Closed Thread
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

Good luck, nicstar and Adden.

Re: sterilization. Great info, appreciate it all, keep it coming.
    As I have no idea, apart from goin to need double the bottles ! I'm wanting one that if Ihave to change brand of bottles, it will still be ok.
    Sigh - there's si much to look into, don't get me started on prams. This will explain why I'm not sleeping, dh and I in the next few weeks '( after 12 weeks )
    Next Wednesday !! Yay. Will be going into some bug stores to hunt and gather info.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

Bug stores Hahaha.
    Yep that is a typo.
    Hope I made you laugh, even if it wasnt on purpose.
    P.s, great nursery ideas, you are all so clever and organised.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bentobox View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm wondering if it would be ok to join your thread? I've been reading this one and the normal due in march threads for a while but think this one would be a better fit for me since we've all been on the same ivf journey!

Bit about me - DH and i were lucky 'one hit wonders' with our first ivf cycle. At the time i was disappointed with only 3 eggs collected but it only took one! (and we got one for the freezer too).

Anyway, I'm due 6th March and looking forward sharing stories and advice with you all. Even though this baby was wanted for a while, I'm feeling quite clueless about how to prepare!
    Welcome bentobox and Congratulations - hoping you have a healthy and stress free pregnancy : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calli202 View Post
    Hi ladies ,

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I am not as far along as all of you but finding it hard to find any other ladies out there due in April next year. I am due on 1 April (so only just short of your thread cut off point) and due to the lovely invite from Nicsta I thought I would come across here.

To be honest I have been stalking this thread for a few weeks as I have been so sick with morning sickness. I just wanted to make sure that what I was feeling was normal. I have struggled to stay at work for the last few weeks but finally feel like I have rounded the corner. I am now only throwing up 4 or 5 times a day and can finally last the whole day at work. I had to tell work at the beginning of last week (7 weeks). Eek! Luckily they were very supportive and respect my wish to keep things quiet till the 12 week mark.

I have my 9 week scan tomorrow morning and am feeling a little nervous (but quietly confident as I have been so sick). This is was our second ivf cycle and we were so lucky to get our BFP so soon. Can't wait to see our little eggbert again tomorrow.

It is so lovely to hear how each and everyone of you are going and makes me confident that we too will safely get to the 12 week mark and beyond.

I am very excited to enjoy this journey with all of you lovely ladies (provided that you will have me of course!).
    Of course we'll have you - welcome Calli and congratulations to you too - it's nice to see a couple of newbies on this thread. Good luck with your 9 week scan...From my experience I had my first scan at 7wk2d but was still stressing hard - once we had our second scan at 9 weeks I was so much more confident and feeling much happier - especially as we saw the little bubba move! Hope it's wonderful for you. Sorry you've been sick but glad you're starting to feel a little better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Welcome Calli and Bentobox! great to have you aboard. Calli hope that morning sickness eases up soon.

Nic and Calli, good luck tomorrow! so exciting to be seeing bubs again!

Gampa, forgot to say thanks for all that info on the sterilisers. added it to my list of options, gets longer by the minute
    That's the only bad thing about living in the modern era - all these OPTIONS lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
    Good luck, nicstar and Adden.

Re: sterilization. Great info, appreciate it all, keep it coming.
    As I have no idea, apart from goin to need double the bottles ! I'm wanting one that if Ihave to change brand of bottles, it will still be ok.
    Sigh - there's si much to look into, don't get me started on prams. This will explain why I'm not sleeping, dh and I in the next few weeks '( after 12 weeks )
    Next Wednesday !! Yay. Will be going into some bug stores to hunt and gather info.
    I'm the same, whilst I will be [God willing] BFing I still want bottles incase I want to express or in whatever situation I would need them (I don't even know lol) - but I need to get a steriliser that will fit a few different brands too incase I need to change...

With the prams what I did was download the safety requirements (australian standards) which you can google. Had a flick through those and then I wrote a wish list of what i wanted from my pram ie:

Fully reclining for newborn
    Baby to face me or face the front
    4 wheels (not a massive fan of three wheels)
    Sturdy enough to power walk / jog with
    Storage at the bottom
    Sunshade /Raincover
    2nd seat for bubs # 2 in the future (god willing)
    big enough to have newborn to toddler

It just so happened that my SILs pram met all my requirements (except is has three wheels and no second seat) so I was absolutely wrapped! If I had to go out and buy a pram because there are SO many options, I would just do a wishlist and go by that - surely that would narrow it down! Good luck : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013

4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    10th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL
    27th - Crafty45

Due in March 2013
    2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    13th - Rafiki
    15th - Mrs Simmo

Due in April 2013
    1st - Calli202

Our Precious Angels[B]
    Mich4761

Scans & Appointments[B]
    Nicsta83 - 12/NT week scan 23rd August
    Calli202 - 9 week scan 23 August
    Grebbeci - OB and Morph scan 28 August
    Adden - 12 week scan 29th August
    Nala - OB and Morph scan 31st August
    Rafiki - nt scan
    Khutch - morph scan 6 Sep, OBGYN 12 Sep
    SL1009 - OB Appt 11th September
    AmyEL - OB 14th September
    broomdyke - OB gyn 4 sep, morph scan 19 sep
    SL1009 - 20 week scan, 28th September
    AmyEL - 20 week scan, 11th October

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a great Thursday ladies - I have no meetings today and not a whole lot to do so will be up for any discussions as usual lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Calli and Bentobox! We love having new girls join! Wishing you both an easy, stress free pregnancy.

What time are your scans today ladies? I have everything crossed for you that all goes well!

Quiet day for me too today SL - which usually means the day will drag on and on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome all the newbies.

Calli202: I also have had horrendous MSand been admitted twice to hospital. Sigh.....im 16 weeks now and still on ondansetron but it is starting to ease up finally.vso I sympathise!!! Hope it eases up for you.vi found flat lemonade the best to keep hydrated. Hope you feel better soon from one MS sufferer to another ...