Closed Thread
Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Good luck Jeannie! I would have loved doing the acu trial if they'd had it while I was cycling. I've heard great things about it paired with IVF.

I'm excited to cheer you all along this year! I can't wait for 2013 to bring lots more bfp news. x

I'm still in disbelief that our IVF actually worked last year. It's crazy. This time last year we were so down in the dumps, infertile & with no support or guidance on what to do next. We actually met dr fong for the first time in Jan - so we are almost full circle with our WFC first experience. I'm still waiting with baited breath to see if baby girl is healthy when she arrives, but feel blessed every day to be pregnant at all!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

jeannie1  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Good luck Jeannie! I would have loved doing the acu trial if they'd had it while I was cycling. I've heard great things about it paired with IVF.

I'm excited to cheer you all along this year! I can't wait for 2013 to bring lots more bfp news. x

I'm still in disbelief that our IVF actually worked last year. It's crazy. This time last year we were so down in the dumps, infertile & with no support or guidance on what to do next. We actually met dr fong for the first time in Jan - so we are almost full circle with our WFC first experience. I'm still waiting with baited breath to see if baby girl is healthy when she arrives, but feel blessed every day to be pregnant at all!
    She will be just perfect!!! Xx

possanda is offline Finally, I'm someones mummy..... Dreams come true.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

It's been a long time since I've been on here, we were supposed to start our IVF mid last year but everything fell apart. Anyway no more negative!!! We have our appointment on the 25 of January with Dr Fong. We are from QLD so any advise from those traveling from interstate would be much appreciated.

I'm excited to start, 2013 is going to be a great year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well, and managing to stay out of this heat!!! Just wondering if any has the FET mobile number please, I have to message Cecilia and the only mobile I have is for Meg. Thanks x

Possanda- I travel from QLD too. I had my medications couriered up using "pack and send" (can find the number again if you need it) and all bloods and ultrasounds were done here. (just had to pay) When we go to Sydney I stay with friends but there is also a place to stay on the hospital grounds which is not very expensive. If you let Dr Fong know you are from out of town, she should make you an appointment to see the nurses at Westmead on the same day. We caught the train to Westmead station for our first appointment and it was only a 5 minute walk from there to the hospital. All the best for your first appointment, it's not too far away!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wickets,

I'm pretty sure it's the same number. Both Meg and Celia replied to me at different times and I only ever had the one number.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lillystar, you were right again!!! And it will be a 5 day transfer. Can't wait to see a "smiley face". xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wickets For This Useful Post:

Lillystar  (14-01-2013)

possanda is offline Finally, I'm someones mummy..... Dreams come true.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and thanks Wickets,

I was wondering who you used for the scans and bloods? Do you work in with your regular GP or Gyny in QLD?

Sorry, I'm one of those people who needs to be super organised to stay stress free and the unknowns are freaking me out.

We have freinds in Sydney too, but didnt know if we were going to do a Day 2 or Day 5 transfer... So not sure if I will stay with them or in a Hotel.

Thanks and good luck with your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean about "having to be organised" Possanda!!!
    I just got the referal from my GP and had my bloods done at QML and my scan with a local clinic. You just need to find a place that will fax the results to Westmead on the same day, not all places will so it pays to ring around! Your GP might even be able to help you out.
    Best of luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello everyone,

its been a couple of months since i have been on here and looking back on the last few pages quite a few new ppl in the group.
    last time i was in on here i reported that I got a bfp from my first IVF transfer which was very very exciting. Unfortunately i ended up having a miscarriage at around 6 weeks which after the high of a pregnancy after 2.5 years of trying and our first IVF attempt it was a long way to fall when we found out that i would miscarry. I have since had a follow up appointment with Dr Smith and put a plan in place to start another frozen embryo transfer this month. I had an ultrasound done after my period finsihed to esnure my lining had thinned right back and got the all clear to go ahead this cycle with a FET. I am due to O this weekend sometime so I will be having the transfer probably wedesday/thursday next week. I am both excited and anxious this time around. I think if it doesnt work I will be fine as pretty much as soon as i get the bfn my period will be due and I will be off and cycling again doing another FET so i am not too concerned about a bfn. If its a bfp i will definately be anxious. I will be happy but with a guarded heart b/c i will be so scared of having another miscarriage. it is a weird place to be in that i feel i will be emtionally better off with a bfn then a bfp just b/c of how worried i will be that it wont last and my heart will be broken again.

lillystar - congrats on the bfp! so happy for you. that really would have been an amazing xmas present and now the relief of a good 7 week scan is just wonderfult to see

mrsjaguar - good to see your still on here supporting everyone else and that your pregnancy seems to be going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Andrea - I am so so sorry about your miscarriage That would have been so hard on you both. Good on you for getting back into it and trying again. I have everything crossed that this time will be a much better outcome for you xx

I am 8 weeks 1 day now and still so so so nervous!! I think it never goes away unfortunately.

xx
    Last edited by Lillystar; 14-01-2013 at 12:15.