Closed Thread
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I'm the same, whilst I will be [God willing] BFing I still want bottles incase I want to express or in whatever situation I would need them (I don't even know lol) - but I need to get a steriliser that will fit a few different brands too incase I need to change...

With the prams what I did was download the safety requirements (australian standards) which you can google. Had a flick through those and then I wrote a wish list of what i wanted from my pram ie:

Fully reclining for newborn
    Baby to face me or face the front
    4 wheels (not a massive fan of three wheels)
    Sturdy enough to power walk / jog with
    Storage at the bottom
    Sunshade /Raincover
    2nd seat for bubs # 2 in the future (god willing)
    big enough to have newborn to toddler

It just so happened that my SILs pram met all my requirements (except is has three wheels and no second seat) so I was absolutely wrapped! If I had to go out and buy a pram because there are SO many options, I would just do a wishlist and go by that - surely that would narrow it down! Good luck : )

Hey SL1009: re storage of Breast milk. Best not to buy bottles just to storemilk. They take up too much room in your freezer and there are specific breast milk storage requirements to prevent bacteria etc. there's something called Mrs Brown bags.vthey look like glad bags!! But are reusable and compressible so much better to store breast milk in. Hard to find on shops but you can get them on line. My friend told me about them after I had 20 bottles in my freezer but no food!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hey SL1009: re storage of Breast milk. Best not to buy bottles just to storemilk. They take up too much room in your freezer and there are specific breast milk storage requirements to prevent bacteria etc. there's something called Mrs Brown bags.vthey look like glad bags!! But are reusable and compressible so much better to store breast milk in. Hard to find on shops but you can get them on line. My friend told me about them after I had 20 bottles in my freezer but no food!!!
    Thanks Gampa good to know I would much rather have more room for food!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Calli and Bentobox! congrats! So happy to have you here!!!

Thanks for the best wishes - my scan isn't until 4.15 (perth time!) as I wanted DH to come and thats the earliest he can get there.
    So ill post, but some of you will probably be getting ready for bed by the time I get home
    So nervous - didn't sleep at all last night!

Sick of being sick! I feel like I have had a cold since I got pregnant. I think the baby is taking all my goodness and I just can't shake it!
    DS is sick too - and he hit his head really badly with an awful fall yesterday.. so he has been hard work! He was up all night too!
    Ill stop complaining now

hope you are all well and having a wonderful thursday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013

4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    10th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL
    27th - Crafty45

Due in March 2013
    2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    13th - Rafiki
    15th - Mrs Simmo
    Due in April 2013
    1st - Calli202

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761
    Bronwyn

Scans & Appointments[B]
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Calli202 - 9 week scan 23 August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August
    Nala - OB and Morph scan 31st August
    Rafiki - nt scan
    Khutch - morph scan 6 Sep, OBGYN 12 Sep
    SL1009 - OB Appt 11th September
    LillyPonds - OB 13th September
    AmyEL - OB 14th September
    broomdyke - OB gyn 4 sep, morph scan 19 sep
    SL1009 - 20 week scan, 28th September
    AmyEL - 20 week scan, 11th October

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Wow a new thread and heaps to catch up on. I guess that's what happens when you have limited internet access at work and by the time you get home your to stuffed to do anything lol.

Glad to see all your scans are coming up and going great.

Welcome to the new ladies. This group is really big now and I know I'll struggle to keep up with everyone.

SL - My morph scan went really well last Thursday. All is where it should be and looking great. Bubs was a real wiggler and it took some time to get the shots they needed. But that didn't worry me we got to see bubs for longer. We didn't find out the sex. So it's a surprise for us! I'm 20 weeks today and at the halfway mark. Can't believe it's here already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Adden I was just thinking, wow I will probably be asleep by the time you get scanned!! Your poor son, I hope he is ok. He isn't having much luck at the moment the poor little thing.

Congrats on your scan Lilyponds! You must have been loving all the extra time you got to see bubs, wriggle little one, wriggle!! Wow 20 weeks! Were you tempted to find out the sex once you were in there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well im off for the scan....just trying to drink this water which is not going down well. I actually forgot i needed to drink water - whoops! So think i was meant to finish drinking 1 litre 1 hour prior, ill be lucky to finish 1 litre half hour before...

Anyway im nervous and excited.

Ill update you all later.

Have fun chatting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Well im off for the scan....just trying to drink this water which is not going down well. I actually forgot i needed to drink water - whoops! So think i was meant to finish drinking 1 litre 1 hour prior, ill be lucky to finish 1 litre half hour before...

Anyway im nervous and excited.

Ill update you all later.

Have fun chatting
    Gooooodddd luuuccccckkkkk eennnjjooooooooyyyyyyy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty - No I wasn't tempted but when she did ask if we wanted to find out the sex I said yes and DH said no lol. I only said yes cause DH wanted to find out but for some reason he changed his mind so we didn't find out. I can ring the clinic that did the scan and find out if I really wanted to as they keep that info on file but I'd rather have a surprise this time.

Nicsta83 - Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    is it me or is the first question people ask you when they find out you're pregnant is "are you finding out what you're having' even before whens your due date!! EVERY single person has asked us. It kind of makes me not want to find out anymore to prove that we can wait haha!!