I've heard my indian friend refer to her girlfriend as Jaan (pronounced Jaarn I think) before..and I'm pretty sure it's a term of endearment isn't it? I think it's beautiful for a name and would reflect her cultural heritage nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH works with an Indian who's name is Jaanie (male) and trust me all the Aussies would call him Jarnie even if he told them to pronounce it *Yarnie*. DH seems to be incapable of pronouncing a J as a Y lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Thanks Amy how u are u x
    I'm good mrs simmo, getting bigger by the week! I'll be 16 weeks on Monday, seems to be flying by at the moment!

Happy Friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone's Friday going? I am wishing it was 4.30 already! I counted how many weeks I have left of work and its only 13... woo hoo... we are off to Singapore soon and I will have nearly 2 weeks off so technically its 15 weeks till I finish but I'm not counting the weeks I am not here!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jparness View Post
    Hi All
    is anyone in Sydney Eastern suburbs? I'd love to meet up and stay in touch through the process?
    JP

I'm in western suburbs but go to east often to beach.... Should catch up x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    How is everyone's Friday going? I am wishing it was 4.30 already! I counted how many weeks I have left of work and its only 13... woo hoo... we are off to Singapore soon and I will have nearly 2 weeks off so technically its 15 weeks till I finish but I'm not counting the weeks I am not here!! lol
    Nice one Amy - I have 15 weeks left too although unfortunately no Singapore break for me - that will be awesome, I've heard its' great and very clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leaving work early today - in about 5 mins - yay! Hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm hoping to have a pretty restful one - lots of cramps today especially in my lower abdomen - praying it's just normal stretching!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Happy Friday everyone! SL I'm sure it is, your body is going to cause pain as it stretches, it's not easy is it!

Just curious if anyone is planning a babymoon and/or baby shower and when do you plan to do these i.e. what week in your pregnancy? Or is it too early to think about?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 07-09-2012 at 15:58.

Thanks
    Reviews

Went to see a genetic counsellor this morning, I'm trying to think of our baby as having a 219 chance of not having downs. However they are still recommending the amnio because of the bloods, I have to wait another three weeks, which is doing my head in. The counsellor explained a 1 in 200 chance of a miscarriage, but basically said the chance of a miscarriage for me is extremely unlikely and is quite safe. Easy for them to say. Im really dreading doing this and know I'm going to be a complete mess. I haven't been sleeping well and I think because of that my ms has returned.

On a brighter note last night my cat was sitting on my stomach with his foot pressed on my uterus and i felt the baby kicking him. It was quite odd, I thought it was too soon to feel any movement but I'm skinny and it was strange like gentle spasmodic muscle twitching.

Rachael I'm organising my sisters baby shower for 1 month before her due date, I wouldn't want to leave it any later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks kmvw. Can imagine how stressful this is for you. Why do you have to wait that long to get it done? It would do my head in also. Can't believe your scan was good but stupid bloods changed it, makes the decision hard.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 07-09-2012 at 17:18.