Closed Thread
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I am loving going through my list of things that eventually we need to get and am loving doing the research and getting great advice / opinions from you gals...I've made my decision on the whole bottle/dummy/steriliser thing, now I'm interested to get some opinions on body products for babies...

Now, there seem to be SOOO many products around for bubs but I've read that you really need only one product that does it all (shampoo & body). I guess you would then need a moisturiser? Talc? Again as I said so many options...Would love your opinions on this topic along with any good brands....

Thank you

xx
    I like natural products, but some smell really bad!!!
    I use Burts Bees (from David Jones and Myer) as its mostly natural and I LOVE the smell. They have a great belly balm for stretch marks too!
    I stay away from talc and use the powder that doesn't contain talc (again, i use Burts bees)
    Go with what you like the smell of cause baby will smell of that!
    I got a few samples of things and that was worth while!
    I use a powder, a body/shampoo wash in one, nappy paste (i get that from america.. its awesome!) and thats about all.
    I also got a medi honey ointment thing that is awesome for rashes.
    Keep it simple cause you get lots of samples from everywhere and you will develop a favourite soon enough.
    hope that helps
    I will be interested to hear what people like cause I get sick of the same smell!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I like natural products, but some smell really bad!!!
    I use Burts Bees (from David Jones and Myer) as its mostly natural and I LOVE the smell. They have a great belly balm for stretch marks too!
    I stay away from talc and use the powder that doesn't contain talc (again, i use Burts bees)
    Go with what you like the smell of cause baby will smell of that!
    I got a few samples of things and that was worth while!
    I use a powder, a body/shampoo wash in one, nappy paste (i get that from america.. its awesome!) and thats about all.
    I also got a medi honey ointment thing that is awesome for rashes.
    Keep it simple cause you get lots of samples from everywhere and you will develop a favourite soon enough.
    hope that helps
    I will be interested to hear what people like cause I get sick of the same smell!
    I recently read talc is not recommended as can be ingested into lungs. Makes sense I guess but wouldn't have thought about it. Certainly wouldn't be good for asthma sufferers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi girls, just a quick one, Chibebe Slumber Pod's are on Ozsale for $59 they are normally $150ish... I've put my order in :-) http://www.chibebe.com.au/categories/The-Slumber-Pod/ if you want to have a look a their website, they have good reviews :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Told work, was a bit awkward but at least it's done they seem supportive, but time will tell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow, this thread moves fast in a week.

To all the newbies - Welcome to the thread always nice to have a few extra people and opinions on board.

To all those who have had scans - It's fantastic that everyones scans have gone sooo well and that we haven't had any problems come up. Good luck to anyone that has scans coming up.

Nicsta - Must be a weight off your shoulders having told work, at least you don't have to stress about that any more.

AFM - Been at the blue mountains for the last week on holidays which was nice and relaxing. Realised how unfit I am, or it's harder work carrying around a small human than I thought . Past the halfway mark now YAY!!!! have our morphology scan on Tuesday, can't wait to find out what we are having.

Went to a giant teddy bear shop at the mountains (I have a thing with teddy bears ) Bought a big black bear called Silas for the baby and DH bought me a huge lil peepers cat, called Chilie. Pics below

IMG_0498.jpgIMG_0499.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Hehe chilie looks like that little critter from Madagascar well kinda I think it's in the eyes. Cute none the less. Glad you enjoyed your break, I've also noticed how "unfit" I have become but I've noticed my heartbeat is beating like crazy and I'm breathing heavy without moving lol so I'm putting it down to that

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, i'm Jo, I'm due end Jan/early Feb. Not too sure how this site works, but found the thread, and would like to join. Also curious if any of you are in the Bondi area, or if you know where I can find support groups in the area?
    cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    oh wow, this thread moves fast in a week.

To all the newbies - Welcome to the thread always nice to have a few extra people and opinions on board.

To all those who have had scans - It's fantastic that everyones scans have gone sooo well and that we haven't had any problems come up. Good luck to anyone that has scans coming up.

Nicsta - Must be a weight off your shoulders having told work, at least you don't have to stress about that any more.

AFM - Been at the blue mountains for the last week on holidays which was nice and relaxing. Realised how unfit I am, or it's harder work carrying around a small human than I thought . Past the halfway mark now YAY!!!! have our morphology scan on Tuesday, can't wait to find out what we are having.

Went to a giant teddy bear shop at the mountains (I have a thing with teddy bears ) Bought a big black bear called Silas for the baby and DH bought me a huge lil peepers cat, called Chilie. Pics below

Attachment 25961Attachment 25962
    We have our morph scan tomorrow, very excited to find out the gender too! I'm worried something will be wrong of course, really feel like it will be a big milestone, but knowing this journey something else will stress me out in a few weeks. I've already started noticing when there is less movement, poor baby is sleeping but I just want it to wiggle all the time.
    Anyone else feeling movement? Such a lovely feeling

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    We have our morph scan tomorrow, very excited to find out the gender too! I'm worried something will be wrong of course, really feel like it will be a big milestone, but knowing this journey something else will stress me out in a few weeks. I've already started noticing when there is less movement, poor baby is sleeping but I just want it to wiggle all the time.
    Anyone else feeling movement? Such a lovely feeling
    Wow best of luck all will be fine I'm sure x I'm still waiting for the 12wks NT it's on the 3/9 I'm worried sick about it as I have this whole time only had sore boobs no sickness

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs simmo For This Useful Post:

Beta  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Welcome Jo, what date are you due, I'll add you to our role call :-)

Good Luck Beta, have fun finding out the sex, I can't wait to feel movement!!

Don't stress about the lack of symptoms Mrs Simmo, I've had very little, not even sore boobs, although they are much bigger!! Lack of symptoms doesn't mean much, each pregnancy is different & just means your body handles the hormones well.

I went shopping yesterday & bought summer clothes :-) we are going to Singapore in a few weeks so needed things that would fit!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Beta  (26-08-2012)