Closed Thread
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I have my nt scan tomorrow morning and was told it will be an internal... Is that normal?
    I had an internal one for my NT scan. Depends on how the bub is sitting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have my nt scan tomorrow morning and was told it will be an internal... Is that normal?
    I have heard sometimes they do an internal for NT, more frequently not but it is done.

Where I went it has this on thier website regarding pregnancy scans
    "Pregnancy ultrasound is mainly performed transabdominally, as there is more control over the views, and it is less invasive of your privacy. For specific reasons a transvaginal ultrasound may also be required. This comes up most often in very early stages of pregnancy such as finding a heart beat, but occasionally arises at any stage, such as the length of the cervix or the lower edge of the placenta, in circumstances where this information will be more precise by the vaginal approach. If so, the reason/benefit will be explained."

Hope that helps, I think bottom line is don't worry the technician may just prefer that way or gets better images that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey kmvw, I had to have an internal scan for the NT. Nothing I wasn't used to after rounds of ivf ha ha ha. Mainly cos little baby wasn't cooperating and they couldn't do the long measurements. Was much easier to measure after doing the internal scan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

So my mum came over today, my mum and I are really close but sometimes I get the distinct impression that I am not what she wanted and she still doesn't appreciate me for me.
    To set the scene a bit, I am the youngest of three with older brothers, and mum always wanted a girly girl, which I am not. I showed her the stuff I bought for the baby today and the first thing she said was 'i dressed you in stuff like this all the time and it didn't work on you, look how you turned out' I found it odd and is playing on my mind. Am I just being pregnant and pedantic?
    I don't care what our girl chooses to wear when she is older, as long as she is comfortable and happy in herself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

I had internal and external at my NT scan - just to get clearer measurements I think

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm glad others have had internal nt scans, I was worried the internal could cause a problem because we have been told no to dtd because of cramping, though I'm not sure when that ends.

Grebbeci I was a Tom boy when I was young as well so I know the expectations you mention, I'm sure my mum wouldn't change me despite saying similar things. I've changed somewhat now, I'm much more girly now. Although I didn't change for anyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    grebbecci, I get the same feeling off my mum all the time. Same set up almost, I am the second oldest of 3 brothers and always got told by mum that she was disappointed I wasn't a girly girl. Yes she says it all the time to me... It was ok when I was very young but once apparently I use to tantie when dresses where put on me, was only happy in pants like my brothers.

Mum gets upset at my SIL as she doesn't dress her little 3 year old girl in girly dresses, she buy them all the time but my niece hates them. It was only cause I was in a pretty white dress for my wedding that she put on a pretty dress too. lol

Bit of a stash you got going there Greddecci! looks good, so glad you went shopping!!
    Last edited by Nala9000; 30-08-2012 at 18:30.

Thanks
    Reviews

What Your Expecting Roll Call

Boy!!!

Motherwillbe

Girl!!!

Grebbeci

Surprise!!!
    LillyPonds
    Gampa
    AmyEL

Feel free to update when you find out by putting your name under the appropriate heading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    not much from my end!
    still feeling blah, but i got out of bed today! woo hoo!!
    I went to the OB and saw little bean again - was moving lots and got to hear the heartbeat. so cute!
    Hope you are all well/getting better!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    not much from my end!
    still feeling blah, but i got out of bed today! woo hoo!!
    I went to the OB and saw little bean again - was moving lots and got to hear the heartbeat. so cute!
    Hope you are all well/getting better!
    How exciting! Me too, feeling blah, think my ms is back, sore throat, sniffly nose... I'm 17 weeks now, morph can next week! Hubby will be away, but we would like to find out the sex, so stat tuned! Lol