Closed Thread
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry guys but need to have a rant.

So obviously we had been putting off buying a lot of stuff for bub like manchester and clothes and things until we knew what we were having. After finding out we were having a little girl yesterday I was sooo excited and couldn't wait to go and find the manchester for her cot and maybe buy her 1 or 2 outfits. I am in the middle of decorating the nursery at the moment and it would be nice to have all the bits to put it together at the end.
    So I say to DH last night, "you know I'm going shopping tomorrow.' and he responds with 'You can't, I don't get paid this week." (he had to take an unpaid week of leave for our holiday last week cause he has just started a new job). Even when I suggested laybuy he said we had enough on laybuy as it is. So whilst I am well aware I could just ignore him, and on some level he may not have really been serious anyway, he has taken all the fun out of it and now I am not even looking forward to going and buying things for our baby girl. So I probably won't go shopping today now and I just kind of feel like sh!t and all heaps stressed about money again.
    I feel like he has taken away the first thing I have been excited about it the whole pregnancy.

ETA - and now my frickin media player has decided to sh!t itself.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Yeah I know the feeling grebb my partner is being a tight **** lol all we have bought is a car seat and some disposable nappies and body wash, 6 washers and 6 towels and 2 flannel bed sheets. All the rest of the junk we have is secondhand I'm dying to know what we are having so I can get rid of half of it on the sly and I seen a pram I liked online last nite and it was on sale for $250. I sent the link to her and asked if she looked at and she says what's it supposed to be and I said it's a pram. She then said I just want a no name pram like my sisters I might ask her if she will sell it to us, um no thanks that pram is almost 5 years old and seen 2 babies not too mention the three cousins who have been in and out of it. Am I being a b***h by wanting to pick my own things?

Thanks
    Reviews

Argh poo to both your DH & DP!! We have fought long and hard for these little miracles so we all should be allowed to get excited and get a few new things for bubs... Baa humbug

Thanks
    Reviews
    exactly what I was going to write Nala!
    I have a friend who only got second hand stuff and if she goes shopping she will only go to the good sammies! Cmon!! theses are our little bundles of joy! I love shopping (even if it is at BigW) for clothes! its part of the whole process.
    I know its hard with big items, but unfortunately babies cost money!
    I think you should have joy when you shop for them, not guilt!
    I haven't bought anything yet.. I think I'm waiting on finding out the sex. I have sooooo many boy clothes that if its a girl she will be wearing some blue
    I may go get some nappies when I'm better. just to make it feel real.
    gotta start thinking about setting up the nursery too... oh well i have time!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahaha good on ya meshell!!! Have you got your scan date yet? Are u finding out the sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH can be a "tightar$e" but there are ways around it... I usually ease him into things... first you tell him how expensive things are... always adding a little bit, then I show him some good deals that will save him money... and cause you originally added some to the cost it all looks cheap... works all the time! Its a bit of a process but he is happy when he thinks he is saving some money!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just a quick post ladies as I haven't been on for a few days...sorry to those who have been or are still unwell - especially Gampa you poor thing! Must have been so scary and hope ur ok. To those of you who have had their morph scans and have found out the sex - congratulations - I've seen one boy and one girl so far!

AFM home for the week with antibiotics got a TERRIBLE flu and of course freaking out for the baby! I'm trying to stay hydrated and still eating so I'm sure everything is fine I just haven't been sick like this in ages! Next appt with OB is on the 11th so we'll get to hear the little one's heartbeat...wish it was sooner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - hope you are feeling better soon

So decided to go shopping anyway, figure it's not like we have had to buy any big ticket items, MIL bought the pram, my mum bought the car seat, already had the cot, getting given a change table.
    And it's my birthday in 2 weeks so the money I get given for that can just go on the CC to pay off the baby stuff I bought today. I spent less than $300, I think that's pretty good actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci - that would have been fun!!! Good on you!!
    what did you get????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Oh congrats motherwillbe are you excited by the idea of a baby boy?
    I always thought I'd I've a girl so was a little shocked at first. I've adjusted now and am just happy to finally be pregnant