Closed Thread
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    is it me or is the first question people ask you when they find out you're pregnant is "are you finding out what you're having' even before whens your due date!! EVERY single person has asked us. It kind of makes me not want to find out anymore to prove that we can wait haha!!
    Yeah I reckon., but the worst thing is people seem to think that your abdomen is public property and people love to place their hands n my belly and say ooohhhhhh you're expecting- doh!!vim not normally this fat for no reason. They tend to think its their right to touch your belly!!!! I often remove their hands or move away!! Weird some people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes SL Like it's any of their business anyway. It's like names as well. 'Have you got names picked out? Ohhh what are they?' Ah none of your beez wax lady.

And Gampa the whole belly thing. I hate it. Why do they think it is ok to touch your belly???? Would they do it any other time? We need to think of some really clever 'back off' comments to say to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Yes SL Like it's any of their business anyway. It's like names as well. 'Have you got names picked out? Ohhh what are they?' Ah none of your beez wax lady.

And Gampa the whole belly thing. I hate it. Why do they think it is ok to touch your belly???? Would they do it any other time? We need to think of some really clever 'back off' comments to say to them.
    I thankfully have had no one touch my belly yet (except my niece which was ok lol). Also no questions on names either - i'm sure the time will come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree ladies, it is most definately, are you finding out what you're having? No. Oh why not?

On this whole journey for me there hasn't much of a surprise element to any of it given everything we went through so I'd like one part to just be unknown, especially as it is our first!

And yes the names, I don't know how you ladies feel but even if people ask me, I won't be telling them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa.. I think you need to come live with me for a while... your wealth of knowledge is needed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a problem with some people touching my tummy. little persons are ok, they are most relatives or kids I know. I have a MASSIVE problem with my mum touching my tummy (we don't get on very well, she drives me nuts) but I am ok with my MIL and SIL, as they don't do it all the time, and it isn't as soon as I see them, they are very gentle about it

I have told my mum I am not comfortable with my belly being rubbed at the moment, and she was like its my grandchild I can do what I want... I am like, it is my body and I am asking you to respect my choice.

As for comments, one of my friends use to rub the offenders tummy and go.. is that a food baby in there? or awww budda belly. lol that use to really get the message across!

Crafty - that is the only reason that is stopping us from finding out the sex... but we are to curious cats so not sure how we will go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon one needs a cattle prod for people who touch our bellies. Nothing a good old zap won't fix

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainaberdine For This Useful Post:

adden  (23-08-2012),LillyPonds  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    I agree ladies, it is most definately, are you finding out what you're having? No. Oh why not?

On this whole journey for me there hasn't much of a surprise element to any of it given everything we went through so I'd like one part to just be unknown, especially as it is our first!

And yes the names, I don't know how you ladies feel but even if people ask me, I won't be telling them!
    100% if people ask us names we won't be telling them - complete secret until bubba is born

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im back....and like you all have said it was amazing

Everything was as it should be, HB was 150, chance of downs was 1 in 6,506 and all the other were even lower, one of them was 1 in 111,475.

Very relieved!

My DH reckons he saw a little boy in there, but the sonographer reckons he was seeing things as she didnt couldnt see what he did, she reckons maybe it was the cord. Only time will tell

Now i can begin telling people....starting with work...hmm. Good news is our mat leave has just increased to 3 months paid from 6 weeks, so thats amazing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

adden  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Im back....and like you all have said it was amazing

Everything was as it should be, HB was 150, chance of downs was 1 in 6,506 and all the other were even lower, one of them was 1 in 111,475.

Very relieved!

My DH reckons he saw a little boy in there, but the sonographer reckons he was seeing things as she didnt couldnt see what he did, she reckons maybe it was the cord. Only time will tell

Now i can begin telling people....starting with work...hmm. Good news is our mat leave has just increased to 3 months paid from 6 weeks, so thats amazing
    Fantastic news Nicta and what fab timing for the increase in mat leave - that is a massive increase!! I didn't realise that you can actually ask the sonographer what they think the sex is at 12 weeks - obviously they can do a guesstimate. My friend says that with her first she asked at 12 weeks and then at her 20 weeks it was a girl. With her second, they said boy at 12 weeks and it was a boy