Closed Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Hello my lovely ladies!!!

Sharlien-I'm glad your appointment went well, it always makes you feel better when you have someone in your corner you trust.

Ace of base / MTC - loving the name change. glad to hear your procedure went well.. Keep us updated on results. Ive been thinking about the NK cells thing.. Did she say why she doesnt test for it? Weight loss thing is biting the big one. I just can't seem to move the bloody weight!!! Hopefully another week on shakes might scare my body into cooperating. Lol

Kylee- 26!!! I wish I could get mine that low..my body hates ME swear!! Lol - it is good to have a distraction to. I'm finding that's my focus and. Ot counting down days till next AF. I can understand having a break from here to, I skipped out after the first chem preg for a while. I'm glad you have dropped in though.. Keep positive. Spring is here and it's mating season lol. I will hopefully be cycling at the same time as you.. But I have to take the crappy BCP. FX I can get the weight down in the next two weeks and we can start. We can be be cycle buddies.

Rose white- yay for + OPK. Bubsicle will be with you before you know it good luck huni.. Everything's crossed for you. Xx

Lily- I'm so glad you liked dr fong- I tell ya she seems to be making lots of people happy at the moment. I was hoping maybe Rachel would put me on antagonist but no long down again for me. I. Think it will be great to cut out that three weeks.

AFM- still drinking stupid shakes and only eating some protein and salad for diner, swimming is on hold again because I got. Y tattoo colored on Saturday (I will post a pic very soon) so been walking / jogging on treadmill. Jut wish I would see some results.

As for the new job- well for starters I am getting 8 hours + sleep a night so I am one happy camper. But they are just so relaxed. It's a welcome change. And they close Dow. For two weeks every Xmas (dream come true I hate working Xmas) but closing for 3 weeks this year so $$$ will be tight coz I won't have the leave but 3 weeks to relax and with any luck il be UTD so I'll have an excuse to sit around. Lol. The ppl at work are all really nice, so I'm loving it at the moment and starting to get my head around electrical jargon again.

Hi to anyone I've missed

Love and hugs to you all. Xxxxxx
    L

Thanks
    Reviews

Photo girls, not a real good one. I'll takes other when it's healed ore before the next session.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Photo girls, not a real good one. I'll takes other when it's healed ore before the next session.
    It's looking amazing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, Im back.. Ive been on a break, and trying to keep my mind of IVF as much as possible, but AF arrived Sunday (4 days late - just to tease me with the possibility of pregnancy) then decided to arrive in full force at the MOST inconvenient time!!! but Im excited as it means we can get the show on the road again.... yay!!

So how has everyone else been??

MrsJag
    ive been following your blog and so excited for you!!!!

Lilystar - I wanted to ask, with your last cycle and none fertilising with ICSI, did they give you any explanation? Our last/first cycle, 13 eggs, none fertilised with IVF, but Dr Fong reassured me we would get fertilisation with ICSI. Apparently my eggs are really bad quality so I am absolutely petrified the same will happen again even with ICSI...

Im doing antagonist this time as well.. Ill be interested to see if there are differences.. I pick up my meds tomorrow and Im pretty sure I start jabbing right away too

Sharlein - how have you been?? with DHEA, did Dr Fong suggest that? Is it to improve egg quality?? I have been reading about it... seems a lot of you ladies are using it...

Kylee - sorry to hear you feel Dr Fong is giving up.. but keep hoping, I know a few couples who did IVF for 4 or 5 years... not exactly what any of us want to hear, but there is always hope... but wow, 8 cycles, Im struggling after one!! you must be one strong person.

Hope everyone else is keeping well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post
    Lilystar - I wanted to ask, with your last cycle and none fertilising with ICSI, did they give you any explanation? Our last/first cycle, 13 eggs, none fertilised with IVF, but Dr Fong reassured me we would get fertilisation with ICSI. Apparently my eggs are really bad quality so I am absolutely petrified the same will happen again even with ICSI...

Im doing antagonist this time as well.. Ill be interested to see if there are differences.. I pick up my meds tomorrow and Im pretty sure I start jabbing right away too
    Hi Lynlee

Well they couldn't really give us much reason as to why. Other then sometimes it just happens. It is quite unusal with ICSI to not have fertilisation but it still does happen. They also said it still might happen again but they are hopeful that given we had good fertilisation the first round that it was just a once off. Fingers crossed!! Couldn't deal with that again....ahhhhh. They said that they can only really go by how the eggs and sperm look on the day and think that either one of them even though they looked good and healthy on the outside weren't perfect on the inside. Dr Fong also things that my eggs weren't overly mature either as they had low estorgen levels (I only jabbed for 7 days last time, compared to more days the first time). So this time she is doing things differently for us including PICSI to help choose the best swimmers (I think from your sig you are doing that too?), antagonist and also maybe waiting for 37 or 38 hours after trigger instead of the normal 36.

I'll be about a week behind you! Can you tell me if we still sniff with antagonist? I know we have to have two needles but not sure what they are for?

Good luck!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillystar View Post
    Hi Lynlee

Well they couldn't really give us much reason as to why. Other then sometimes it just happens. It is quite unusal with ICSI to not have fertilisation but it still does happen. They also said it still might happen again but they are hopeful that given we had good fertilisation the first round that it was just a once off. Fingers crossed!! Couldn't deal with that again....ahhhhh. They said that they can only really go by how the eggs and sperm look on the day and think that either one of them even though they looked good and healthy on the outside weren't perfect on the inside. Dr Fong also things that my eggs weren't overly mature either as they had low estorgen levels (I only jabbed for 7 days last time, compared to more days the first time). So this time she is doing things differently for us including PICSI to help choose the best swimmers (I think from your sig you are doing that too?), antagonist and also maybe waiting for 37 or 38 hours after trigger instead of the normal 36.

I'll be about a week behind you! Can you tell me if we still sniff with antagonist? I know we have to have two needles but not sure what they are for?

Good luck!! xx
    Much the same as me, PICSI, longer trigger etc... Im so worried about zero fertilisation.. i started jabbing today (no sniffing) the second needle is the orgalutran...

My egg pick up was supposed to be next friday (but it might be next Thursday now as Westmead are having a low activity day or some crap on Friday, so no egg pick ups) which means only about 7 days of stims!!! When they rang to bring it all forward, I said I would rather wait to the following Monday, so longer for stims to work, but they said they would decide on Monday at my ultrasound...

Im feeling like this is being way too rushed!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi me again... just wondering if anyone can recommend a good acupunture place nearby to Westmead??

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,
    well i too have been away from bubhub for a while but i am back now and here to stay since my IVF journey will begin this weekend. I had my nurses appointment last friday which was a bit of an anticlimax really cause besides getting my cool new swipe card everything that the nurse said i pretty much knew already and for some reason i thought i would be learning how to do the injects but apparently that is when i go down to pick up the meds. so.... my period is due on saturday. I havent done a pregnancy test this cycle yet but i am not feeling very positive about it now so i think i will just wait for it to arrive on the weekend without bothering to test early cause i do HATE HATE those bfn's!!!!
    which means i will be back at westmead either sunday or monday to collect my meds etc etc excited much??? YES YES YES
    I was told for me most likely 10-12 days on injects starting on either Day 2 or 3 of cycle so yes it does look like its all going to go down around the long weekend which kinda sucks.

question for everyone?- did they say anything to you girls about you and your partner drinking during IVF? I assume it is a big NO NO but they didnt say anything at last weeks meeting and i forgot to ask esp in regards to hubby cause he wants to know if he is allowed to drink or not? I am not planning on drinking at all except maybe the day i get my af to drown my sorrows and enjoy my last wine but that will be before the injects start.

also, i have been doing the low GI diet for the past 3 weeks pretty strict since i have thin PCOS its not about losing weight but more about insulin control and then i went and ate maccas yesterday cause i was starvation central on my way home from sydney and couldnt fathom waiting another hour for dinner and totally felt like crap for the rest of the day so i guess it is working for me and also i have lost the 2.5kg I put on while on femara but i think i was mainly the fluid. If anyone has PCOS and would like a copy of the list i can email it to you if you would like.

also, the nurse did mention to me about some kind of subsidy when you have to travel more then 100km which is us. Does anyone know how much this is? Is it worth applying for or is it some miniscule amount that is not worth the effort?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi me again... just wondering if anyone can recommend a good acupunture place nearby to Westmead??
    Hi lynlee...David Lau at Castle Hill - he's fabulous! 02 9634 3620

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much the same as me, PICSI, longer trigger etc... Im so worried about zero fertilisation.. i started jabbing today (no sniffing) the second needle is the orgalutran...

My egg pick up was supposed to be next friday (but it might be next Thursday now as Westmead are having a low activity day or some crap on Friday, so no egg pick ups) which means only about 7 days of stims!!! When they rang to bring it all forward, I said I would rather wait to the following Monday, so longer for stims to work, but they said they would decide on Monday at my ultrasound...

Im feeling like this is being way too rushed!!!!
    Maybe it's a shorter stimming period on your new type of cycle? Either way, I am VERY excited for you!