Closed Thread
Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely have it at your house!
    its your party!
    I had mine at my house and it was great! You get tons of presents (even if you ask for none) so you don't have to transport them all and people really want to see the nursery.
    Driving isn't an issue.. they will get over it!
    do what you want to do!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree Meshell. Def have it at your house. That way you can have who YOU want there and not who they want.

I think it's unfair of them to expect that you have it at their house. Half an hour isn't that far to drive. My IL's drove 1 hour to get to mine.

And I agree with Adden people want to see what you've bought the baby. And seeing as it sounds like your organizing your own shower then it makes scene to have it at your place anyway, other wise you'll have to lug everything over to IL's place and that is too much to expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I read IVF favors boys but ICSI produces more girls.

I had half ICSI and half IVF and ended up with DD2. So who knows ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Ok so finally the day has come for our NT scan we have made 12 wks I'm so nerves about the scan I want to know all is ok I'll keep you all posted I wish everyone luck on there journey xo
    Good luck mrs simmo and enjoy seeing bubs : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi ladies just after an opinion, I am a little pi$$ed at my mother in law.
    I am having my baby shower in november as december is always a write off with christmas and I am due beginning of feb so november would be best month. Anyway I am unsure of where I should have my baby shower I was thinking a park, or my mums house or my inlaws house or my house. Mum told me to have it at my house (my house is lovely and new) as I have a massive 9mx 5m entertaining area out my back yard. Also she said people want to see the baby room and stuff. so I have warmed to the idea only little issue is 50% of the people coming live half an hour away. My husband said having it at our house sounds like a great idea and he would tell his mother to help with the food and preparation. When he announced to his mum and 2 sisters it will be at our house they turned up their noses and immediately told me that was ridiculous I should make people drive to my house when I could have it at theirs. This has made me feel quite uncomfortable about the situation also I dont want children to attend my brother and sisters inlaws have lots of little children that are a nightmare when they are at adult functions.
    Plus my inalws are all heavy drinkers and like to have the party at their house so they can all get sloshed crank horrible music and just have all the focus on them.
    Should I suck it up and have the party at their house with the screamy kids or stick to my guns and tell them its at my house and no kids allowed?
    I am a little frustrated with how they have made me feel. Like I mean they can car pool? as my dead sh!t sisters in law and their partners and children all live with my mother and father in law (yes they are dead sh!ts)
    Meshell23 do it at our lovely new house - will be a great opportunity for people to see the house if they haven't already and sounds like you have a perfect entertaining area. YOU are the pregnant one and this is YOUR shower and yes whilst your DH and his family have a right for their say too YOUR mum and YOURSELF think that having it at YOUR house is best for YOU....

DO IT : )

FYI I had a kitchen tea before my wedding and held it at my auntie's house which was at least half an hour away, in fact for a couple of people more like 45 mins - 1 hour and they still came.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Just got home from our Morph scan, it was great to see our bubba again and everything is perfect! And we are having a girl! So excited, I was so sure it was going to be a boy!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beeanksta For This Useful Post:

adden  (03-09-2012),LillyPonds  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Congratulations beanksta!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeanksta View Post
    Just got home from our Morph scan, it was great to see our bubba again and everything is perfect! And we are having a girl! So excited, I was so sure it was going to be a boy!!
    Congratulations a GIRL yaaaaay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Beanksta!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you!! We are so excited!!