Closed Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Sure is tough sometimes more than others. You just wonder if it is ever going to end. Being a step parent must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. How old is your stepson? Does he have brothers or sisters?
    My stepson is 17, old enough to know better! Still behaves like a 10 year old. Drives me round the bend. He has a sister who has adjusted really well to the changes. My children behave better than him and they are 10, 7 and 6!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    What color you thinking of doing?

So I hope I can attach this right, here are our colours. we are leaning towards option 3, but I really want something that is not so bright. There is a pale blue kind of colour I like too, but its not shown. what do you think? We have a very colourful doona set and going for an animal kind of theme.

Amy that is so cute your idea of clouds and hot air balloons!

IMG_0702.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Interesting I would be surprised if Tommy Tippee were finishing up as they are like number one bestseller I know in the UK, maybe not so many buyers in Australia

I want to BF as much as I can but will obviously need bottles for if and when I need to express - I do like the shape of the Tommy Tippee's closer to nature range...

I think I will just bite the bullet and get a steriliser and starter kit for whichever brand I choose later and then if bubs doesn't like it, will just have to change to another bottle or teat and make sure they fit in the steriliser I guess!! But if I'm not going to be using bottles hardly ever then one that resembles a boob more is probably best!

Hey re sterilizer.vwe got the avent microwave sterilizer. It took 3 min in microwave to sterilize anything from dummies to bottles.vit didn't matter that the bottles we got was tommie tippee and dummies happy safe, and breast pump equipment was avent! We opted for microwave sterilizer as it was portable and we could take it away with us on weekends, and only took 3 mins. The electric versions we thought were cumbersome and clunky and took too much space up on your bench top. I found my microwave sterilizer awesome and wouldn't part with it for the world and I could sterlise any brand in it too. Hope that helps

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (22-08-2012),SL1009  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2012 #2

I couldn't get away with using such bright colors lol I've got an old qlder that refuses to allow natural light into the house and when I put my paper samples out it just washed the colour out so it looked old and dirty. I'm steering towards a really warm but light champagne colour for the nursery so what little light that gets in should radiate more with the colour instead of being grey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re dummies,

My first child had sever reflux and the only that helped was a dummy. It helped move the acid down in to the stomach. She had it until she was 2 when santa came and took it away when he dropped off her presents. Santa gave it to his reindeers who were sad they had finished dropping off all the presents and were lonely on the trip back home!!! We only let her have it for night time and day time sleeps.vshe was never allowed it just to suck on in the day or at day care or at the park as you see a lot of other kids do. We didn't have trouble weaning it as we told her in the lead up to Xmas that it was going. I guss dummies is like all other challenges of parenting.vtoilet training, weaning the bottle, starting solids etc - someone old and wise once told me to not have rigid opinions about things as every baby is different and every mother is different and we are all able to cope with different things in different ways. If your baby needs a dummy why not!

re sterliser again, when we go camping I take Milton with me! Fabulous stuff. You can sterlise the bottles in Milton too - works just as well. I do however believe that for neonates ( up to 6 weeks of age) that sterilization is critical as they haven't developed their immune system yet. After 6 weeks we relaxed a fair bit. If you're short on cash just get some Milton and a clean tub dedicated to bottles and sterlise them in that.

AFM: still suffering from MS and I'm 16 weeks!!! Still on Zofran, I've got this awful feeling that my MS is not going to go and I'm going to be one of those people who vomit the whole pregnancy. Have appointment this Friday with OB to discuss the perpetual vomiting. Sigh......

I also took the ultrasound at work and had a peek at my bub yesterday!!! It promptly rolled over and pulled its leges up!!! Didnt get to see if it's a boy or girl!! It then started sucking its thumb!!vso cute......

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (22-08-2012),SL1009  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just worked out how long I have of work left... 15 weeks! Give or take a few days for holidays we have booked in... I really hope it goes by quickly, I'm already dreaming of being at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow only 15 weeks....thats is amazing!!!!

My scan is in 24 hours....very nervous and excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    If you decide to pick BPA free bottles it might limit the choice in brands
    For sure I will choose BPA Free - I don't think I will go glass - whilst they are the safest chemical wise they are probably too heavy and the risk of dropping and smashing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi ladies

Havnt posted in a while but have been reading all your updates.

This baby product stuff is a whole new world to me so I've got no advice or opinions as yet.

Does anyone know if sterilizes are worth buying?

We are starting to look around for things now and planning to purchase all our goods from the one store when the christmas sales hit.

We had our morphology scan last week and found out its a baby boy so we can start planning the nursery now too
    Congratulations a baby boy - how very very exciting!!!

I'm the same with products - just doing my researching and then waiting til the sales hit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    My husband started our nursery today :-) finished the undercoat in one day... We'll pick the colour in the next couple of weeks, going to do blue with clouds on one wall with hot air balloons, can't wait!
    That sounds ADORABLE