Closed Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Mrsjag – thanks for your feedback on what you did differently this cycle. I did take coq10, but I only took it once a day, not twice, so I’ll up my dose next time. So what about after ET, did you do/eat/drink anything differently as well? Of course we are all different, so what works for one may not work for another, but after 5 failed cycles you try anything to help get that emby to stick
    Not really. Transfer was on a Sat at 1pm this time, and I did nothing all weekend - back to work on the Monday. I dont know if you remember, but I was sick as a dog the week after transfer - stupid cold. So I was exhausted and in bed by 9 most nights. Lots of sleep might have helped??

I didn't eat or exercise any differently. Nothing massive except puppy walking a few times a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Rosewhite - what is CoQ10???? All I'm taking is preggo multi-vitamins and now metformin.. do you thinkI should be taking other things???
    Hi to Sharlien, Kylee, Jeanie, Andrea and anyone else I cant think of this early on a Monday morning!!
    CoQ10 helps with egg quality. It is in a capsule that you can buy at any chemist, health food store or supermarket. Downside is that it is very expensive ($30 for a bottle!). I found a website that was selling it cheap, but it has stopped selling it now

Royal Jelly helps with egg quality also.

Sharlein-Good luck with Dr Fong!!!

everyone else!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosewhite For This Useful Post:

Sharlein123  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,

so I spoke to Dr Smith last week just before my period was due and told him i wanted to try femara for at least one cycle just to give me time to get ready for IVF if nothing else. Anyway got my blood test results from him and they were all good. Not insulin resistant despite the PCOS and pap smear clear and also ultasound was good in my lining was the right thickness, no cysts and confirmation of 1 follicle ovulation last cycle while on tamoxifen. The only thing i worried about a bit was that one of my ovary volume was 3 times the volume of the other and also i had 32 follies on one ovary and 39 on the other which i think even for PCOS that is very high. He did say that I was at the high end for the AFC. Anyone have PCOS and remember what their afc count was prior to starting IVF?
    So... i have finished taking the femara tablets for this cycle this morning so am just waiting a week or so and hopefully I will O. If i dont O by Day 18 I am calling the nurses down at Westmead and booking in for IVF next cycle but apparently first i need to have an initial consultation with them before my period arrives as I need to start the shots at the beginning of my period cause i am doing the short cycle without the bcp.

everyone - with the extra supps and vitamins you are taking are any of these actually recomended by the doctor or are they just from learning about if from other or naturopaths etc???

can someone do roll call again so we can see where everyone is at? I would do it but I dont know how? I'm lost with knowing where everyone is up to???

Thanks
    Reviews

They have raised my progesterone from 200mg twice a day, to 400mg twice a day. Does that mean I'll turn into a hormonal monster?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just popping in to say a quick hello. Have had a busy few days so not much time to read or post. Hope everyone is doing well.

Will be back later for a proper catch up x

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

JemJems  (21-08-2012),Sharlein123  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies!! I got my bloods back today with a result of 1025 which they said is great.. 2nd blood test on thurs to double check fingers crossed for you all x

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,

Just thought if pop in and ask a few questions about westmead..

Can anyone give me a guestimate on costs of a cycle plus picsi? And possibly What doctor is best for repeated implantation failure.

Thanks girls, after 3 cycles, lap, and a fet we are no closer to a pregnancy..

X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Hi guys,
    I'm really emotional today......found out my bosses wife who had a transfer a week after me is preg. Extremely happy for them just didn't think it would effect me this much. I'm going to still blame the hormones I think.

Hope everyone is doing really well.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlein123 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm really emotional today......found out my bosses wife who had a transfer a week after me is preg. Extremely happy for them just didn't think it would effect me this much. I'm going to still blame the hormones I think.

Hope everyone is doing really well.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    I'm so sorry love. It's hard hearing news for other people when you're still hurting yourself. Hugs x

As for costs, all my paperwork is at home. I only ever did normal IVF so I don't know about extra costs for picsi.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,

sharlein - i am so sorry the news of that lady got you down while you are trying to deal with your own situation. hopefully next one will be it for you

well I have had an allergic reaction to Femara (big ulgy rash all over my face) so am pretty sure i am def doing IVF next cycle. I booked an appointment with the nurse today for the 7th September. The my period will be due about a week after that and I will start on injections straight away. YAY!! Excited now!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to andreasoe84 For This Useful Post: