Closed Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasoe84 View Post
    hi everyone,

sharlein - i am so sorry the news of that lady got you down while you are trying to deal with your own situation. hopefully next one will be it for you

well I have had an allergic reaction to Femara (big ulgy rash all over my face) so am pretty sure i am def doing IVF next cycle. I booked an appointment with the nurse today for the 7th September. The my period will be due about a week after that and I will start on injections straight away. YAY!! Excited now!!!
    Yay! It's all happening soon! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hi ladies,

Just thought if pop in and ask a few questions about westmead..

Can anyone give me a guestimate on costs of a cycle plus picsi? And possibly What doctor is best for repeated implantation failure.

Thanks girls, after 3 cycles, lap, and a fet we are no closer to a pregnancy..

X
    I wish I knew which FS is best for repeated implantation failure, as I’ve had 4 failures (including 2 DETs) . Dr Fong is quite good with her patients and Dr Smith is the head FS and Dr Bradbury is good too. My guestimate for PICSI is around $5055 (with about $3500 Medicare refund – or probably more depending if you’ve made any other claims this calendar year).

Which stage in your cycle are you, ET, TWW? I wish you the best , I hope this cycle brings you your BFP and I hope you don’t need to come to WFC (I mean that in a nice way of course)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Not really. Transfer was on a Sat at 1pm this time, and I did nothing all weekend - back to work on the Monday. I dont know if you remember, but I was sick as a dog the week after transfer - stupid cold. So I was exhausted and in bed by 9 most nights. Lots of sleep might have helped??

I didn't eat or exercise any differently. Nothing massive except puppy walking a few times a week
    Thanks Mrsjag, I guess there are so many factors that can affect implantation, I just wish I could find out what my particular issue is . I’ve heard women in my situation possibly have immune issues, but I have no idea. I’m going to try embryo glue next time and see if that can help my naughty embies stick

Andrea – so sorry to hear of your allergic reaction. Exciting that you have an appointment soon to get IVF started, that’s great . All the supplements I take are from positive experiences from girls from Bubhub – DHEA, royal jelly, Coenzyme Q10 – my previous FS's have never suggested to take anything for my poor egg quality, their only advice is to either keep trying or use egg donors. But I strongly believe that if I give whatever eggs I have left a bit of a boost I will give myself a better chance of getting a BFP. My 2nd FS was not very happy when I wanted DHEA, which now makes me laugh now as the nurses last time told me of this wonderful new drug out there that can help my eggs. When I found out it was DHEA I so wish my FS was there so I could say “told you so”

Hopingforbub2 – how are you going? Any good news to share???

Sharlein – I really feel for you hearing the news of your boss’s wife , such a letdown, I hope you don’t have to hear about how she’s going for the next 9 months, that is so unfair. I feel like I want to cry

Hello Lilly, Kylee, Jems, Jeannie, Lynlee, Rosewhite and others
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 23-08-2012 at 13:28.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Sharlein123  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

How is everyone going?

MrsJag - how are you feeling? Does it feel like you are pregnant yet? A lot of my friends felt no different. Hopefully you are feeling good and aren't too tired.

Mumtochris - how are you lovely? Where are you at now? When is your appointment with your new FS? Or have you already had that and I missed the update? My eggs haven't been very sticky ones either so Dr Fong things they aren't maturing enough. She said that we might make the time from trigger to pick up longer by an hour or two this cycle to see if that helps. She has also put me on an atagonist cycle, upping my meds as well. She's hoping I get less eggs this time but better quality ones.

Andrea - that sucks about your allergic reaction. You poor thing. But at least it closes that door and opens up IVF. Hopefully it will be a short journey for you to your BFP.

Jessesgirl - I am doing PICSI this cycle but have no idea of the cost just yet. I'll let you know if I find out. I did ICSI last round and that is $5055 I think for the claim back option. We just got our money back on that and were only out of pocket about $400. Mind you we didn't make it to transfer so might have gotten more money back because of that? And we would have reached the threshold this year. WFC is really reasonable in price though compared to other places. My hubby had to have PESA and some clinics charge $2000 for that!! At WFC is it only $100! Good luck!

How is everyone else going??

AFM - had a bunch of genetic testing and other testing done today. Have another appointment with Dr Fong in a few weeks to talk through those results and then hopefully we start again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Thanks Mrsjag, I guess there are so many factors that can affect implantation, I just wish I could find out what my particular issue is . I’ve heard women in my situation possibly have immune issues, but I have no idea. I’m going to try embryo glue next time and see if that can help my naughty embies stick

Andrea – so sorry to hear of your allergic reaction. Exciting that you have an appointment soon to get IVF started, that’s great . All the supplements I take are from positive experiences from girls from Bubhub – DHEA, royal jelly, Coenzyme Q10 – my previous FS's have never suggested to take anything for my poor egg quality, their only advice is to either keep trying or use egg donors. But I strongly believe that if I give whatever eggs I have left a bit of a boost I will give myself a better chance of getting a BFP. My 2nd FS was not very happy when I wanted DHEA, which now makes me laugh now as the nurses last time told me of this wonderful new drug out there that can help my eggs. When I found out it was DHEA I so wish my FS was there so I could say “told you so”

Hopingforbub2 – how are you going? Any good news to share???

Sharlein – I really feel for you hearing the news of your boss’s wife , such a letdown, I hope you don’t have to hear about how she’s going for the next 9 months, that is so unfair. I feel like I want to cry

Hello Lilly, Kylee, Jems, Jeannie, Lynlee, Rosewhite and others
    I hope this next round works! What is embryo glue? I do know that the scientist said that the embryo we transferred was a 'hatching blastocyst' so that might have helped it stick too?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lillystar View Post
    Hi ladies

How is everyone going?

MrsJag - how are you feeling? Does it feel like you are pregnant yet? A lot of my friends felt no different. Hopefully you are feeling good and aren't too tired.

Mumtochris - how are you lovely? Where are you at now? When is your appointment with your new FS? Or have you already had that and I missed the update? My eggs haven't been very sticky ones either so Dr Fong things they aren't maturing enough. She said that we might make the time from trigger to pick up longer by an hour or two this cycle to see if that helps. She has also put me on an atagonist cycle, upping my meds as well. She's hoping I get less eggs this time but better quality ones.

Andrea - that sucks about your allergic reaction. You poor thing. But at least it closes that door and opens up IVF. Hopefully it will be a short journey for you to your BFP.

Jessesgirl - I am doing PICSI this cycle but have no idea of the cost just yet. I'll let you know if I find out. I did ICSI last round and that is $5055 I think for the claim back option. We just got our money back on that and were only out of pocket about $400. Mind you we didn't make it to transfer so might have gotten more money back because of that? And we would have reached the threshold this year. WFC is really reasonable in price though compared to other places. My hubby had to have PESA and some clinics charge $2000 for that!! At WFC is it only $100! Good luck!

How is everyone else going??

AFM - had a bunch of genetic testing and other testing done today. Have another appointment with Dr Fong in a few weeks to talk through those results and then hopefully we start again.
    It's good you're getting new testing and that you're with dr fong. I really feel like she will look after you!

I'm tired, so tired, but otherwise feel normal other than a bit of cramping here and there. They upped my progesterone pessaries to 400mg twice a day, so I'm feeling a bit grouchy. Today's heat and wind has given me a right headache, but I'm trying to abstain from panadol unless it's really bad.

Otherwise, I'm good. Happy and bloated and feeling totally normal. I snuck another pee stick yesterday (to get rid of my last one) and the hCG line came up faster than the control. I guess my emby is a slow grower.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly – I’m going fine, so far so good I suppose. AF arrived yesterday, that’s 20 days since my last AF, so super early . My appointment with the new FS is next Thursday, looking forward to it, I really hope she takes an interest in helping me, I just can’t keep jumping from FS to FS, it’s a bit ridiculous. I really loved hearing what Dr Fong has planned for you, I’m sure you’ll see an improvement in your next cycle , quality over quantity is the goal. Can’t wait to hear the results from the tests, I hope that gives Dr Fong more to work on to help you

Mrsjag – I’ve only just heard about embryo glue recently, it's supposed to help with implantation apparently http://www.vitrolife.com/Fertility/P...ia/EmbryoGlue/ and I’ve just borrowed “Is your body baby-friendly” by Dr Alan Beer, which I have heard great things about too. I am really determined to get to the bottom of this, long term TTC is exhausting. Just love your POAS

AFM
    – well, off to the city tomorrow afternoon to meet with a naturopath from The Jocelyn Centre. Probably wasting my time but we’ll hang around and have dinner somewhere in the city. I don’t get out much so this is so exciting
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 23-08-2012 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews

MTC- How did your meeting go?

Hope everyone is doing well. Anything exciting happening this week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsjaguar - exciting for me is that it looks like femara is doing its job besides the allergic reaction rash i got on my face. I actually detected EWCM yesterday for the first time since I started taking clomid which was back in November last year so yeah that is pretty exciting for me. It was only CD12 too so I am expecting to O in the next few days which is a miracle for me. The earliest i have ever O'd before even on clomid is CD18 and that was only one time so i am pretty happy at the moment. Really looking forward to my OPK results for the next few days. Also, my appointment with the nurses is next Friday so getting pretty excited about that too as it means i will prob be starting the injections for IVF the following week if I O this week.

mtc -how did you go with the natropath?

lilystar - when are you due to get your test results? I hope its good news for you.

kylee - where are you? havent heard from you in a while? How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasoe84 View Post
    mrsjaguar - exciting for me is that it looks like femara is doing its job besides the allergic reaction rash i got on my face. I actually detected EWCM yesterday for the first time since I started taking clomid which was back in November last year so yeah that is pretty exciting for me. It was only CD12 too so I am expecting to O in the next few days which is a miracle for me. The earliest i have ever O'd before even on clomid is CD18 and that was only one time so i am pretty happy at the moment. Really looking forward to my OPK results for the next few days. Also, my appointment with the nurses is next Friday so getting pretty excited about that too as it means i will prob be starting the injections for IVF the following week if I O this week.
    How great that the Femara looks to be working. I have everything crossed for you!